Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sonic the hedgehog?  (Read 14442 times)

Description:

Offline carvedeyeTopic starter

• Show only replies by carvedeye
Sonic the hedgehog?
« on: April 24, 2011, 11:18:59 AM »
Hi all I remember a while ago some one did an Amiga port of the game but I can't seem to find it does anyone have a link to it?
A1200T: M1230XA 50Mhz 68030 w/64mb,DVDRom, 80gb hdd, Realtek LAN Card, Mediator LT4 + Radeon 9250 128mb(used for fast ram), Spider USB Card, Voodoo 3 3000 OS 3.9 +bb 1-3

Offline ribdevil1

• Show only replies by ribdevil1
Re: Sonic the hedgehog?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 12:10:24 PM »
Hi, yes, there's a sonic port for OS4, Open Sonic, you can find it in OS4depot.

There's a 3D port called SonicRB2, in OS4depot too.

Enjoy it.
Viva AMIGA:roflmao:
Amiga 1200 -Blizzapd PPC + BVision + Mediator OS 3.9 + OS 4.0 Classic
SAM 440 Flex 800Mhz + 1Gb + Ati 9250 OS4.1u2
AmigaOne X5000 + 8Gb + Radeon R9 270

It\'s my new CHAMELEON 64 A C64 or an AMIGA ?

Offline Rebel-CD32

• Show only replies by Rebel-CD32
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 05:50:08 PM »
I whipped up a quick concept demo of a Sonic game in Backbone a while ago. The game was actually playable, and using a few tricks I managed to make it seem a little more like Sonic than what Backbone typically allows, but of course it still wasn't anywhere near as good as the real thing. There's more info about it here: http://sonicamiga.blogspot.com/

The links don't work anymore, but if anyone is interested I can re-upload everything, including the compiled 2-level concept demo I put together and the Backbone project files so someone can continue to work on the game themselves if they want.

It runs on most Amigas with a hard drive, but runs better with a faster CPU. For anyone who doesn't know, Backbone is a platform/shooter game making program, available for free on Aminet. With Backbone, anyone can produce a pretty decent quality game without any programming knowledge and it's very easy to use.
Amiga user forever.

Offline Drummerboy

• Show only replies by Drummerboy
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 07:51:39 PM »
Quote from: Rebel-CD32;633389
I whipped up a quick concept demo of a Sonic game in Backbone a while ago. The game was actually playable, and using a few tricks I managed to make it seem a little more like Sonic than what Backbone typically allows, but of course it still wasn't anywhere near as good as the real thing. There's more info about it here: http://sonicamiga.blogspot.com/

The links don't work anymore, but if anyone is interested I can re-upload everything, including the compiled 2-level concept demo I put together and the Backbone project files so someone can continue to work on the game themselves if they want.

It runs on most Amigas with a hard drive, but runs better with a faster CPU. For anyone who doesn't know, Backbone is a platform/shooter game making program, available for free on Aminet. With Backbone, anyone can produce a pretty decent quality game without any programming knowledge and it's very easy to use.

Intersting.. I just saw anytime any very poor Sonic Amiiga version..

Yeah the links are broked, do you have thats Versions? and can you upload to somewhere to download and test?

Regards
Amiga 1000, 500, 600, 2000, 1200, 4000...

C= VIC 20 / 64 /SX64/ 128

Atari 600XL (SIC Cartdridge)
Atari 800XL (SIO2SD unit)

Jay Miner`s Atari 2600 - Wood front -

\\"Amiga, this Computer have a Own Live\\"--\\"Silence When the Drums are Talking\\".... DrummerBoy

Offline carvedeyeTopic starter

• Show only replies by carvedeye
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 08:50:03 PM »
@rebel-cd32

thats the one any chance of you fixing the broken links?
A1200T: M1230XA 50Mhz 68030 w/64mb,DVDRom, 80gb hdd, Realtek LAN Card, Mediator LT4 + Radeon 9250 128mb(used for fast ram), Spider USB Card, Voodoo 3 3000 OS 3.9 +bb 1-3

Offline samo79

• Show only replies by samo79
    • http://www.betatesting.it/backforthefuture/
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 04:59:52 PM »
Yep, links are broken :-(

Offline Rebel-CD32

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 06:39:56 PM »
I have to warn you not to get your hopes up, this game wasn't coded by a programmer, I made it in a game maker with limited capabilities. I did the whole thing over a day or two, so it's not very extensive, just a proof of concept if anything, to see if I could make a similar game to Sonic with Backbone.

Here is a version I compiled for 030s and higher:
http://home.exetel.com.au/~amiga/Sonic030.lha

And here is the full package, so if you install Backbone (from Aminet) you can edit and continue the game yourself:
http://home.exetel.com.au/~amiga/SonicBackbone.lha

And for anyone wishing to do that, here are the links to Backbone (install it first, then install the update and copy over the keyfile):
http://aminet.net/package/dev/misc/Backbone_Full
http://aminet.net/package/dev/misc/Backbone_Upd
http://aminet.net/package/dev/misc/Backbone_Key

Even if you're not interested in Sonic it's still worth trying Backbone if you haven't already, and wish to have a go at making your own games easily with no coding required. You could just as easily make a Turrican, Super Mario Bros or Alien Breed style game with it if you want.
Amiga user forever.

