Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga.com Store Question  (Read 4596 times)

Description:

Offline mistermskTopic starter

• Show only replies by mistermsk
Amiga.com Store Question
« on: August 22, 2011, 07:31:04 PM »
Quick Question. I saw a tablet I was thinking about getting off the amiga.com store. When I cruse this store awhile ago it looks like it had the same stuff. Has anyone bought from there recently and does anyone know the turn around time?

Another reason I ask is because I see that Amiga Xpedio 10 MT and the Amiga Xpedio 10 MTL are up-gradable to Honeycomb 3.0. However, Honeycomb has been out for a while and is at level 3.2 (at least when I saw the Zoom). Would be nice if it came with 3.1 or 3.2.

Offline SamuraiCrow

• Show only replies by SamuraiCrow
Re: Amiga.com Store Question
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 07:34:47 PM »
Amiga.com is a crock.  It has nothing to do with actual Amiga stuff, they just own the name.

Offline ferrellsl

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 08:20:29 PM »
The lack of logic by people on this board really amazes me.  How does owning the old Amiga trademark name make them a crock or somehow evil and untrustworthy?  With logic like that, you must think the person who owns the amiga.org domain is shady too, but you're happy enough to use their web site.  It's no wonder that the spirit of Amiga is dying off and no one wants to participate here anymore.  All the incessant trolling by the copyright and trademark clowns is disgusting.    This entire site has been taken over by arm-chair lawyers who do nothing but rant about the Amiga name or CUSA.  If you don't like their products, don't buy them.  It's that simple.  Please grow up and stop all the trolling, whining and ranting about companies who now, for good or bad, use the old Amiga trademark.  I don't think the adults who still linger here really give a sh@t.

Offline trekiej

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 08:29:13 PM »
You will have to look up the AInc history for you own conclusions.
This site has plenty of history in that respect.
Amiga 2000 Forever :)
Welcome to the Planar System.

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 08:34:49 PM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;655753
The lack of logic by people on this board really amazes me.  How does owning the old Amiga trademark name make them a crock or somehow evil and untrustworthy?  With logic like that, you must think the person who owns the amiga.org domain is shady too, but you're happy enough to use their web site.
These companies are crocks because they're using the "Amiga" name to hawk things that have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do in any way with the Amiga. Amiga.org I'm okay with because it's actually about the Amiga.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 08:51:24 PM »
@ ferrellsl

Anyone who uses the Amiga name to sell crocks full of **** just to try and make a quick buck deserves to be called everything under the sun and strung up by the goolies... ;)

It's quite simple leave the Amiga name & legacy alone and stop using it to sell off the shelf tat at stupid prices that you can pick up in the bargain bin of your nearest pound/ dollar store... ;)

If someone really wants to use a well know name to sell overpriced crap then why do they never use Apple or Microsoft names to do so, these companies deserve all they get for trying to cash in on the Amiga name especially when it has sod all to do with the Amiga... :)

So if that makes you an "Adult" for being too chicken to speak out against things you don't like then toddle of and be a boring "Adult" elsewhere... :)

Offline giZmo350

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 09:20:46 PM »
Ya'll do realize that Uncle Bill STILL owns Amiga Inc., right?
As far as the product goes, Bill is just licensing the name.
Bill has nothing to do with the product otherwise!
Besides, why don't you go get an HP Touchpad for only $100.00!
(if you can fight thru all the unemployed cockroaches into the door!)

Now, back to your regularly scheduled suckfest!  :)

Hey Franko, How's it going Buuuuuuuuuuuddy? :)
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

Offline Zac67

• Show only replies by Zac67
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 09:35:59 PM »
... and all I got was that lousy t-shirt (coupon)...

