Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best LCD choices for that proper AMI monitor feel in 2009.  (Read 7091 times)

Description:

Offline Cammy

Re: Best LCD choices for that proper AMI monitor feel in 2009.
« Reply #29 from previous page: October 15, 2009, 02:09:27 AM »
Unfortunately all the information I listed on my YouTube video is all the information that is available with this TV! I have also tried searching for them, but to no avail.

It was purchased about six months ago from Coles or Woolworths (some Australian food supermarket) during some special deal, for $299AU. My friend's mum bought it for her caravan, since it's an all-in-one DVD/TV/Monitor sollution, and it's also 12v compatible for running off a car battery. Since she never goes on holidays though, I asked if I could borrow it just for a few days to test it out, and that was a couple of months ago (ssshhh).

I dread the day I have to give it back, because I haven't found anything as awesome as this screen anywhere since.

It's from China, like nearly everything sold in Australia, so maybe that's where we need to look.
A1200 030@28Mhz/2MB+32MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB/4-Way Clockport Expander/IndivisionAGA/PCMCIA NIC
A1200 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/FPU/RTC/KS3.0/IDE-CF+2GB/S-Video
CD32 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB
A600 030@30Mhz/2MB+64MB/RTC/IDE-CF+4GB/Subway USB/S-Video/PCMCIA NIC/USB Numeric Keypad+Hub+Mouse+Control Pad
A500 000@7Mhz/512kB+512kB/ROM Switcher/KS3.1+1.3/S-Video

Get AmigaOS

Offline McFlyTopic starter

• Show only replies by McFly
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2009, 05:52:10 PM »
Quote from: tone007;525906
I've got one of these: http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=2001FP-R&cpc=SUGG that flicker fixes on composite/s-video.
Better than nothing, but not as good as Indivision/2320.

There is certainly nothing "better then nothing" shabby about your Dell. Still S-IPS (LM201U04) that only requires some help of proper calibration as with most of the Dell monitors. Don’t  loose it with your later wide visitors. That aspect ratio will always be very handy and most useful in many fields of creative work. If you can’t borrow some calibrator from your friends, dedicate a small visit to this site.

Quote from: AmigaPixel;525974
I wasn't very successful in finding more info on the 19" MXT LCD1904HDD either.

Previous (almost) equivalent of Cammie’s model but as CRT is MXT MTV140D

Referent design originates from Philips but found in previous Siemens and other EU names as well. Interesting, Will look into this at later date to obtain more information about MXT name.

Quote from: Cammy;526034
It was purchased about six months ago from Coles or Woolworths (some Australian food supermarket) during some special deal, for $299AU. My friend's mum bought it for her caravan, since it's an all-in-one DVD/TV/Monitor sollution, and it's also 12v compatible for running off a car battery. Since she never goes on holidays though, I asked if I could borrow it just for a few days to test it out, and that was a couple of months ago (ssshhh). I dread the day I have to give it back, because I haven't found anything as awesome as this screen anywhere since.

By now, I think it is safe to say this monitor will not leave your Amiga premises for sure :)

Quote from: Cammy;526034
It's from China, like nearly everything sold in Australia, so maybe that's where we need to look.

Don't be like that Cammy,

From finer side of manufacturing bliss, your land still offers uncompromised results from great pioneers in their own fields :

S&S , F , Dun ,KM just to name a few.

Offline tone007

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2009, 08:36:25 PM »
Quote from: McFly;526088
There is certainly nothing "better then nothing" shabby about your Dell.

Oh, no, the monitor itself is great, I'm a big fan of 4:3 flatscreens, I don't own a single 16:9 that isn't on a laptop.  The "better than nothing" aspect is the flickerfixer for composite/svideo, mostly because those signals aren't nearly as sharp as VGA, but it's nice on my 1200T (which doesn't have an Indivision.)
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever

Offline DyLucke

• Show only replies by DyLucke
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2009, 10:41:23 AM »
My younger brother and a son of one of my friends got into the retro-computers, specially into the Amiga and ST bec we showed these systems to them.

Actually they found them more interesting than PC's, they know they're limited, but you know, they have some essence PC's don't. I've even seen kids playing with C64's bec their fathers have one at home, and they like it. "It's not a PS3, but games are fun" under their own exact words.
The only way for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke.

A1200 Blizzard 060/66 64MB FastRam + 40GB HDD + Subway USB.
A1200 Apollo   040/33 32MB FastRam + 40GB HDD.
CD32!!!!
A500 4MB + 2GB IDE-CF adapter.
Mac Mini G4 1,5ghz  waiting for MorphOS.
C64, C64C, C64G, C128... 1541U-II.
Atari STe... SatanDisk, Atari 130XE... SDNuxx

Offline McFlyTopic starter

• Show only replies by McFly
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2009, 07:23:26 PM »
Quote from: tone007;526104
Oh, no, the monitor itself is great, I'm a big fan of 4:3 flatscreens, I don't own a single 16:9 that isn't on a laptop.  The "better than nothing" aspect is the flickerfixer for composite/svideo, mostly because those signals aren't nearly as sharp as VGA, but it's nice on my 1200T (which doesn't have an Indivision.)

I guess this also depends upon the size of complete available desktop tapestry. Above 20" I tend to be less nitpicking with wide. But still keep in my present PC setup at least one 5:4 candidate :)

« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 07:30:52 PM by McFly »