Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Site Suggestion  (Read 1448 times)

Description:

Offline nbarnesTopic starter

• Show only replies by nbarnes
Site Suggestion
« on: April 11, 2007, 11:31:01 AM »
I think that the site should be organized in 3 major sections which are then subdivided into hardware/software/programming etc)

1. PRESERVATION - Matters related to keeping the original hardware/software working. I think this is a totally seperate issue and can be likened to people who preserve steam trains / old cars / Spitfires etc.

2. EMULATION - How to get software old and new working on your PC/MAC etc.

3. DEVELOPMENTS. Issues relating to current/future developments/upgrades etc. Where Amiga is NOW.

Currently, I'm a bit confused as to where to look for stuff (and even what some of the stuff actually is - I'm playing "catch up" after not even seeing an Amiga for over 15 years!)

I'm 42 and I still have all my teeth. Woo.
Are we there yet?

Offline Kathyone

• Show only replies by Kathyone
Re: Site Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 09:04:00 AM »
Some good ideas there.  I also thing we need to get Amiga inc. to commit to a continuous forum area where they give proof that there efforts are not just to continue as before and give regular progress updates about hardware and software.  I would like to be a beta tester for OS 5.  I would like to see if it is real however.  I like OS4.  They need to treat Hyperion better or they will not get new devs.   They needed to make a fair offer for the software and I bet they might have been heard.