Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Amiga Years! From Bedrooms to Billions Film Out Soon  (Read 446 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaNGTopic starter

• Show only replies by AmigaNG
The Amiga Years! From Bedrooms to Billions Film Out Soon
« on: May 13, 2016, 09:40:38 PM »

From Bedrooms to Billions: The Amiga Years! is a feature film documentary that explores the influence of the Commodore Amiga and how it influenced a generation of developers to take video game development, music and publishing to a whole new level which then changed the video game industry forever!

This film, which is the sequel to the acclaimed 'From Bedrooms to Billions' (2014) looks at the creation of the now legendary Commodore Amiga a remarkable and very personal tale told by the surviving team members themselves. The film then goes onto explore how once released in 1985 the Commodore Amiga helped evolve the video games industry as a whole new set of games and experiences were possible thanks to its incredible custom hardware. Many of these styles of games, music and demos as well as development techniques honed during the Amiga era are still present in the video games industry we know today.

Interviews include the creators of Populous, The Secret of Monkey Island, Sensible World of Soccer, Defender of the Crown, Syndicate, Alien Breed, Wings, Shadow of the Beast, Turrican II, The First Samurai, Another World, Flashback and many many others this film will be of great interest to anyone who enjoys either games or the history of the quite remarkable video games industry.

Your purchase will contain 2.5 hours of content made up of the main feature film and special features.

Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3ooSiw83a8
Stream = https://vimeo.com/ondemand/amiga (£10.54)
Out May 19th!

DVD and Blu Ray to follow for kickstarters and on there store.

Glad I back this, still hoping viva amiga makes an apperance some point this year, but looking forward to seeing this!

Offline ronnicholson

• Show only replies by ronnicholson
    • http://www.nicholson.com/rhn/
Re: The Amiga Years! From Bedrooms to Billions Film Out Soon
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 02:38:00 AM »
The complete film, Bedrooms to Billions, the Amiga Years, is out on Vimeo already.  

The film is very entertaining and educational, excellently captures the technological and historical setting leading to the development of the Amiga, and contains interviews with several of the original hardware and software engineers about how it all started.

I am pleased to have been a Kickstarter backer of this film (and appear in it a few times as well).

Offline HaukeVB

• Show only replies by HaukeVB
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 09:26:52 AM »
I love the film...

It is particularly great for explaining my Amiga obsession to younger people :lol:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 09:43:40 AM by HaukeVB »
| A1500, 2630, Merlin, XCalibur, Nexus, Emplant, 2320...

Offline Lord Aga

• Show only replies by Lord Aga
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 09:40:21 AM »
Incoming copyright threats for using the words "Amiga, Years, Bedrooms, Billions and Film".
Also maybe minor lawsuits over usage of words "The, From, to, Out and Soon".
Death by hanging for usage of the exclamation point which someone copyrighted yesterday.
Glory to the loud-mouthed Scotsman !

Offline HaukeVB

• Show only replies by HaukeVB
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 09:42:58 AM »
Quote from: Lord Aga;809280
Incoming copyright threats for using the words "Amiga, Years, Bedrooms, Billions and Film".
Also maybe minor lawsuits over usage of words "The, From, to, Out and Soon".
Death by hanging for usage of the exclamation point which someone copyrighted yesterday.

right... Lord 'AGA'.... you've got mail! :laughing:
| A1500, 2630, Merlin, XCalibur, Nexus, Emplant, 2320...

Offline Lord Aga

• Show only replies by Lord Aga
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 09:49:14 AM »
"Cease and desist, change your nick to Lord Ugha" :D
Glory to the loud-mouthed Scotsman !

Offline boatofcar

• Show only replies by boatofcar
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 11:27:29 PM »
Am I the only one who thought the last half of the film got a little repetitive? I guess I was hoping for more of a video version of the Ars Technica Amiga restrospective, which the first half was, but then the last half degenerated into developers repeating over and over why they liked the Amiga so much.

Offline Kremlar

• Show only replies by Kremlar
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 12:59:18 AM »
Is this only available on Vimeo?  Any other option to purchase/download a video file?