Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Descent Freespace 2 for AmigaOS4.1  (Read 4639 times)

Description:

Offline Crumb

• Show only replies by Crumb
    • http://cuaz.sourceforge.net
Re: Descent Freespace 2 for AmigaOS4.1
« Reply #29 from previous page: June 18, 2010, 12:58:44 AM »
Quote from: DAX;565085
Came from another thread and got a distorted impression due to that, my bad, post edited :)

I think distorted view is permanent in some cases and talking about other threads and "users you know very well" when it's obvious you just now your amigans.net chaps is funny (give me names please)

FYI I betatested final versions of OS4.1 on Peg2, have used OS4.1 on CSPPC (without image composition and VM obviously) and also gave a hand with peg1 bootimages (there was no time to finish it and resources were invested on peg2 version). Just in case you don't have a clue about me (something very likely)
The only spanish amiga news web page/club: Club de Usuarios de Amiga de Zaragoza (CUAZ)

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2010, 03:31:47 AM »
Quote from: som99;565048
So I would like someone to point out something negative about MorphOS

They charge VAT to customers outside the EU. The licensing scheme is not ideal. It is not advanced enough to take over the world.

If it was 2003, I could point out a few other "negatives". So far it seems with MorphOS 2.5, the early shortcomings have been addressed. It looks very polished and just works.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2010, 04:38:12 AM »
@DAX: Oh no offense taken, and I hope you don't take offense to my accusing you of being drunk. I like friendly friction and am a born again smart ass, so you know, it's always funny to me when people make fun of me or point out my errors or ignorance, like wise I like to take fun cracks at people just to see how they respond. You should see us all at work, we are ruthless, then again I think it's just the old folks we take care of that are rubbing off on us. :)

Glad to have you as a new member to these forums.

@Leander: Good news, thankx for the link, the more Star Wars the better, unless it's a George Lucas movie, then count me out! Well except maybe for the classics, but he didn't even direct the best of those, nor did he write any of the books, regardless of the fact that the the books claim he did. Irony. What a hack!!! :)
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline the_leander

• Show only replies by the_leander
    • http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2010, 12:11:13 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;565309

@Leander: Good news, thankx for the link, the more Star Wars the better, unless it's a George Lucas movie, then count me out! Well except maybe for the classics, but he didn't even direct the best of those, nor did he write any of the books, regardless of the fact that the the books claim he did. Irony. What a hack!!! :)

Thinking about it, I feel I should point out that I'm unsure what versions of the FS2 engine were used in the MorphOS and OS4 ports, so the total conversions (I'm thinking of TBP here as it is especially finicky with what it'll run on) may have some issues.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 12:15:57 PM by the_leander »
Blessed Be,
Alan Fisher - the_leander

[SIGPIC]http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/[/SIGPIC]

Offline DAX

• Show only replies by DAX
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2010, 12:22:56 PM »
@XDelusion
No offense taken, glad to be here :)