Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Personal Finance Manager  (Read 1210 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaBrunoTopic starter

• Show only replies by AmigaBruno
Personal Finance Manager
« on: June 11, 2019, 12:28:41 AM »
I used to work miracles with my finances years ago with Personal Finance Manager. Now I need to work some miracles with my finances again. I feel that only the software Personal Finance Manager can enable me to do this, but I've lost my copy. I think I had a copy I transferred from floppy disk onto a CF card, but the CF card has become corrupt or at least unbootable. I can't find a copy of this software no matter where I search, apart from the demo version. Can anyone tell me how or where I can get a copy?

I recently used Homebank under Linux OS to try and keep track of my spending and make a budget for the near future, but then I found that there was no save or save as option, so I didn't understand how to save my data as a file. I inputted about 36 expenses over a period of about 5 days, but later found that only the first 7 expense items, all for the first day could be reloaded. I exported the full list of expenses as a QIF and a CSV file before this happened, but these files can't be loaded into Home Bank. What I really need is the good old Personal Finance Manager!

Offline paul1981

Re: Personal Finance Manager
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 12:22:16 PM »
There's three for sale on UK ebay. One is an Amiga Computing coverdisk which it states 'worth £40' so I presume it'll be a functional version. The other two are proper boxed versions.

Offline TribbleSmasher

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 05:57:54 PM »
I was always believing, once a programm was on a magazine's cover disk, it became practically freeware, at least in this version. So one could simply upload an ADF for anyone to use. ???

Offline rxxic

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 09:04:51 AM »
Pm sent

Offline AmigaBrunoTopic starter

• Show only replies by AmigaBruno
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 03:19:17 PM »
Thanks everyone!

I hadn't even bothered to look on eBay for it recently. As it was on an Amiga Computing Coverdisk in a full version, I had a look round to find out which issue it came with. I found out it was Issue 59, or at least that was ONE of their coverdisks which it was included on. It was called Coverdisk No. 42 though, so I suppose that means early issues of Amiga Computing came without coverdisks at all, but I can't take the time to look ithat up now.

I managed to downlioad an ADF of Amiga Computing Issue 59 Coverdisk as an ADF file from www.archive.org and I've already got it up and running! It accepts 19 as the current year as well. I think this software is fantastic and particularly suitable for individuals, instead of for companies. Now to work some more miracles with my finances!   

One problem may be that I've recently been away to Germany and the Netherlands where all my spending was in Euros, although during this time some charges or penalties for using Euros were made by my bank in Pounds for using Euros and I had some regular charges for subscriptions made in Pounds by my ISP and by Spotify, as well as in Euros by two online German TV streaming services. Should I do a seperate file for any periods of time when I was in the Eurozone, or what does anyone suggest? A similar situation could have occurred in 1993 when this Coverdisk came out, only then there would have been 3 currencies, £, fl (Dutch Guilders), and DM.