Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The AmigaOne is NOT "just a Teron board"!  (Read 12843 times)

Description:

Offline samface

• Show only replies by samface
    • http://www.mindrelease.net
Re: The AmigaOne is NOT "just a Teron board"!
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2002, 05:56:11 PM »
my question to you sameface is DID YOU read the TeronCX specs and compare them to what they say is 'differant' ?... because NOTHING is...

Those are not even my words that you quoted, it's from Eyetech's website.

Anyway, the MAI board has been revised since that FAQ was written and I'm not sure wether MAI has simply implemented the Eyetech modifications but nevertheless, Eyetech did those modifications and therefore differ from the *original* Teron CX design. Before you claim otherwise, get proof or stop trolling. We have enough FUD going around anyway.
\\"640k ought to be enough for anybody.\\" - Bill Gates, 1981

Offline samface

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2002, 06:05:01 PM »
I'm posting a PDF file from MIA's site.. you show me a differance here... I wanna see what it is.
http://www.mai.com/products/BRV850R2.0.pdf

Do you see the "R2.0" ending of that file? I "think" (with extremely high plausability) that means revision 2.0. The MAI board has been improved *after* Eyetech did their modifications to the previous revision. Interpret that any way you want, facts remain: Eyetech's board is a modified version of the previous MAI revision and these modifications were made by Eyetech according to the official information available.

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2002, 06:20:11 PM »
Those are not even my words that you quoted, it's from Eyetech's website

that was my whole point... you would of course know what you didnt post?

get proof or stop trolling

didnt I just post take some text off eyetechs website and post that and then post a PDF describing in detail the TeronCX... I think I have proof... if you dont like what you read then just say you dont like it... in any case if anyone isnt bieng 'truthful' with 'proof' its eyetech for claiming something that isnt true...

www.eyetech.co.uk  go check their specs on A1 the 'revised' specs...

Offline samface

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2002, 06:23:51 PM »
If you look at this announcement on MAI's homepage, then you'll have the proof that the improvements to the MAI board has been made after Eyetech implemented theirs.

Offline Tigger

• Show only replies by Tigger
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2002, 06:27:20 PM »

samface wrote:

Also, perhaps I should inform you that there is no company called Teron at all, their name is MAI logics.

The announcement regarding Eyetech as a distributor of their boards is only just that. It has nothing to do with the Teron based but modified AmigaOne design at all.

Lets post the quote about Eyetech distributing.

Mai Logic Incorporated, a technology design house of integrated circuits/systems, today announced an agreement with Eyetech Group Ltd. to distribute the Teron CX and PX development systems in Europe, and to distribute production systems based on the Teron CX and PX designs to the Amiga market worldwide. Terms of the agreement emphasized both companies' long-term commitment to foster an unshakeable partnership and to create a bright future for the Amiga customers and partners.

Which part of this has confused you into believing that Eyetech is doing is anything more then changing boot proms???   Its interesting that everyone points to the $3900 price point as the "reason" this isnt one of the Teron boards, but of course since $500 systems were offered at LinuxWorld, its hard to use that in a real world conversation.    Eyetech implies in the post that Mai isnt doing volume product of a PPC board, everyone here knows that IS NOT TRUE.  Why exactly do YOU believe that Eyetech is only misinforming us of 1 piece of the puzzle, they are lying about Mai selling boards (in fact they are selling Mai boards) but they designed there own PPC board for Amiga.   Yeah right, it just has the exact same layout down to the resistor names, I believe that.   Eyetech had a bunch of monkeys (or maybe Sheep if Fleecy was helping them) and they eventually got an identical design to the board that Mai is selling.   So now Eyetech is selling Mai boards they are distributers for and identical boards they developed that are called "Amiga Ones".   Hey since you believe that, I have land in Florida and a bridge in Brooklyn I think you might be interested in, you are just the right kind of guy for both.    Barnum said one was born every minute, did you have to take a whole hours worth???
   -Tig

Well you know I am scottish, so I like sheep alot.
     -Fleecy Moss, Gateway 2000 show

Offline samface

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2002, 06:32:23 PM »
didnt I just post take some text off eyetechs website and post that and then post a PDF describing in detail the TeronCX... I think I have proof... if you dont like what you read then just say you dont like it... in any case if anyone isnt bieng 'truthful' with 'proof' its eyetech for claiming something that isnt true...

