Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Are microsoft poised to release an ipad type device  (Read 2580 times)

Description:

Offline jjTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline gdanko

• Show only replies by gdanko
Re: Are microsoft poised to release an ipad type device
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 02:37:31 PM »
Sure they are. They are the kings of "me, too" and trying to one up.

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 03:28:52 PM »
Even if they do release one no one cares and it will tank like the Kin.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/22/kin-listed-as-at-least-240-million-writeoff-in-microsoft-earnin/

Word on the street is they only sold 503 Kin phones, very very poor sales.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 12:38:30 AM by Pyromania »

Offline jjTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 03:51:57 PM »
It might do, might not.  Will prob be likely to tank not due to how good it is but because of Microsoft haters , and blind apple fanboism.

Its as bad as the MorphOS haters and the blind Amiga zealots.
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 03:56:02 PM »
What I'm guessing is something with Xbox, maybe a full blown replacement of the Cell and or portable XBox.
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 04:48:58 PM »
Mainly an interest in MS's eyes for XBox advancement, but no doubt them getting in deeper with ARM has something to do with W7 Phone and all the hub bub about tablets.  MS has tried for years to crack the tablet/pad market, but always failed cause they never had intuitive tablets, they always seemed to cling to stylus tech.

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 05:39:44 PM »
Quote from: JJ;572165
It might do, might not.  Will prob be likely to tank not due to how good it is but because of Microsoft haters , and blind apple fanboism.

Its as bad as the MorphOS haters and the blind Amiga zealots.

I thought microsoft products tanked because they sucked and they have no clue how to market anything other than their desktop OS.

Seriously, spend half an hour with windows mobile, then go use pretty much any android phone. Welcome to 2010. Hope you enjoyed your stay in 2000.

Offline jjTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 05:56:23 PM »
Yet the Zune HD is a pretty good media device, not sold that well.

Xbox 360, for what people like about it, the best modern console

etc etc

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 06:04:18 PM »
Quote from: JJ;572181
Yet the Zune HD is a pretty good media device, not sold that well.

Xbox 360, for what people like about it, the best modern console

etc etc

The 360 sells better than the PS3 last I checked. Can't match the wii but I doubt anyone seriously thought they'd fight Nintendo for the console market.

How would apple fans (who have something like 5% market share at best) affect Microsoft's console sales ? Did they put out the Igamebox when I wasn't looking ?

As far as the zune, Im not terribly familiar with the device, other than it seems to be as expensive as the ipod stuff. My phone serves plenty fine as an MP3 player for the time being.

Offline scuzzb494

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 11:11:40 PM »
I always have to say to this.. I care little. The reason is that to get anything MS online you have to subscribe to their LIVE service. Have you ever tried to unsubscribe to their crappy LIVE service. The link in the email simply takes you to a web page where you can, if you work the site out untick the ' send me crap ' button. Does that work. Does that... ****. And then you get angry. The last time this happened I had to ring Microsoft and tell them to stop sending me their crap. I don`t want to know how utterly pathetic Messenger is... I don`t use it. This time when I got the Elite I created a special email address which when I started to get the crap I just deleted. Sorry but MS isnt the joy it is.

And to Apple. Yes CRAPPY APPLE. I had need to buy Quicktime which is part of their crappy iTunes rubbish which with Bonjour downloads their pointless junk onto my machine interupting other processes before I say GO AWAY. Apple are worse than Microsoft so where does that leave me... Between the devil and the devil or a rock and a rock.

So if MS do bring out a new dollop of dog doo then like the iPoo I will use neither. And god forbid I am ever forced to use Windows7 or Vista. Like walking into the Valley of Death with only FaceBok Twottering at you.

Seriously give me strength. In a week we should be reflecting on the last great computer ever made we face yet more mindless junk to feed the download junkies that sometimes call themselves ' computer users '. They seriously degrade the very essence of this once noble art.

Drops pebble into water. Expects no ripple. The pool is dry. Has been for years.

Back to retro.

