Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cinemaware launches Kickstarter for Wings: Directors Cut  (Read 8383 times)

Description:

Offline lost_loven

• Show only replies by lost_loven
Re: Cinemaware launches Kickstarter for Wings: Directors Cut
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2012, 09:11:30 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHNNAnHuB2c

on Android! :)  Battery dead on good cam so usb crap one was used!

lost
A3000D 2 meg chip, 4 meg fast,128 meg zorram! 16 gig scsi2sd, 3.1 ROM, A3640, Indivision ECS, X-surf-100. Rapid Road usb, Amd scsi chip, Buster11. FTP service now with my Ethernet WD2TB Live Book, haha love it !
hp lappy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lost666loven?feature=mhum

Offline desiv

• Show only replies by desiv
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2012, 09:20:03 PM »
Quote from: recedent;703027
You just gave an excuse to Microsoft (and probably a dozen of other software companies) to spam Amiga.org with their commercials. Good job :crazy:
So they were waiting for me???

Wow..
I'm better than I thought!!!

:banana::banana::banana:
desiv
Amiga 1200 w/ ACA1230/28 - 4G CF, MAS Player, ext floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 500 w/ 2M CHIP and 8M FAST RAM, DCTV, AEHD floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 1000 w/ 4M FAST RAM, DUAL CF hard drives, external floppy.

Offline recedent

• Show only replies by recedent
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2012, 09:37:13 PM »
Quote from: desiv;703029
So they were waiting for me???

You know what I'm talking about - Cinemaware is no way better than any remake-it-yourself-former-Amiga company. No reason to debate about its plans and products, moreover - I don't believe this announcement deserves a news item on the main page. Or maybe we'd all like to read about new versions of Lightwave, Prince of Persia, or Worms?

Offline A1260

• Show only replies by A1260
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2012, 09:51:09 PM »
Quote from: recedent;703024
If that's the case then what the heck they're doing posting on Amiga.org forum? Their message is like: "Hey, we are Cinemaware, and our company used to make games for Amiga. You know what? We need your money so that we could do a fantastic remake for iOS/PC/Whatever-not-Amiga, so come on and pledge". Maybe in a week or two we'll get a news item by Microsoft CEO: "Hi, our company made a stunning version of Amiga BASIC once, so go now and buy Windows 8/9/X/whatever"?

back in 2002 they released 'defender of the crown remastered', they did it fine without even doing any ebegging then...

look here..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pqg-SPbrN4

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2012, 09:52:01 PM »
The original Cinemaware went belly up in 1991.  There's an interview with the original folks here: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/26583/Interview_Bob_Jacob_On_The_Cinemaware_Era.php

Some guy named Lars Fuhrken-Batista bought the name and ip and had a six year run with it from 2000-2005.  

He sold it to egames.

Quote from: weirdami;703022
You are not the original?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline A1260

• Show only replies by A1260
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2012, 09:56:49 PM »
Quote from: persia;703033
The original Cinemaware went belly up in 1991.  There's an interview with the original folks here: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/26583/Interview_Bob_Jacob_On_The_Cinemaware_Era.php

Some guy named Lars Fuhrken-Batista bought the name and ip and had a six year run with it from 2000-2005.  

He sold it to egames.

yeah they even did a ps2 version of 'defender of the crown' back then...

link:
http://www.listal.com/game/robin-hood-defender-crown-playstation-2-27214

Offline Sandman

• Show only replies by Sandman
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2012, 11:04:36 PM »
Quote from: recedent;703024
If that's the case then what the heck they're doing posting on Amiga.org forum? Their message is like: "Hey, we are Cinemaware, and our company used to make games for Amiga. You know what? We need your money so that we could do a fantastic remake for iOS/PC/Whatever-not-Amiga, so come on and pledge". Maybe in a week or two we'll get a news item by Microsoft CEO: "Hi, our company made a stunning version of Amiga BASIC once, so go now and buy Windows 8/9/X/whatever"?

They posted on Amiga.org probably because the OLD Cinemaware made a game called "Wings" for the Amiga eon's ago. Now it appears they are attempting to do something new with it on another platform(s) and posted here for some of us nostalgic types familiar with the Amiga to possibly take an interest.  

Is that really so hard to figure out?

I know, let's attack them for it..... sheesh.

As far as plugging this back in to the Old (or for that matter NEW) Amiga hardware, get real.
Maybe I should dig my old typewriter out and then get ticked at the local tech store that they don't support it anymore and don't have any parts.  Heck, there are probably 20 typewriter users in my metropolitan area!  The nerve of those people not to support us!

Boo-hoo, Amiga is dead, enjoy it for the nostalgia ride that it is and tinker with new add-on's, etc. but dont' get too delusional people.  The ship has sailed.

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2012, 11:26:41 PM »
I do not attack them for their business decision and wish them good luck collecting the money. But I personal do not donate for projects that are not directly connected to amiga. Nostalgia or old brand names are not enough for me. But everybody can decide for himself/herself...

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2012, 11:31:57 PM »
And regarding Ship is sailed, all is lost...

I think it is interesting what we can realize and where we will be in future (I write this from my view as a Aros-supporter) and I am looking forward to be a part of it. If it will become mainstream again is of course another question but you must try to get to the stars to reach them :-)

Offline kickstart

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2012, 12:25:15 AM »
Quote from: Digiman;702975
Oh please, Amiga is DEAD, OS4 has NOTHING to do with the machines Commodore designed, it is just a minority OS produced by some tiny company that is an evolution of the PPC kludge to run the... blah blah blah blah

Congratulations amiga is dead you are a genius, all people know it but the "problem" is all that companies from the "past" wanting to ge tmore money from the amiga "cadaver" using the "latest machines for playing" tablets and phones.
a1200 060

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2012, 02:54:01 PM »
What's interesting is that eGames.com and Cinemaware.com are using different services to hide their identity.  But can you have a "director's cut" if the "directors" (Bob and Phyllis Jacobs) are not involved?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline cinemawareTopic starter

• Show only replies by cinemaware
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2012, 07:57:44 PM »
Okay, we take a first step. We just announced also the Linux and Mac OS Version. Yes, and we can call it "Director's Cut" as Ken Melville, the writer and composer of Wings, is on Board. Okay, it is a writer's cut then, but serious?

Offline foleyjo

• Show only replies by foleyjo
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2012, 09:48:37 PM »
If it's like the GBA remake it won't be all that good.

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2012, 09:51:05 PM »
I wish them the best... Hey at least they didn't ask for free os4 hardware to make an os4 version....

I do wonder a bit about their kickstarter goal.  That seems like alot of coin to port to pc, linux and osx and add some bits to call it a "deluxe" version, but I don't know what the developer time would be. I do know that once you have any of those 3 versions ported (say port to windows first) Its relatively easy to port to the other two after that.

A few months of a full time developer goes for that high? I gotta start writing software again. Add to that they will sell the new version by instant download or apps stores I suppose.

:razz:

But hey, they made GREAT games back in the day and they deserve to make every penny they can, I wish them the best!

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2012, 09:55:12 PM »
Oh I didn't realize they were redoing all the original graphics in hd... That would be quite expensive.

Will you also be redoing the music/sound fx in higher quality?

Offline cinemawareTopic starter

• Show only replies by cinemaware
« Reply #44 from previous page: August 12, 2012, 10:22:55 PM »
On the Kickstarter-Page you can listen to a Clip from the new soundtrack. we are also adding new levels and story elements. So it isnt just a "redo"