Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Centsisoft  (Read 3226 times)

Description:

Offline da9000Topic starter

• Show only replies by da9000
Centsisoft
« on: January 14, 2007, 06:21:42 AM »
Any feedback on this guy? I want to buy some A3000 motherboards as mine is dead and I can't test with a working one, but I'm afraid from our last communication that it might be a total waste of time/effort, because he didn't quite answer my questions about the state/quality of the boards and even shipping costs.

eBay page:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcentsisoft

web site (i think this is it, but not loading currently):
http://www.centsible.com/

Here are some other comments about him:
http://eab.abime.net/archive/index.php/t-12277.html

Offline Jeff

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Jeff
Re: Centsisoft
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 06:46:22 AM »
I bought one from them. I wouldn't buy another one. You might get lucky though.  Communication was terrible, not at all helpful, board is complete trash, sorry I bought it.

Good Luck.

Jeff

My recommendation is to hold out until a user here has one, or a reputable seller on ebay comes up with either a board or a complete machine. It will take some time but you will find a nice one. Complete 3000's don't even usually go for more than $200.00 or so.

guest3217

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 05:25:16 PM »
Lots of good stuff on the site...but...it a bit over priced?
Yikes...quite a bit!

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 05:31:18 PM »
Search on 'centsible' in the box top-right, it'll give you a few hits. They seemed to be crap in the past, no idea if that has gotten any better.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 05:53:42 PM »
Buyer beware at the very least...

comp.sys.cbm

Amiga.org

It seems at times things are fine, but when they go bad... They go VERY bad.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 04:09:24 AM »
Thanks for the responses guy! I really appreciate it!

@Jeff:
I agree: when I tried communicating with him, he would dodge questions and be unclear as if on purpose. I decided not to go for them right there. But now that I've almost completely exhausted my abilities to fix my A3000 I've been thinking about it... but like you said: if I'm not lucky, I'll get trash... On the other hand just hold off like you said... but I didn't want to buy a whole A3000 (even though it'd be good for parts), for two reasons: don't want - make that can't - give $150-200 right now and I was hoping to use a duplicate board to fix/revive my dead one.

Can you please describe a little what sorta problems the motherboard had? Did you get 3 or 1? He seems to give'em out 3 at a time nowadays...

@Wizardo:
Yes, it's definitely over-priced!

@odin:
Mixed results :/

@redrumloa:
OUCH! Having to call this guy daily, or file claims is not my idea of fun :( Thanks for the warnings

Offline Jeff

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Jeff
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 04:20:50 AM »
The board is received is a real mess. They sent me (1) not three and all of the memory sockets have been replaced, some of the I/O ports are missing, the buster is a rev 6? and the board is the oldest rev A3000 I have ever seen. I tried to make it boot up and it's toast.

No way I would gamble again with this person.  Your luck might be different however.

Jeff

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 04:23:36 AM »
Wow... Didn't you win 3 boards? Or was he selling only one at a time, in the past?

Thanks Jeff

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 01:25:47 AM »
I have a TESTED AND WORKING (as opposed to TRASHED AND WRECKED) Amiga 3000 MoBo for sale here.

When I power up the board, it detects there is no HD and it asks for a superkickstart disk carrying either KS2 or 1.3.

Asking 125$
=======================================
Edit:
It comes with the daughterboard too.

Offline amiga92570

• Show only replies by amiga92570
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 02:25:32 PM »
I purchased a couple items from centrisoft a while back and never received items. He said he would look into it, I had to finally open dispute with paypal to get a refund. :evil:
Amiga92570
==========================
(1) 4000T/040 (2)3000t CS 060/233ppc Picasso IV video, (2)D-box 1200 blizzard 060/200ppc Mediator fastATA, (1)amiga 1200 Power tower, (1)amiga 1200 EZ tower with mediator,1200/030/50mhz, (3) amiga 500 with CSA Mega Midget Racer and Trump card AT, (2) amiga 600 one with M-tec 030, (3) CD32 one sx32, two sx32-pro, More accessories and parts than I want to admit to