*SCNR*

Offline ferrellsl

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 12:18:59 AM »
Quote from: Franko;655758
@ ferrellsl

Anyone who uses the Amiga name to sell crocks full of **** just to try and make a quick buck deserves to be called everything under the sun and strung up by the goolies... ;)

It's quite simple leave the Amiga name & legacy alone and stop using it to sell off the shelf tat at stupid prices that you can pick up in the bargain bin of your nearest pound/ dollar store... ;)

If someone really wants to use a well know name to sell overpriced crap then why do they never use Apple or Microsoft names to do so, these companies deserve all they get for trying to cash in on the Amiga name especially when it has sod all to do with the Amiga... :)

So if that makes you an "Adult" for being too chicken to speak out against things you don't like then toddle of and be a boring "Adult" elsewhere... :)

So what else is new?  People have been using trade names in this manner since the dawn of time.  It's the same in the auto industry.  The Jaguar name was bought up by a big US car maker and now they slap that name on their crap cars under the guise of a quality luxury car.  The new Jags are nothing like the old Jags.....sad but true.  But you don't see me constantly whining and trolling about it on automobile forums.  I have a life.  You've probably posted 3000 times about how you hate CUSA and Amiga.com.  We get it.  Please give us all a break and start posting something worthwhile for a change.  We're tired of the same old broken record damn it!  IF you don't like them or their product, don't buy from them.  But please stop making everyone else miserable because you have issues with trademark names.  The man had a question about a product.  He doesn't need clowns like you hijacking the thread and turning it into a rant about the Amiga trademark.  He was asking for help and he gets a troll.  Thanks. Thanks a lot.  Very productive use of time

The Amiga name isn't sacred, so yes, do us a favor and please grow up and act like an adult, even if you're NOT an adult.  If you're looking for sacred names, go find a religion.

Offline spihunter

• Show only replies by spihunter
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 12:21:22 AM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;655780
So what else is new?  People have been using trade names in this manner since the dawn of time.  It's the same in the auto industry.  The Jaguar name was bought up by a big US car maker and now they slap that name on their crap cars under the guise of a quality luxury car.  The new Jags are nothing like the old Jags.....sad but true.  But you don't see me constantly whining and trolling about it on automobile forums.  I have a life.  You've probably posted 3000 times about how you hate CUSA and Amiga.com.  We get it.  Please give us all a break and start posting something worthwhile for a change.  We're tired of the same old broken record damn it!  IF you don't like them or their product, don't buy from them.  But please stop making everyone else miserable because you have issues with trademark names.  The man had a question about a product.  He doesn't need clowns like you hijacking the thread and turning it into a rant about the Amiga trademark.  He was asking for help and he gets a troll.  Thanks. Thanks a lot.  Very productive use of time

The Amiga name isn't sacred, so yes, do us a favor and please grow up and act like an adult, even if you're NOT an adult.  If you're looking for sacred names, go find a religion.

This isn't about the Amiga name. They are just trying to warn this person about dealing with a sketchy company like Amiga Inc. Chill out man!
I wonder if the tablets are even real or if they are a front to make them look active. Maybe someone should send them an email asking about them?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 12:26:43 AM by spihunter »

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 12:28:47 AM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;655780
So what else is new?  People have been using trade names in this manner since the dawn of time.  It's the same in the auto industry.
Doesn't mean we're obligated to like it.
But you don't see me constantly whining and trolling about it on automobile forums.  I have a life.
Not enough of a life to keep you from coming here, reading people bitching about Amiga, Inc., and bitching about people bitching about Amiga, Inc., apparently.
We're tired of the same old broken record damn it!  IF you don't like them or their product, don't buy from them.  But please stop making everyone else miserable because you have issues with trademark names.
Nobody's obligating you to read this, or any of anybody's other posts. The "Ignore" button exists for a reason.
The man had a question about a product.  He doesn't need clowns like you hijacking the thread and turning it into a rant about the Amiga trademark.  He was asking for help and he gets a troll.  Thanks. Thanks a lot.  Very productive use of time
Name issues aside, anybody wanting to know about a company associated with Bill McEwen deserves to be notified of the various **** that has gone down in his little constellation of licensees.
Maybe it's not sacred, but I'd sure like to see it used to refer to things that actually have to do with the Amiga, myself.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline tone007

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 12:34:19 AM »
Quote from: mistermsk;655747
I saw a tablet I was thinking about getting off the amiga.com store.

