Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Replacement Workbench 3.1 Disk Sets www.amigakit.com  (Read 6525 times)

Description:

Offline AAACHIPSET

• Show only replies by AAACHIPSET
Re: New Replacement Workbench 3.1 Disk Sets www.amigakit.com
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2014, 10:00:52 AM »
i got  multiple copies  since i had to pay  someone  20.00  for a pirate copy of 3.1  which  i couldnt  find..needed the install 3.1  disk  to  use my harddrive...these days i use the copy of 3.1 thats on  the 3.5 workbench  cd rom  ..very handy  ..with more datatypes  etc ..thought about putting the cdrom copy  onto floppy dunno if that would  work..
A500 3.1/8meg/2gigscsi ...wants a 040
CD32/SX1/FMV/FLASHDRIVE/  wants sx32pro
A1200  os3.5 030/50/fpu/mmu/2flashdrives/cd/   indivision coming ..............wants a ppc/060  ACCEL :laughing:

Offline Paulie85

• Show only replies by Paulie85
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2014, 12:44:20 PM »
Can you buy the ACA 500 accelerator with 3.1 pre-installed now then?

Offline amigakitTopic starter

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2014, 12:47:49 PM »
Hi Paulie85

You could buy the ACA 500 then add the 4GB CF with Workbench 3.1.  That should do what you need :)
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline curtis

• Show only replies by curtis
    • http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/curtismc
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2014, 09:37:05 PM »
Well, I complained earlier about the cost of shipping from the UK to the USA, but I may have to retract some of that.

My set of disks is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow!  WOW!! Order Tuesday and receive in on Thursday!

Heck, I would've been happy with a week delivery time, but 2 days and across the pond!  

Very good amigakit.  Very good.

M. Curtis McCain
Outside a dog, a book is a man\'s best friend. Inside a dog it\'s too dark to read! Groucho Marx

Curtis McCain

http://pages.suddenlink.net/curtismc/

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2014, 10:02:35 PM »
Kinda cool, but at this day and age, the Gotek drive works as my ever reliable Work Bench recovery method. No floppies that age, no old drives that become defective or experience read errors.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2014, 10:40:54 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;776775
Kinda cool, but at this day and age, the Gotek drive works as my ever reliable Work Bench recovery method. No floppies that age, no old drives that become defective or experience read errors.

Funny that's the exact same reasons why I love the original hardware and especially those very special sounds that bring me right back to a glorious time when computing was magical & yes ...roll the music...fun:)

Amiga 1000 sounds
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline mingle

• Show only replies by mingle
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2014, 12:07:00 AM »
I thought the last few of us remaining amiga users were resourceful enough to use ADFs?

I've 'recreated' my original A1200 WB3.1 disks at least twice in the past 20 years, by whacking ADFs back onto new DD floppies. I even reprinted nice glossy labels to go on the disks...

Mike.

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2014, 12:48:12 AM »
@ mingle

+1 I made a backup with ADF's of mine too but problem I had was I couldn't find new DD disks and ended up using old disks I had lying around and just reformatted them so it's great to have the whole set with nice updates for a reasonable cost on new DD disks
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2014, 01:58:16 AM »
Quote from: mingle;776781
I thought the last few of us remaining amiga users were resourceful enough to use ADFs?

I've 'recreated' my original A1200 WB3.1 disks at least twice in the past 20 years, by whacking ADFs back onto new DD floppies. I even reprinted nice glossy labels to go on the disks...

Mike.

You are right, most of us are resourceful enough to backup and recreate our Workbench Floppy Disks, but many users have neglected to do that, or may have been busy with other things in life and are just now returning to using their Amiga computers only to find that their disks have become corrupt while sitting in a box in the closet or attic.

Also there are a few new users finding out about the Amiga through emulation who then decide to go out and find a Commodore 68k Amiga on the used computer market and might get one without the floppy disks included, or the disks they get are corrupted.  

All I know is that there have been requests for this product from several users, so I am happy that AmigaKit asked Colanto to produce these disks.