At the time of when the FAQ was written, yes it was true.

Now focus on the issue here; have Eyetech, or have Eyetech not made any modifications themselves to the originally acquired Teron CX design from MAI?

Like I said; you have no proof that these modifications are not made by Eyetech. Pointing at the new Teron CX design which has the same specifications is no proof of that.

Atleast I have proof that these new Teron CX specifications has been implemented after Eyetech did their modifications. How could Eyetech possibly steal a design that didn't even exist yet?

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2002, 06:33:05 PM »
I "think" (with extremely high plausability) that means revision 2.0. The MAI board has been improved *after* Eyetech did their modifications to the previous revision

well why dont you prove something for a change instead of telling me to get proof and go link hunting when what I show you disagrees with what your saying?

I think it's pretty funny you insinuate that I'm lying when I show various links to both partys websites showing that the 'TeronCX"  and the 'AmigaOne' are identical in hardware... If you can prove otherwise then find.. but if your saying im spreading 'FUD" then why dont you  prove it?.. you insinuate I'm a liar and such well hey...prove it..
I proved my point...you prove yours.

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2002, 06:34:40 PM »
you have no proof that these modifications are not made by Eyetech. Pointing at the new Teron CX design which has the same specifications is no proof of that.

again claiming I have no proof... I have no proof Jesus christ didnt make that mainboard... fact is the TeronCX and the AmigaOne are identical mainboards...and eyetech has bogus information on their website..

Atleast I have proof that these new Teron CX specifications has been implemented after Eyetech did their modifications

and what proof is that samface? do you have a 'date' ?... eyetech is no proof  since their 'spec' could have been for TeronCX R2...

At the time of when the FAQ was written, yes it was true.

do you have any proof of this?... since your so big on insinuating I'm a liar.. why dont you back that up...and prove that eyetech did indeed write an FAQ about a board they engineered and not a TeronCX R2 board or whatever?...

I havent even been able to see if there was an R1 and that the R2 isnt the 'only' TeronCX ever made... we havent established that as fact yet...and you've moved on to claiming you proved that eyetech engineered it and all sorts of stuff...this is getting funny to watch...but then again what should I have expected?

Offline samface

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2002, 06:44:01 PM »
E
and what proof is that samface? do you have a 'date' ?... eyetech is no proof since their 'spec' could have been for TeronCX R2...

What happened to your eyes, man? Have you problems reading? Let's quote *myself*:

If you look at this announcement on MAI's homepage, then you'll have the proof that the improvements to the MAI board has been made after Eyetech implemented theirs.

That announcement is dated: August 13, 2002

According to Eyetech's A1 website here: http://www.eyetech.co.uk/amigaone/
the FAQ was last updated the 20th of June.

Proof enough?

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2002, 06:51:19 PM »
yeah proof enough that the original arguement the troll who started this stated is bogus...the TeronCX is identical to the A1...

http://www.mai.com/news&events/PressRelease081302.html

nowhere here does it say Eyetech engineered anything

furthermore it also proves that eyetech's site has bogus info for not bieng updated properly.

This news update pages dosent even say changes where made to the TeronCX ... it dosent say the name eyetech on the whole page from what I see here.. and it certinly dosent give them any credit for engineering anything.... perhaps eyetech suggested things?

I think the main point wich is perfectly clear here..is that you and the above person who posted that they where 'differant' are entirely wrong and they are indeed the same... whoever engineered/suggest what...dosent change that.. their identical.. and thats a fact.