Offline Tajmaster

• Show only replies by Tajmaster
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 12:05:45 AM »
Quote from: scuzzb494;572210
I always have to say to this.. I care little. The reason is that to get anything MS online you have to subscribe to their LIVE service. Have you ever tried to unsubscribe to their crappy LIVE service. The link in the email simply takes you to a web page where you can, if you work the site out untick the ' send me crap ' button. Does that work. Does that... ****. And then you get angry. The last time this happened I had to ring Microsoft and tell them to stop sending me their crap. I don`t want to know how utterly pathetic Messenger is... I don`t use it. This time when I got the Elite I created a special email address which when I started to get the crap I just deleted. Sorry but MS isnt the joy it is.

And to Apple. Yes CRAPPY APPLE. I had need to buy Quicktime which is part of their crappy iTunes rubbish which with Bonjour downloads their pointless junk onto my machine interupting other processes before I say GO AWAY. Apple are worse than Microsoft so where does that leave me... Between the devil and the devil or a rock and a rock.

So if MS do bring out a new dollop of dog doo then like the iPoo I will use neither. And god forbid I am ever forced to use Windows7 or Vista. Like walking into the Valley of Death with only FaceBok Twottering at you.

Seriously give me strength. In a week we should be reflecting on the last great computer ever made we face yet more mindless junk to feed the download junkies that sometimes call themselves ' computer users '. They seriously degrade the very essence of this once noble art.

Drops pebble into water. Expects no ripple. The pool is dry. Has been for years.

Back to retro.

I never had an issue with them sending me emails. I selected the option not to recieve marketing emails and never have. As for unsubscribing, ive never needed to do that myself but neither have I heard issues about it either.
==================
Amiga 4000/040 25Mhz - 18MB Ram-HDD-CDRW- Picasso 2 2MB GFX OS3.9
Amiga 2000/030 25Mhz - 10MB Ram - GVP HC+8 with HDD and CDROM OS3.1 and a DKB MEGAChip
Amiga 1200/030 50Mhz - 18MB Ram - CF>IDE OS3.1 Squirrel SCSI
A500+ 000/7Mhz - 4MB Ram GVP HD+ SCSI w/40MB HDD (WOW!!)
Plus a "few" more ;) hehe
==================

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 12:45:17 AM »
Lots of Xbox 360's sold in the past because so many of them RRoDed and people bought a 2nd or 3rd system for backup. Take that out of the equation and Xbox 360 sells dead last in this generation console war.

Xbox 360 = 2005 tech rushed to market without proper QA.

Offline the_leander

• Show only replies by the_leander
    • http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 12:53:23 AM »
Quote from: Pyromania;572217
Lots of Xbox 360's sold in the past because so many of them RRoDed and people bought a 2nd or 3rd system for backup. Take that out of the equation and Xbox 360 sells dead last in this generation console war.

I'm sorry, but care to provide citation for this?

Quote from: Pyromania;572217

Xbox 360 = 2005 tech rushed to market without proper QA.

The last few revisions of the 360 seem to have ironed out the issues.
Blessed Be,
Alan Fisher - the_leander

[SIGPIC]http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/[/SIGPIC]

Offline amigakid

• Show only replies by amigakid
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 04:21:06 AM »
Wow people still bashing MS.  Ok straight forward yes Vista was junk, but Windows 7 is Rock solid and a great OS.  Sure it still has a few flaws, but overall it is a pretty nice OS.  Apple..well lets see they had good products, but now they have a huge head and feel that they do nothing wrong, look at the mess with Iphone 4.  Pointing fingers at all cell phone makers instead of just saying, yeah we had an engineering flaw and are working to correct it.  Far as innovation, well if you consider using the same design for the Iphone, Ipad and Ipod innovative then huh sure.  Ipad uses another scalled down OSX version and of course Apple and thier control freak Steve keeping the system all enclosed.  So when the time for the Ipad HDD to fail and needs a reload or something how is that done????? Pay apple of course.  Come on lets get off the MS bashing, Apple bashing and such and concentrate on things like oh ..hmmnnnn... Amiga :).  Besides who's up for a good game of Defender of the Crown?????

Offline stefcep2

• Show only replies by stefcep2
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 04:22:32 AM »
Quote from: JJ;572165

No it will tank because it will be shit.