Now I just hope that someone will step forward and give us an updated version of AmigaOS3.9 with all of the 4 Boing Bags already included, plus any other system files, tools and utilities which have been improved or added since the completion of Boing Bag 4 was done a while ago.  :)

I think that a version equal to AmigaOS3.10 would make lots of users happy.  The experienced users know how to make their own custom Kickstart ROMs and choose all the right components to make the best AmigaOS3.x experience, but some users (like me) would gladly pay for all of that work to be done by the experts and just pop a new CD into my fast Amiga models and double click on an install icon for AmigaOS3.10 (A4000 w/80MHz 68060 & A1200 w/50MHz 68060, plus hopefully someday a 68060 powered Daughter board for my FPGA Arcade Replay board).  As I wrote already earlier in this thread, I think that many buyers of the proposed Apollo FPGA accelerators or stand alone systems will want AmigaOS3.9, or an enhanced version equal to AmigaOS3.10, instead of AmigaOS3.1.  Since these new accelerators are supposed to have built-in USB hardware on them, perhaps the Poseidon USB stack could also be included in AmigaOS3.10.  I would really like to see this project happen and would gladly pay $40 to $50 for a new AmigaOS3.10 CD.  Maybe I am the only one thinking that way and everyone else would rather do it themselves?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 02:12:00 AM by amigadave »
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline tonyvdb

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2014, 02:41:14 AM »
So, would it be better off to use this updated version of OS 3.1 or to get 3.9? I have the 3.5 CD but is 3.1 a better option if Im still planning to run the video toaster flyer software (yes I know its outdated now that HD is out) I still like to play with it as well as Lightwave.
Amiga 2000HD Indivision ECS
Amiga 4000D towerised OS 3.1 and 3.9 on CF cards
Indivision AGA, Mediator 4000
Video Toaster 4000 Flyer v4.3 Millenium.
202gig of video drive space & 5gig audio.

Offline QuikSanz

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2014, 07:07:32 PM »
Quote from: AAACHIPSET;776664
wish there was a store in australia

I can never get them at the USA phone number. I wish AmigaKit would put a man and some small stock at the San Francisco mailing address. That would make it easy to get a hold of them in the western US and Australia time zones.

Chris

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2014, 02:29:48 PM »
Quote from: QuikSanz;776804
I can never get them at the USA phone number. I wish AmigaKit would put a man and some small stock at the San Francisco mailing address. That would make it easy to get a hold of them in the western US and Australia time zones.

Chris

Our phone server is down at the moment.
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2014, 06:45:36 PM »
Quote from: tonyvdb;776787
So, would it be better off to use this updated version of OS 3.1 or to get 3.9? I have the 3.5 CD but is 3.1 a better option if Im still planning to run the video toaster flyer software (yes I know its outdated now that HD is out) I still like to play with it as well as Lightwave.

I'm hoping someone will come along and give you more knowledgeable response to this, but wasn't there some compatibility issues between the Toaster software and 3.9?  If not, and your system is beefy enough to support it, I'd see no reason not to run 3.9 (unless you want that nostalgia factor).  ;)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline tonyvdb

« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2014, 07:02:56 PM »
I was able to get it to work with 3.5 but it took some rearranging how the files were placed in folders. It was a pain but it worked.
Amiga 2000HD Indivision ECS
Amiga 4000D towerised OS 3.1 and 3.9 on CF cards
Indivision AGA, Mediator 4000
Video Toaster 4000 Flyer v4.3 Millenium.
202gig of video drive space & 5gig audio.

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2014, 07:25:05 PM »
Quote from: F0LLETT;776850
Our phone server is down at the moment.

;)

Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #59 from previous page: November 08, 2014, 12:26:41 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;776872
;)

Of course, I knew Id forgotten something, ;).
Need to find some time to fix it.

Tis true though for alot of todays tech. Remember going out to loads of service calls, just to turn customers TV's off and on again.
SONY's were the worst, had to leave them off for 20 mins as the caps held their charge that long.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 12:29:35 PM by F0LLETT »
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.