Offline Oli_hd

• Show only replies by Oli_hd
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 02:50:08 PM »
Guys, its $10 for an A3000 motherboard which is sold as is, its obvious its going to be dead, but with a little bit of playing and a little bit of skill you could end up with a nice A3000 board for $10, heck even $50 i a bargain.
Plus at the end of the day you could desolder all the chips, hang the board and call it a piece of art, like I do with the A4000T boards I bought. :)

Ive bought a few things from him in the past and excluding one time when it took a few months but he did keep in contact. (Well, he replied to my e-mails)

The only thing I would say is that he sould put more detailed descriptions of the items on the auction but I dont know, maybe he has a full time job and this is just a little bit of money on the side that he does when he can.

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 12:36:48 AM »
Yes, we shouldn't expect miracles but his descriptions LEAD you to believe that these are decent and possibly running boards, and from all the comments read so far, they're anything but.

Leave alone the fact that his ad SEEMS to suggest 3 motherboards in the auction, but it's only for 1 (look at Jeff's previous comment how he also thought he'd be getting 3, but got only 1). Now to me that says two things: 1) intentional wording to mislead, or 2) brain-dead humanoid who can't use his own native language properly and is not professional enough to have a proper ad. Pick your choice.

Also many of the comments suggest other problems:  he's dodged all my questions when I asked anything about these items, including exact shipping (I gave zip code)!!!! He said something along the lines: "we'll know at the end of the auction". WTF??? WTTTTTTTTFFFFFFF????????????  "You" have the item at hand and "you" don't know the weight and packaging? "You" have sold dozens of these and STILL don't know the weight and packaging costs?

It'd be funny if I went to the gas-station and tried to get gas and it said: pay at the end, and I ask the clerk, well, how much will I pay for 10 liters, and he said: "I dunno, come back after you put it in". Would you accept this? He's just as liable if he's going to play by "ebay rules". Don't forget we all agreed to the eBay terms upon signing up.

Also other people have mentioned multiple times the fact that communication was extremely difficult with him.

To be honest:

I would buy the board(s) from him IF:

he was clear and honest about the terms of the deal and the board condition. How hard would it be when he's selling one at a time every few weeks to take 1-2 snapshots? But I still would, even with accurate word-descriptions, because I agree with Oli_hd: for $10 I don't expect miracles.

BUT there's this thing that certain people believe in: he might not give a damn about my money, and not respect it, but _I DO_. The arguments go like this: "So even if it's 1 cent that I'm paying somebody, you can't tell me not to respect it. In a professional trade in a fair market it is my right, and thus I demand it, to know exactly where my 1 cent goes. Why should I not? Who are you to tell me how much my 1 cent is worth? I worked hard and sweated for it. Just because you might have 100x the amount, doesn't make my 1 cent less valuable."

Now, if I'm told precisely (within in reason) and clearly where my money is going and I decide to buy but then I am unhappy with the product, well then it's my fault, since I knew ahead of time about its condition.

It's a basic principle in professional trading: respect the customer and his money. You do that, and you'll win his trust and loyalty. Don't and you'll lose him (depending how desperate he is, which is what this fool is counting on for sales, because he knows he's got something rare). If he did respect his customers I'm telling you right now: I would pay even $40-50 (as Oli_hd said), for a DAMAGED motherboard, if I knew what I was getting. He'd be making 4x to 5x the amount of money!!!!!!!!!! He really would! But...

unfortunately most businesses and "professionals", don't understand one bit of that (respect of customer and his money), yet because of volume or monopoly (this guy's case) they still make profit.

I hope all these people and companies go extinct.

Sorry for the rant, but it aggravates me when having to deal with morons like these on eBay and in real life. I believe part of the reason is when people are in tight economical positions (broke), or are plain scrouges (cheap), in which case every penny counts. But another part of the reason is that certain people (myself), are more picky and more meticulous, others (Oli_hd?) don't care so much about the little details. We're just different :)  Hopefully we won't die sooner because of stress, but get to live as long as Oli_hd and his bunch :)