PS:editing a post and quoting yourself although cute  dosent change the reality that you editied and added your 'link' in... in a vain attempt to make me look stupid...

Offline samface

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2002, 06:53:04 PM »
Which part of this has confused you into believing that Eyetech is doing is anything more then changing boot proms???

Which part has confused you into thinking differently? The part where it says that they will distribute boards *based* on the Teron CX/PX design?

Hint: When something is "based" on another, it's actually indicating that it's not entirely the same.

Offline Seehund

• Show only replies by Seehund
    • http://AmigaPOP.8bit.co.uk/
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2002, 06:53:55 PM »
Yes, the "AmigaOne G3SE" is "just" a TeronCX board, and the "AmigaOne XE" is "just" a TeronPX board.

I put the "just" in quotation marks, because of the "so what?" factor.

Eyetech is "just" a distributor of Mai Logic's products. Eyetech, or other distributors, have nothing at all to do with design, development or upgrading of the boards. As Mai produce newer revisions, they're made available to the distributors. Is there something strange about that? So Mai made their latest "commercial" revision of the TeronCX, recently presented by its designer, penguinppc.org and Terrasoft (YDL)  at LinuxWorld earlier this year, and now this is the board that will be sold to Eyetech's end customers. So what?

Since there are no more Amigas, only whatever hardware that gets licensed, I don't understand why some people WANT the hardware to somehow be made "special,"  when all that means are lower production volumes, separate distribution lines, higher prices and less competition.
In the AmigaOS case, the hardware it'll be allowed to run on is made "special" only by means of a dongle, a licensed trademark and distribution restrictions. There's no technical reason or advantage involved.
[color=0000FF]Maybe it\\\'s still possible to [/color]save AmigaOS [color=0000FF][/size][/color]  :rtfm:......

Offline ksk

• Show only replies by ksk
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2002, 06:54:33 PM »
At some point eyetech adviced people to check out MAI pages to very that TeronCX ios not identical to AmigaOneG3-SE. I checked it at that time and it was true. For example TeronCX had ATA66 while AmigaOne had ATA 100 and while AmigaOne was able to use both PCI4 and AGP at the same time, TeronCX was not capable to do it.
I have the PDF lying somewhere, but I do not care enough to upload it anywhere.
If TeronCX specs have changed to meet AmigaOneG3-SE specs ... it just shows that AmigaOne is a evolution of the original TeronCX and MAI decided to produce only the improved version in the future...

Offline samface

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2002, 07:08:40 PM »
nowhere here does it say Eyetech engineered anything

And nowhere does it say that the AmigaOne is using this design.

furthermore it also proves that eyetech's site has bogus info for not bieng updated properly.

Why should they update information about another product which doesn't affect or has anything to do with the AmigaOne? Neither is anything bogus as you have yet to proof that Eyetech hasn't modified the original Teron CX design rather than making use of the revision 2 design of Teron CX. To me; it could just as well have been MAI who has made use of Eyetech's improvements. I mean, they are partners after all. Also, I don't know if MAI would really accept Eyetech's behaviour if what you say would be true.

You're reasoning is very odd, my friend. I mean, if I'm riding a bike and at the same time telling everyone that I am riding a bike, would that turn into a lie the moment I step off the bike? No, it was true at the moment of when I said it and it's the same with Eyetech's website.

Offline samface

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2002, 07:11:50 PM »
Thank you ksk. That's exactly what I'm trying to tell these people. But then, I think we're both wasting our time on these guys, they seem to be blinded by Amiga Inc. hatred or something. Just look at their arguments getting more and more desperate...  :roll:

Offline Loki1

• Show only replies by Loki1
« Reply #44 from previous page: November 12, 2002, 07:13:04 PM »
I love a good pissing contest!

This is like which came first the chicken or the egg!

Who gives a ####!

Loki
Amiga - Resistance was Futile! :-(