Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Chicago Creative Extreme Expo  (Read 3178 times)

Description:

Offline SysAdminTopic starter

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
Chicago Creative Extreme Expo
« on: June 15, 2010, 02:35:35 AM »
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

June 14th, 2010

Chicago, Illinois June 14th, 2010 - In order to help expand the use of NewTek products, Amiga OS 4.x, MorphOS, AROS and other creative software DiscreetFX will be hosting the very first Chicago Creative Extreme Expo sometime in February or March of 2011. This will be a weekend show and happen once per year if turn out is successful in 2011 & 2012.

This is still in the very early planning stages but we thought it would be best to let everyone know so they can start making plans to attend now. Amiga.org will have a booth at the show and dealers, developers, usergroups and Amiga portal websites will also be encourage to have a booth. Further information will be released on the DiscreetFX website soon. Come to  the Windy City and have some fun.

Best regards

DiscreetFX Team
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 04:21:12 AM by SysAdmin »
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline ciento

• Show only replies by ciento
Re: Chicago Creative Extreme Expo
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 05:49:48 AM »
It might be good to arrange video presentations, perhaps some even live
broadcasts from the far corners of earth,  so key Amiga developers can show the latest innovations and products. Keeping big-screens full of eyecandy
and sounds helps energize a show, and podcasting worldwide like the
Amiwest event, and relaying podcasts, perhaps with a juicy carrot announcement/unveiling, could help generate broader interest from both devs and users. Pick the most boring, uneventful weekend on the calendar:
(bulls/bears/blackhawks all on the road, no national conventions booked, no killer Batman/Bourne sequelsequelsequel opening at the movies etc :)

rent big flatpanels to host 'virtual booths' for overseas sellers/devs?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 05:51:48 AM by ciento »

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 06:02:57 AM »
NewTek hasn't supported the Amiga since before the turn of the century.  The old Amiga version of Lightwave isn't even recognisable as Lightwave anymore and of course VT(5) isn't an affordable toy like the old VT (which is pretty much useless in 2010) was and is really aimed at a different market.  Tricaster, SpeedEdit and 3D Arsenal never were an Amiga product.  What's the point, beyond nostalgia for a time long past?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 06:20:22 AM »
Quote from: persia;564639
NewTek hasn't supported the Amiga since before the turn of the century.  The old Amiga version of Lightwave isn't even recognisable as Lightwave anymore and of course VT(5) isn't an affordable toy like the old VT (which is pretty much useless in 2010) was and is really aimed at a different market.  Tricaster, SpeedEdit and 3D Arsenal never were an Amiga product.  What's the point, beyond nostalgia for a time long past?

It's not an Amiga or MorphOS only show, it will also have TriCaster's, SpeedEDIT, VT[5] and the latest version of LightWave 3D. Hench it's called Creative Extreme Expo not Amiga Expo.

@ciento

Most of the things you mention are already being planned.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 06:27:27 AM by Pyromania »

Offline RobertB

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by RobertB
    • http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 07:44:32 AM »
Quote from: persia;564639
NewTek hasn't supported the Amiga since before the turn of the century.

NewTek still offers repairs on Video Toaster hardware and still sells the software.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
July 24-25 Commodore Vegas Expo 2010 - http://www.portcommodore.com/commvex

Offline Pyromania

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 08:34:00 AM »
@persia

To call the Amiga Video Toaster 4000 useless shows that you never used one. While the Amiga Video Toaster has been replaced by it's modern descendants ala VT[5] & TriCasters. This Emmy Award winning hardware remains a valued piece of history for Amiga fans. They go for about $60 to $100 on eBay and you would be hard pressed to find a realtime four input video effects switcher anywhere else for that price. Add in the fact that the software is now open source and you get a great card that can be experimented with and used as a realtime effects video input on modern systems.

Offline persia

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 12:36:45 PM »
Why not expand it out, Avid, Final Cut, Premiere are all brilliant programs and get used far more than NewTek products in video production.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Pyromania

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 03:25:23 PM »
Quote from: persia;564672
Why not expand it out, Avid, Final Cut, Premiere are all brilliant programs and get used far more than NewTek products in video production.

I'm not against Apple coming. But since I don't know any higher ups at Apple anymore I think getting them to come to the show it's first year are slim to none. Remember Apple pulled out of NAB a few years back and has not gone since.

Offline Debaser

• Show only replies by Debaser
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 12:22:30 AM »
Transition:

Cool - I will make the trip to check it out. Good luck in getting it set up and planned. A separate Amiga-oid/geek out area would be cool maybe an old vendor-friend could help sponsor a separate room or area. :)

Offline Crom00

• Show only replies by Crom00
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 03:17:12 AM »
I know of at least one NewTek Employee that has a Toaster 4000. Theres a guy in there that has an Amiga shirne they even ave the original Los Gatos Amiga sign. I've seen Video Toaster Flyers in there too.

Take an A3000 or A4000 with a toaster 4000 and a DV firewire to analog bridge connected to a PC laptop running Adobe Flash media encoder 3 and you have yourself an $800-1000 tricaster setup as long as you don't need DDR capability.

Offline persia

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 02:15:57 PM »
Without HD and having analogue to digital residue, and you need A/D converters for all your digital live sources as well....  It's a tricaster in the same way as a Model T is a family car.

Quote from: Crom00;564780
I know of at least one NewTek Employee that has a Toaster 4000. Theres a guy in there that has an Amiga shirne they even ave the original Los Gatos Amiga sign. I've seen Video Toaster Flyers in there too.

Take an A3000 or A4000 with a toaster 4000 and a DV firewire to analog bridge connected to a PC laptop running Adobe Flash media encoder 3 and you have yourself an $800-1000 tricaster setup as long as you don't need DDR capability.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Pyromania

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 12:41:18 AM »
VT[5] & most TriCasters are not HD, in fact you will have to spend $14,000 if you want an HD TriCaster. The Amiga Video Toaster inputs just fine into the VT[5], TriCaster Etc. Even the HD TriCasters will import it since they do SD & HD in the same timeline. The easy interface of an Amiga Video Toaster Flyer makes editing a breeze. If you don't like something about it you have the source code to change it.