Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Display options for live Amiga use?  (Read 343 times)

Description:

Offline RedWarriorTopic starter

• Show only replies by RedWarrior
Display options for live Amiga use?
« on: June 08, 2016, 06:19:32 AM »
Hey guys- I'm considering my options for reviving some Amiga hardware for on-stage use. One of the main concerns is the need for a small but reliable display that would either connect to the RGB port, or just the composite port (if it's the cheaper option)... I saw this very cheap display for the Raspberry Pi: http://www.banggood.com/3_5-Inch-320-X-480-TFT-LCD-Display-Touch-Board-For-Raspberry-Pi-2-Model-B-RPI-B-p-1023432.html

Is there something in a similar price range that would connect to an Amiga 500/600/1200?

Thanks for any useful input! =)

Offline boatofcar

• Show only replies by boatofcar
Re: Display options for live Amiga use?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 05:25:19 PM »
Quote from: RedWarrior;809646
Hey guys- I'm considering my options for reviving some Amiga hardware for on-stage use. One of the main concerns is the need for a small but reliable display that would either connect to the RGB port, or just the composite port (if it's the cheaper option)... I saw this very cheap display for the Raspberry Pi: http://www.banggood.com/3_5-Inch-320-X-480-TFT-LCD-Display-Touch-Board-For-Raspberry-Pi-2-Model-B-RPI-B-p-1023432.html

Is there something in a similar price range that would connect to an Amiga 500/600/1200?

Thanks for any useful input! =)

I don't think that display will downscale to 15k on its own. You'd need a go-between like a GBS 8200 board to sync it correctly. Here's a video we made of the process.

Offline Rob

Re: Display options for live Amiga use?
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 06:10:13 PM »
Try looking at the in-car market.  Most of those screens have composite inputs.