Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Leading horses to water.. Not as easy as it seems  (Read 2994 times)

Description:

Offline Ilwrath

Re: Leading horses to water.. Not as easy as it seems
« Reply #14 from previous page: June 06, 2009, 08:20:08 PM »
Well, I always do keep Amiga.org in mind for posting news.  But, the fact of it is, I just don't stumble across much Amiga news, anymore.  The few articles I do spot, are usually already posted here by someone.  I think the lack of news updates may be due to the lack of news happening.

Anyhow, the more important thing is the health situation.  I hope all turns out well for you.

Offline Zero

• Show only replies by Zero
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 08:33:15 PM »
Yes, Wayne, I hope everything turns out OK on Monday.
MorphOS G4 Quicksilver MDD

Offline X-ray

• Show only replies by X-ray
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2009, 09:51:57 PM »
Depending what the medical issue is, I might be able to offer some advice. Best of luck regardless.

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 10:31:21 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;509483
I hope the potential isn't realised.
same here

Quote from: Matt_H;509500
Indeed. Sending good karma your way, Wayne.

yup
Quote from: dammy;509506
Ditto!
double ditto

Quote from: Karlos;509512
Hear hear!
where where

Quote from: the_leander;509538
Quoted for MF truth.

I just love multi quotes  :roflmao:
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline WayneTopic starter

• Winning!
    • Show only replies by Wayne
    • http://www.whyzzat.com
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 03:32:26 AM »
Quote from: smerf;509626
Liked your old avatar better, didn't have any of that apple nonsense on there. Times sure have changed Apple insignias on an Amiga site, and not only that an apple insginia being displayed by the Amiga Webmaster himself.
Never made any bones about the fact that real life pulled me towards a different machine for daily/professional use.  

If Amiga Inc (or anyone else for that matter) had pulled their heads out of their asses and "pulled an Apple" when I suggested it (IN 2000! -- which, btw, got me kicked out of the "inner circle" and started my spiral towards the dark side), we'd all be running 2Ghz Amiga OS on commodity hardware.  

Instead, they went with a platform that they KNEW was dead from the beginning because someone told them that they could have OS 4 on PPC completed within a year..  That was early 2000.

Look where we are now...  Hanging out with our classic Amigas watching the company calling themselves "Amiga" half-assedly try to hawk sub-par cellphone games to an audience who all bought iPhones instead.  Note to any AA developers reading this, I mean no slight against you, just the stupidity of AI working themselves into the corner of competing against the universally conquering Mac App Store.

Brilliant.

Please don't respond.  I'm sorry.  I know I'm trolling.  Sorry.  Not trying to stir the pot.  Just have a migraine, and I'm frustrated over what could have been (but is too late now).

It's amazing what comes flooding back when you suddenly realize that the migraine headaches you've been suffering for a while now are, in fact, diabetic sugar imbalances in the blood stream.

For now, the avatar stays as a sign of protest over the stupidity we've experienced..  Namaste

Wayne
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 03:36:36 AM by Wayne »
//* Signature Free *//

Offline K7HTH

• Show only replies by K7HTH
    • http://NewPeopleString.com
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2009, 05:32:11 AM »
Here's to your health, Wayne and to the health of the Amiga community.
Own the Web... Go PeopleString! It\'s Huge!!