Better to go on eBay and buy one direct from China, like they did! It'll be cheaper.
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 01:21:50 AM »
@ ferrellsl

Put it this way if I wanted a Jag I'd buy an original and not be conned by someone who bought the name and sells overpriced crap at inflated prices just because they now own the name but as I don't like cars I couldn't care less about Jaguar but I do care about the Amiga and all it's legacy in the world of home computing... ;)

Now if that's what you call that pathetic wee made up internet name "Trolling" then being the "Adult" you claim to be, don't you think it's time you stopped using silly wee made up net geek talk just to try and make you sound "cool"... ;)

3000 times... bollocks... apart from the simple fact your gibbering keech here, I never even mentioned CUSA and haven't done so for a long time so what the frig your rattling your wallies about I have no idea and I don't think you do either... ;)

You were the one who hijacked this thread with your "Adult" chat, moaning about other moaning, so get it right in future before you start "hijacking" threads just moan about things or get an "adult" to type your posts in future and perhaps they make begin to make some sense... :)

PS: The Amiga name may not mean anything to you so why the frig do you read anything about it... weirdo... :)

Now pardon me while I go do some real "adult" stuff like stare at the latest 3D style games and pee my pants with excitement and then place an order for the latest piece of overpriced junk just co it has the name "Amiga" on it somewhere... :)

Offline ferrellsl

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 03:00:42 AM »
Quote from: Franko;655788
@ ferrellsl

Put it this way if I wanted a Jag I'd buy an original and not be conned by someone who bought the name and sells overpriced crap at inflated prices just because they now own the name but as I don't like cars I couldn't care less about Jaguar but I do care about the Amiga and all it's legacy in the world of home computing... ;)

Now if that's what you call that pathetic wee made up internet name "Trolling" then being the "Adult" you claim to be, don't you think it's time you stopped using silly wee made up net geek talk just to try and make you sound "cool"... ;)

3000 times... bollocks... apart from the simple fact your gibbering keech here, I never even mentioned CUSA and haven't done so for a long time so what the frig your rattling your wallies about I have no idea and I don't think you do either... ;)

You were the one who hijacked this thread with your "Adult" chat, moaning about other moaning, so get it right in future before you start "hijacking" threads just moan about things or get an "adult" to type your posts in future and perhaps they make begin to make some sense... :)

PS: The Amiga name may not mean anything to you so why the frig do you read anything about it... weirdo... :)

Now pardon me while I go do some real "adult" stuff like stare at the latest 3D style games and pee my pants with excitement and then place an order for the latest piece of overpriced junk just co it has the name "Amiga" on it somewhere... :)

Weak minded people like you never cease to amaze me.  Whenever you're too weak minded to offer up an argument, you stoop to name calling.  Your trolling and name calling got you banned a while back and I'm hoping they'll ban you again.  You offer nothing but snide comments and you flame whoever disagrees with your overbearing rants.  As I said earlier, if you and your trolling cohorts had actually read the thread-starter's question and wanted to be of assistance, you'd have answered his question.  But you insist on taking over every thread and turning it into an anti-Amiga rant.  I don't give a rat's a@@ who owns the Amiga trademark and obviously neither does the thread-starter nor do most other people who visit here.  So I'll stoop to your level and call you names since that's all you seem to understand.  It's "clowns" like you who've driven most of the reasonable people away from here.

As for your adult status, I'm just one of many who question your maturity level here.  You're only out for your own sake.  I do have another name that I'll use to describe you as well.  You're an "attention whore".  Too bad you have to stink up the web to get what you want.  You've obviously alienated any real people in your life by your antics so now you have to stoop to using the web to get your jollies since no one in their right mind can stand to be around you in person.....sad....really sad....
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 03:36:09 AM by ferrellsl »

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 03:19:17 AM »
If you are willing to buy an inflated priced android tablet with an amiga logo on it, go nuts.

It's commodity $90 hardware (at best).  Nothing custom, and already out of date by a long shot.