Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I don't know how to use the new amiga.org! :-o  (Read 4990 times)

Description:

Offline Wayne

• Winning!
    • Show only replies by Wayne
    • http://www.whyzzat.com
Re: I don't know how to use the new amiga.org! :-o
« Reply #44 from previous page: August 13, 2009, 07:02:12 PM »
Quote from: Vanilla;519088
Also, what happened to the smileys? All I see is text. :-? Amiga.org still teething?

Another feature that's been explained several times, but obviously since you missed it, it doesn't exist  

:laughing:

Quick Links >> Edit Options >> Miscellaneous Options >> Message Editor Interface

Use the Enhanced Interface (WYSIWYG).

Seriously though...  vBulletin is used twice as many sites as any other package on the planet.  The fact that you haven't run across it before is surprising, unless the ONLY sites you ever visit are confined to the now-antiquated Amiga.

Everything you're looking for is there, and is usually in plain site, as long as you bother to look for it with an open mind.

Replying with a quote is easy, just click "Quote" when reading a message.  If you want to reply to multiple messages in one, simply select each message you want to quote, then click "Multi "" which is right next to the Quote button.  The rest, meaning the [ quote ] and [ /quote ] tags work EXACTLY like they do at AmigaWorld or any other BBCODE compliant site.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 07:04:18 PM by Wayne »
//* Signature Free *//

Offline kvasir

• Show only replies by kvasir
    • http://watertonian.freeiz.com/1200brag/index.html
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2009, 10:14:46 PM »
I've had some trouble navigating about in A.org too, but have more or less gotten the hang of it. In Firefox, the site looks fine, the prob. seems to be with Ibrowse for me. I got NetSurf running on my 1200T, but its a bit slow on my system to use that much. I also look at the English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/) from time to time, which lays out similar enough in IB that I suspect they're using the same software over there. I'm guessing there's going to be a bit of a shift of ppl from A.org to AW or Amigans who prefer the older interface, and perhaps more Abime ppl coming over here. (Just a guess) I'm on all four, and check the regularly. Not so much here and Abime because of the different interface, but thats just my preference. (If I'm looking for something in particular, I'll still search all 3, and I'm used to using the site: option in google for sites that have incompatible search engines anyway, while hoping they don't have an exclusive bots.txt file) Anyway, as far as the upgrade is concerned, its seems to work fine for me, and what I need out of an Amiga site. The number of sites dropping off the map for Ibrowse is increasing almost exponentially, and that would be the real problem. (To the point, I've considered coding my own browser, more appealing to me than contributing to an existing one, mostly due to my eyes going blurry when trying to read someone elses code)
--
Amiga 1200T 68060 50MHZ 192MB Fast
 40GB IDE, 100MB Zip, CD/RW, DVD/Rom
 Mediator+ 4MBSVGA, Soundblaster, 100mbps Ethernet
 Subway USB+ endless list of gadgets :-D
My full specs

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2009, 10:51:22 PM »
Quote from: Wayne;519103
Another feature that's been explained several times, but obviously since you missed it, it doesn't exist  

:laughing:

Quick Links >> Edit Options >> Miscellaneous Options >> Message Editor Interface

Seriously though...  vBulletin is used twice as many sites as any other package on the planet.  The fact that you haven't run across it before is surprising, unless the ONLY sites you ever visit are confined to the now-antiquated Amiga.

Everything you're looking for is there, and is usually in plain site, as long as you bother to look for it with an open mind.

Replying with a quote is easy, just click "Quote" when reading a message.  If you want to reply to multiple messages in one, simply select each message you want to quote, then click "Multi "" which is right next to the Quote button.  The rest, meaning the [ quote ] and [ /quote ] tags work EXACTLY like they do at AmigaWorld or any other BBCODE compliant site.

I would really appreciate more than one level of quoting though, any chance you could increase to maybe about 8 or something? :)

Offline kvasir

• Show only replies by kvasir
    • http://watertonian.freeiz.com/1200brag/index.html
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2009, 12:13:27 AM »
Kinda funny, when I try the "quick reply" button, It doesn't work in IBrowse unless I drag the link into the URL bar or the window. (Usually the window, just a flick of the wrist between pushing the button and releasing it that way) Not a big deal, and the mods probably have better things to worry about at this point. It might just be my config, too.
--
Amiga 1200T 68060 50MHZ 192MB Fast
 40GB IDE, 100MB Zip, CD/RW, DVD/Rom
 Mediator+ 4MBSVGA, Soundblaster, 100mbps Ethernet
 Subway USB+ endless list of gadgets :-D
My full specs

Offline VanillaTopic starter

• Show only replies by Vanilla
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2009, 03:58:52 AM »
Quote from: Wayne;519102
You're the one complaining about it.  If you don't know what you're whining about, why are you whining?

Why do you think I am complaining and whining about it?!

A I said about it was:
But today I was logged in and it still asks me a question! What the?! As a user why aren't I allow to freely search?

Sorry if I thought that was a reasonable question to ask. Since it was answered I haven't said a thing since AFAIK so I don't know why this keeps coming back to me! :-D

Now, as to this feature, this a feature for the web master I take it? It certanly isn't a feature for the users. :-P
Welcome Vanilla. To your continuing tour of duty. :-)
 :angel:

Offline VanillaTopic starter

• Show only replies by Vanilla
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2009, 04:26:04 AM »
@Wayne

That didn't seem right. :-?

:-P

I only asked off hand since I had asked other things. So in effect I missed it!

Whoa! The big one. Currently using standard si will change again. Thanks for the tip. :-)

Seriously though... vBulletin is used twice as many sites as any other package on the planet. The fact that you haven't run across it before is surprising, unless the ONLY sites you ever visit are confined to the now-antiquated Amiga.

No I go on other forums. I guess I don't try and go into detail about how the site works. Unless I don't know how to use it. Looks like I am having teething problems here now. ;-)

I did take a look, and look in the FAQ's. I didn't see any one about major changes and how to deal with it including setting up the quotes so it worked as before.

I haven't done much HTML in my time, so I'm sure you will find it easier to understand than myself.

Replying with a quote is easy, just click "Quote" when reading a message. If you want to reply to multiple messages in one, simply select each message you want to quote, then click "Multi "" which is right next to the Quote button. The rest, meaning the [ quote ] and [ /quote ] tags work EXACTLY like they do at AmigaWorld or any other BBCODE compliant site.

Well it looks like I am getting somewhere finally thanks. I'm sure I have friends who are having the same issues getting used to things. :-)
Welcome Vanilla. To your continuing tour of duty. :-)
 :angel: