Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AF Harddisk Image Problems  (Read 1228 times)

Description:

Offline a3000Topic starter

• Show only replies by a3000
AF Harddisk Image Problems
« on: May 10, 2008, 08:41:00 AM »
Help, I am trying to set up another PC with Amiga Forever. loaded the CD updated the upgrades via the net. I am having problems getting a hard disk image. I can get a Amiga HD loaded as a physical drive, but want a image. I have one installed on my other PC that works well & from memory was simple to create. This time I go to hardrives in the set up, click on add hard drive, look at the drop down menue, see my drive wich I can add or create a disk image.I click create disk image, I;m asked for a name, I call it HDI, away it goes & create it. The question is where is it? The load configuration system can't see it. I can see it via Opus on the amiga side, it has a size of -2.3 gb, it wont copy, move or run. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Hugh

Online Thomas

Re: AF Harddisk Image Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 10:14:50 AM »

Do you really ask where you saved a file ? There is a search function in Windows Explorer. Or you could repeat the procedure and check the file requester to which directory it points by default.

You say, you can see it from the Amiga side. Then you know the path relative to the mount point and can check WinUAE's hdd settings where the mount point is in the Windows file system. Both combined will show you the path to the file.

Perhaps you have saved the file without a name extension. When using "add hardfile", select "all files" instead of *.hdf or something.

With Amiga Forever the file should be in (from memory, so no guarantee) either C:\Program Files\Cloanto\Amiga Forever\Emulation\WinUAE or in C:\Documents & Settings\All Users\Amiga Files.

Bye,
Thomas

Offline a3000Topic starter

• Show only replies by a3000
Re: AF Harddisk Image Problems
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 07:32:08 PM »
Thanks Thomas,
 I can find it as per your suggestions, but we can't get it to work from the disk image. I am sure a disk image has been created, but it does not appear as a device when you run the emulation. You mention hardfiles, do i have to mount/load/point to the disk image via the hard file? Will this then make the device icon?
Thanks.

5.44pm
Hi I have got it sorted. I added it via the hard file.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.