Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: apple great desing  (Read 10486 times)

Description:

Offline hbarcellos

• Show only replies by hbarcellos
Re: apple great desing
« Reply #119 from previous page: September 27, 2012, 07:53:23 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;709514
Four P's? What's that? Is it the 7 P's for the marketing mix? :confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Ps   ????

That's pure BS to sell more books. 4 P's are more than enough, and, IMHO, some p's are more important than other P's.

'Physical evidence' refers to elements within the store -- the store front, the uniforms employees wear, signboards, etc. 'People' refers to the employees of the organisation with whom customers come into contact with. 'Process' refers to the processes and systems within the organisation that affects its marketing process

Really?
}~ A1200 - Apollo 68040 - HOTLY running OS 3.1
}~ Powerbook G4 1.67 running MorphOS 3.2 without Wifi.
}~ Powermac Quicksilver 933 with Radeon 9600 XT (r300) LOUDLY running MorphOS 3.2
}~ [MY iOS GAME]: http://goo.gl/S9nWB (Amiga users can get it FREE[/color], just ask me)

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2012, 08:23:14 PM »
Quote from: hbarcellos;709566
Me?? Have you took the time to look my previous replies on this topic or you're just randomly replying? What's next? Quote and describe the BETAMAX vs VHS case?

Every time a big company like Apple releases something, this or that tech site will line up to say why it's ****, and all the angry nerds will march in line. They're probably right too.

Meanwhile, Apple laughs all the way to the bank, because this or that theoretical short coming makes no difference whatsoever to whether people buy their newest gadget.

Offline zylesea

• Show only replies by zylesea
    • http://www.via-altera.de
« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2012, 10:41:41 PM »
Quote from: persia;709538

I hope that doesn't happen, but for the first time in years I can't say with any certainty what brand my next phone will be....

I tell you - Nokia. ;-)

Honestly: it's really not sure Nokia will make a comeback, but I guess chances are not too bad they may become the winning third.

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2012, 02:39:32 AM »
The current trend of Apple shipping hideously under developed product is hard to ignore.

Siri came on the 4S in beta form.  It still stinks now.  That being said, Samsung's S Voice Siri knockoff sucks even worse.  Siri is usable, I find S Voice so useless I actually resent having it on my S3 and it annoys me that it kicks in when I double tap the home button.

Their switch to their own maps is another major blunder, and I cannot help but think Jobs is rolling in his grave a bit.  A lot of bad things can be said about Jobs, but one thing he was, he was absolutely pedantic about the finer details.  He saw how screwed up things got when they rushed features and tried to avoid that in the future, like the MobileMe debacle.

Apple for the most part used to ship a fairly solid product that worked out of the box without too many gripes, and it worries me that this rush to get features in is becoming a constant trend with them.

Offline hbarcellos

• Show only replies by hbarcellos
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2012, 01:42:22 PM »
Quote from: runequester;709571
Every time a big company like Apple releases something, this or that tech site will line up to say why it's ****, and all the angry nerds will march in line. They're probably right too.

Meanwhile, Apple laughs all the way to the bank, because this or that theoretical short coming makes no difference whatsoever to whether people buy their newest gadget.

Rune, sorry for the angry reply yesterday. I was a little upset with my 9to7 responsibilities....

Today I also think those angry nerds sleeping in the front of Apple stores are just ridiculous, but it's tough to judge those teenagers/young nerds. We would probably do the same back on the gold Amiga age. The difference is that Commodore was just not competent enough in marketing (the 4 or 7 P's).
BTW, I strongly think that the BEST marketing mix always wins (period).
So, you're right, not always the better product wins....
}~ A1200 - Apollo 68040 - HOTLY running OS 3.1
}~ Powerbook G4 1.67 running MorphOS 3.2 without Wifi.
}~ Powermac Quicksilver 933 with Radeon 9600 XT (r300) LOUDLY running MorphOS 3.2
}~ [MY iOS GAME]: http://goo.gl/S9nWB (Amiga users can get it FREE[/color], just ask me)

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2012, 11:18:57 PM »
Can you be any more greedy? Why pay 30 pounds for a cable when you could get the same thing thing for 3.5 pounds?

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/09/21/authentication_chips_discovered_in_teardown_of_apples_new_lightning_connector
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2012, 11:33:11 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;709812
Can you be any more greedy? Why pay 30 pounds for a cable when you could get the same thing thing for 3.5 pounds?

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/09/21/authentication_chips_discovered_in_teardown_of_apples_new_lightning_connector

Thank you Kesa, for reminding me why I hate this company.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2012, 11:38:10 PM »
Quote from: hbarcellos;709669
Rune, sorry for the angry reply yesterday. I was a little upset with my 9to7 responsibilities....

No worries at all comrade.

Offline _ThEcRoW

• Show only replies by _ThEcRoW
« Reply #127 on: September 30, 2012, 01:41:42 AM »
@Iggy

Yeah, Amiga is cheaper...
Amiga 1200 desktop. Apollo 030/50 Mhz 8mb ram + ClassicWB + Wb 3.1
Amiga 500 + ACA500Plus + 16gb CF | ECS Power!!!
C64 DTV + Keyboard mod. Waiting for a 1541 disk ve...
Mac Mini G4 1.42Ghz 1gb OSX(tiger)/Morphos 3.7 Registered
C64mini + usb drive with loads of games...

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2012, 02:12:24 AM »
Quote from: _ThEcRoW;709832
@Iggy

Yeah, Amiga is cheaper...

Overall, MorphOS is cheaper (dang, Apple again).
Amiga? Never was cheap, still isn't.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"