Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Picture of Steve Jobs Today....  (Read 5498 times)

Description:

Offline HammerD

Re: Picture of Steve Jobs Today....
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 06:05:41 AM »
Quote from: gizmo350;656265
http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/26/steve-jobs-apple-photo-resignation-ceo-sick/

I read on a website it was analyzed and it's a fake (i.e. photoshopped).

See here:  http://i.imgur.com/WV5Y0.jpg

His head and shoulders are cut into the rest of the photo.  That photo actually (I believe) is really him, but it was from months ago.  But in this one the body is fake.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 06:10:22 AM by HammerD »
AmigaOS 4.x Beta Tester - Classic Amiga enthusiast - http://www.hd-zone.com is my Amiga Blog, check it out!

Offline DonutKing

• Show only replies by DonutKing
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 10:39:05 AM »
[youtube]LJSFFpDuGZU[/youtube]

Love him or hate him, he's certainly left his mark on the world.

Here's hoping its not a cancer relapse, he had a pretty good prognosis when first diagnosed. It's a terrible thing to happen to anybody.

Offline koaftder

• Show only replies by koaftder
    • http://koft.net
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 11:29:03 AM »
That's what he gets for reversing the scroll direction in Lion.

Offline Yahoo (bot)

• Merely Botish
    • Show only replies by Yahoo (bot)
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 11:52:27 AM »
cruel, but funny.

Offline Framiga

• Show only replies by Framiga
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 12:14:47 PM »
Quote from: koaftder;656302
That's what he gets for reversing the scroll direction in Lion.

you're an idiot, you know?

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 02:36:22 PM »
To be fair I'd rather the top 3 who started M$ got cancer like that. Jobs I couldn't give a crap about either way....he wouldn't care if I got it either.

Why be like that? Well which of those four ever visited Miner's grave or paid their respects? None.

Exactly.

Offline bbond007

• Show only replies by bbond007
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2011, 03:53:15 PM »
Quote from: Digiman;656320
To be fair I'd rather the top 3 who started M$ got cancer like that. Jobs I couldn't give a crap about either way....he wouldn't care if I got it either.

Why be like that? Well which of those four ever visited Miner's grave or paid their respects? None.

Exactly.

There is nothing nice about Steve Jobs and nothing evil about Bill Gates. - Chuck Peddle

Offline Tension

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2011, 04:49:15 PM »

Exactly.

what a cnut you are.

Bill gates cant give his money away quick enough and has done a LOT of good for charities fighting famine and disease around the world.

And you wish he had cancer?

You scumbag.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 04:50:34 PM by Tension »

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show only replies by CritAnime
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2011, 05:09:02 PM »

Exactly.

What kind of sick person are you? That you would wish something like cancer upon other people. I wouldn't wish that even on my worst enemy!

You sick sod!

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2011, 05:16:09 PM »

Exactly.

WTF? Putting aside the completely out-of-order sentiment that you'd rather see anybody get cancer, your justification is that they never paid their respects to Jay Miner?

So, how many times have you done that? If the answer is never, you should probably reflect on that implies.
int p; // A

Offline ptek

• Show only replies by ptek
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2011, 05:25:41 PM »
Quote from: Franko;656276
It's the same way I look at life and basically boils down too, you only get one shot at life and it's very short in terms of time, so live your life doing what you think is right for you and doing what makes you truly happy and not what you think will just please others just to be thought of as a nice guy... ;)

I was going to post the same link for the video as you (got it also on the last utube Subscription Update, Franko :)) I never had a good impression of him but to say the truth I never tried to know about him much, just the usual known stuff about Apple that some of we hate. But I also see a lot of truth about his speech not only regarding to death, more important than the picture being fake or not. Not every person gets the perfect job but one should try to continuously find it and to not accommodate.

Yes, it took a lot of courage and self-confidence of him to speak of dropping from high school and death to the audience :)
Onions have layers ...

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2011, 05:50:37 PM »
Quote from: ptek;656336
I was going to post the same link for the video as you (got it also on the last utube Subscription Update, Franko :)) I never had a good impression of him but to say the truth I never tried to know about him much, just the usual known stuff about Apple that some of we hate. But I also see a lot of truth about his speech not only regarding to death, more important than the picture being fake or not. Not every person gets the perfect job but one should try to continuously find it and to not accommodate.

Yes, it took a lot of courage and self-confidence of him to speak of dropping from high school and death to the audience :)

Like I said, while I don't agree with the way Apple produces and markets their products I do admire and indeed respect anyone who says what they truly think and believe and lives by the very words they say... :)

Too many people go through life saying "wish I had the courage to say that" but it's got nothing to do with courage it's just saying what you truly believe and if someone doesn't like what your saying, then that's their problem... :)

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2011, 09:35:59 PM »
Hi,

Hate to say this but pancreatic cancer is one of the worst, it is known as the silent killer, and is usually to far spread through the pancreas and the body when found, even though I hate everything he made, I wouldn't wish any harm on him, or to die like that

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline minator

• Show only replies by minator
    • http://www.blachford.info
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2011, 10:05:24 PM »
Irrespective of whether the picture is fake I think it's obvious he's not doing well.
Hope he gets better but I get the feeling he might not this time.

As for his work I think it's quite accurate to call him a genius.

The Amiga team built a really ground breaking machine, but that was it.  The original team broke up after that and Commodore never never did anything ground breaking with the machine.

Steve Jobs on the other had was involved with quite a number of these sorts of events.  He had a knack of taking sometimes existing technology and making it easy to use, making it look good and most of all, making it work.

If you think it's all about making products look good then you really don't know what Apple is about.

Jobs was around for all of these, all of which were ground breaking in one way or another:

Apple 1 & 2
Mac
Next
iMac* (original)
iPod
iPhone
iPad

You can argue that many of these technologies existed before but many were non-mainstream or just plain rubbish.  

Next in particular was an amazingly advanced machine - a unix with a good front end and cutting edge hardware - in 1988!  Ever wonder where Commodore got the look of Workbench 2 from?

Offline AndyFC

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 10:15:35 PM »
@ Digiman:

Sounds exactly like the sort of immature tripe I used to hear in the playground 25 years ago at school in Amiga vs Atari vs PC arguments amonst kids who didn't know what the hell they were talking about.

Grow up!

And my uncle died yesterday - of the results of pancreatic cancer. Even if the pictures are fake, they are a pretty accurate representation of what Steve Jobs may look like.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 10:17:42 PM by AndyFC »
A1200 in DIY Tower. 3.2 ROMs (softkicking 3.2.2), OS 3.2.2 with ClassicWB, CF card, CD RW and IDE to SD adapter running off the internal IDE port (using the A4000 4-port IDE adapter from Amigakit), Pistorm 32 lite with Pi4/2GB/Emu68 or Blizzard 1230-IV, with 32MB 60ns RAM and 50MHz 68882 FPU. 3COM PCMCIA Network card running with Miami DX.
MorphOS on PowerMac G5 and ATI 9600 pro

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #29 from previous page: August 27, 2011, 10:46:33 PM »
Quote from: smerf;656366
Hi,

Hate to say this but pancreatic cancer is one of the worst, it is known as the silent killer, and is usually to far spread through the pancreas and the body when found, even though I hate everything he made, I wouldn't wish any harm on him, or to die like that

smerf

Yep it's pretty cruel.

Even my cat doesn\'t like me.