Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PCMCIA CARD AND BOOT DISK PROBLEMS- WORKBENCH 3.0  (Read 5833 times)

Description:

Offline scuzzb494

Re: PCMCIA CARD AND BOOT DISK PROBLEMS- WORKBENCH 3.0
« Reply #44 from previous page: January 21, 2021, 04:10:23 AM »
The Amiga has a problem with some cards of 8MB interfering with the PCMCIA slot. So that card you showed is saying that you need to switch to just 4MB so that the PCMCIA works.

Worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1dgVTdMUXM&t=282s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEPkGr3TvCg

PS Just cus you can't see an icon for the drive it doesn't mean its not mounted.  Maybe its not got an icon. Dunno. Using a file manager will show all mounted drives or SysInfo. Not sure about SysInfo and CF cards.

Offline wrath of khanTopic starter

• Show only replies by wrath of khan
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2021, 06:24:10 AM »
Thanks, yes i got it working once i sorted the dos drivers bit. Thanks. Previously i also formatted it to the wrong file format.
So now i have it working but only can access i think 2 or 3 gigs. I will try formatting the card again to restore the 16 gigs.

I have an 020 accelerator incoming and I lucked into an old Crt telly locally. Soon I will have a decent set-up but will buy a vampire a1200 whenever I get notified.

Offline Pat the Cat

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2021, 02:29:37 PM »
Most excellent news. ;D

Do let us know if you get the full 16GB on one partition fired up or not. I for one would love to know for sure.

And which filesystem worked on the PC end? EXFAT? Or FAT32?
"To recurse is human. To iterate, divine."

A1200, Vanilla, Surf Squirrel, SD Card, KS 3.0/3.z, PCMCIA dev
A500, Vanilla, A570, Rev 5, KS 1.2/1.3 Testbench system
Rasp Pi, UAE4ARM, 3D laser scanner, experimental, hoping for AmigaOS4Arm, based on Watterott Fabscan Pi