Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MacUAE won't play sound.  (Read 1340 times)

Description:

MacUAE won't play sound.
« on: December 12, 2002, 11:40:45 AM »
I can't get my MacUAE to play sound.  I'm running version 0.8.6.  What I probably should find out is how good of a port is MacUAE and how well supported is it?  How would you rate the emulation?  I may be banging my head over a poorly implemented feature here...

D

Offline Ayashoka

• Show only replies by Ayashoka
Re: MacUAE won't play sound.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2002, 06:25:20 PM »
It's a more or less broken port...

I don't know your exact problem, but here it goes:

Sound is a bit garbled-always.
If you check at the start-up menu and in the pull down menu there must be some options for sound.
One of the two, i remember that once booted you couldn't access the UAE start-menu.
Which options doesn't matter much.

Emulation overall goes. Off course dependable on your set-up. My G3 350 mhz runs it fine.
Hardisk support is broke, but i managed to get it running somehow, but it's still cranky. Picasso also ran, but overall i'd recommend only to emulate A500 floppy games.
If you get the HD working you can do lots of stuff. I installed OS3.1, Dune, ran Beneath a Steel sky, etc.
It works, but you can't control the partition size.

There's also a option (in some screen where you can get to from the pull-down menu, where you can set CPU emulation speed.
If you set it at -1 it runs at the best possible  real speed. You want turbo run it at 5.

If you're lucky and got OS X you should check out MaxUAE. It's still early(dunno if even continued)
There is even a possibility that MacUAE was abandoned...

Remember to crank up the memory trough the info menu in the Finder.

Hope you got some answers