Offline samo79

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 09:01:24 PM »
Many thanks, i'm very curious to try :-)

Maybe you can upload Sonic as well (on Aminet), so it will be "safe" if somethings happen again on your side :-)

Offline samo79

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 09:01:57 PM »
Many thanks, i'm very curious to try :-)

Maybe you can upload Sonic as well (on Aminet), so it will be "safe" if somethings happen again on your side :-)

Offline Khephren

• Show only replies by Khephren
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 11:22:20 AM »
The master system sonics look quite nice, and run fine on a moderately accelerated Amiga.

Offline Cammy

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 06:47:35 PM »
It would be really cool if someone could compose some 3/4 channel Protracker mods in the same style as the Mega Drive Sonic/Sonic 2 music for us to use in our Amiga Sonic fan-game. Many of the correct sound effects are already in the game and apart from a lack of parallax and sloped tiles the graphics look pretty spot-on, the gameplay is surprisingly accurate for a Backbone game, and it would be so easy for us to make this a community project where a few people might contribute their own levels to be included in the full game.
A1200 030@28Mhz/2MB+32MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB/4-Way Clockport Expander/IndivisionAGA/PCMCIA NIC
A1200 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/FPU/RTC/KS3.0/IDE-CF+2GB/S-Video
CD32 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB
A600 030@30Mhz/2MB+64MB/RTC/IDE-CF+4GB/Subway USB/S-Video/PCMCIA NIC/USB Numeric Keypad+Hub+Mouse+Control Pad
A500 000@7Mhz/512kB+512kB/ROM Switcher/KS3.1+1.3/S-Video

Get AmigaOS

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 07:03:08 PM »
Quote from: ribdevil1;633363
Hi, yes, there's a sonic port for OS4, Open Sonic, you can find it in OS4depot.

There's a 3D port called SonicRB2, in OS4depot too.

Enjoy it.

ya that's a really great Sonic port
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline Mrs Beanbag

• Show only replies by Mrs Beanbag
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 11:04:20 PM »
If anyone is still interested in this kind of project, I could lend the Mr Beanbag engine towards it.  In fact if someone could provide me with the graphics and some music mods, I could probably make Mr Beanbag run round a sonic zone in next to no time.  He wouldn't be able to go round loops and stuff unfortunately (that was actually planned for Mr Beanbag in the early stages but I dropped the idea pretty soon as I couldn't think of a neat way to do it.  The Beanbag II engine, if I ever get round to it, will have much better physics which will allow this sort of thing.)
Signature intentionally left blank

Offline Rebel-CD32

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 01:47:39 AM »
I'm very interested in still working on a Sonic clone, and have been hoping for years we could use the Mr. Beanbag engine. Back when I was working on the graphics for my Backbone version I tried to make the graphics conform to what I thought was possible with the OCS Mr. Nutz engine, so the foreground tiles are all in 7 colours, with the main character using sprites to give him more colours. I cheated a bit and used those colours for the enemies too, but if it were using the Mr. Nutz engine they'd have to be BOBs using the foreground playfield colours. I still think it'd be possible to pull off a decent Sonic game on OCS with enough tweaking.

Anyway, sorry about rambling, I'd like to whip up some graphics for a Sonic game using the Mr. Beanbag engine. From playing the game it kind of looks like you're using 32x32 tiles, is that right? Is it a limitation of the engine, or could it be used with 16x16 tiles also? Is there a limit to how many tiles are in each level or map? And the character and enemies, are they all sprites and do they have their own palette or use the same one the tiles use? Once I know what I can work with I can hopefully get something together.

I'd like to offer you any help I can to get Mr. Beanbag finished, polished and presentable too if you'd like. I think it's a great game worthy of a commercial release, and I'm sure we can work out a good digital distribution method for it, even if the game is free with a donation button. A few of us have been working on plans for a new publishing method with a web-based "app store/software centre" which will be free for developers to use rather than charging them to host their software on the site, but if the software is sold then a percentage of each sale can go back to site maintenance. Together with online distribution we'd like to offer optional physical publishing and packaging with active promotion around the web to appeal to collectors.
Amiga user forever.

Offline bbond007

• Show only replies by bbond007
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 04:17:46 AM »
Quote from: Rebel-CD32;633722
And here is the full package, so if you install Backbone (from Aminet) you can edit and continue the game yourself:
http://home.exetel.com.au/~amiga/SonicBackbone.lha

Rebel. That is really cool! I love the Sonic running past the Amiga logo!

If I download the full package do you think I can get it to run on a Minimig 1.1? It has 3.5MB ram and a 68000 at 50MHZ so it runs like a stock A3000 without the 030 instructions.

EDIT:

I downloaded the LHA files to the minimig. Backbone is complaining that it can't find Arexx and it needs that to change some parameters. I know I have a system:Rexxc directory with an "rx" command. What does it think I'm missing?

Thanks!

nate
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 05:13:42 AM by bbond007 »