Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: not an amiga issue but hardware question  (Read 2403 times)

Description:

Offline AAACHIPSETTopic starter

• Show only replies by AAACHIPSET
not an amiga issue but hardware question
« on: June 26, 2015, 03:43:16 PM »
i have asked a lot people about a particular problem i have with my lg dvdplayer/vhs recorder ..when i play  a vhs sound starts immediatley ..when i start a dvd sound takes  4 mins  before it starts ..it is plugged into a digital amp with no issues  ...seems to happen more on dvds ive burnt  than on originals  but  does happen on them as well  ...the picture starts  with no sound  then 4 mins  later  the sound  just starts...any ideas??
A500 3.1/8meg/2gigscsi ...wants a 040
CD32/SX1/FMV/FLASHDRIVE/  wants sx32pro
A1200  os3.5 030/50/fpu/mmu/2flashdrives/cd/   indivision coming ..............wants a ppc/060  ACCEL :laughing:

Offline Marcin1982

• Show only replies by Marcin1982
Re: not an amiga issue but hardware question
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 03:56:33 PM »
did you try with coaxial ? which amp do you have ? yamaha ? sony ? denon ? onkyo ?
try  conect dvd with coaxial wire ,  is there dolby digital ? dts ?

Offline mechy

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 06:21:35 PM »
Quote from: AAACHIPSET;791662
i have asked a lot people about a particular problem i have with my lg dvdplayer/vhs recorder ..when i play  a vhs sound starts immediatley ..when i start a dvd sound takes  4 mins  before it starts ..it is plugged into a digital amp with no issues  ...seems to happen more on dvds ive burnt  than on originals  but  does happen on them as well  ...the picture starts  with no sound  then 4 mins  later  the sound  just starts...any ideas??

I would guess a crappy firmware in the particular model, maybe there is a firmware update for it.
second guess would be the way you are making dvd's isn't 100% compatible to the codecs etc the player uses. Maybe you could try a different program. Also some cheap discs can be problematic,you might try a different brand of media. but because the sound issue happens on originals and copies i would think the first guess about the firmware may be right.
search the net with the model number and see if there are any others with the same problem.

Offline AAACHIPSETTopic starter

• Show only replies by AAACHIPSET
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 11:56:41 AM »
i use  freemake  converter  to burn all dvds  from  youtube etc etc ..they play fine on one  dvd/recorder  ..on the computer ..but not on the dvd/vhs  player ..i think its a codec ..just weird how the sound  just starts  after 4 mins...
A500 3.1/8meg/2gigscsi ...wants a 040
CD32/SX1/FMV/FLASHDRIVE/  wants sx32pro
A1200  os3.5 030/50/fpu/mmu/2flashdrives/cd/   indivision coming ..............wants a ppc/060  ACCEL :laughing: