Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GlQuakeWOS & BlitzQuake_wos  (Read 1583 times)

Description:

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
Re: GlQuakeWOS & BlitzQuake_wos
« Reply #14 from previous page: January 10, 2006, 05:27:52 PM »
@AmigaMance
I don't know what a wrapper library is, but my WarpOS and Warp3D libraries that i have installed on the MorphOS partition were copied for my AOS one. So, they are identical. And so are the WarpOS/3D settings

Unless if you copied the 68k files to SYS:MorphOS/Libs/, MorphOS uses its' own wrapper libraries found there, rather than the 68k ones. Libraries in SYS:MorphOS/Libs have precedence over SYS:Libs ones. MorphOS WOS/W3D wrapper libraries ignore WOS/W3D settings (env variables) as they're irrelevant for MorphOS.

If you indeed did really replace the MOS libs then I can't possibly explain it.

Offline AmigaMance

• Show only replies by AmigaMance
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2006, 07:35:25 PM »
@AmigaMance
Quote:

I don't know what a wrapper library is, but my WarpOS and Warp3D libraries that i have installed on the MorphOS partition were copied for my AOS one. So, they are identical. And so are the WarpOS/3D settings

Unless if you copied the 68k files to SYS:MorphOS/Libs/, MorphOS uses its' own wrapper libraries found there, rather than the 68k ones. Libraries in SYS:MorphOS/Libs have precedence over SYS:Libs ones. MorphOS WOS/W3D wrapper libraries ignore WOS/W3D settings (env variables) as they're irrelevant for MorphOS.

Ok, let me explain.
 About the Warp3D: There are no MOS 3D drivers for the BVision, so it's mandatory to replace the MOS version of Warp3D system with the AOS one. Otherwise programs which use Warp3D will not work.
 About the WarpOS: Well, when i fist installed MorphOS i noticed that there wasn't a warp.library in the archive and so, i copied the warp.library for the AOS in the sys:morphos/libs/ directory. Now, when your said that a MOS version of the library exist, i decided to delete the warp.library to see what will happen. Check this out! WarpOS programs continue to run without problems! How is this possible? Perhaps the warp.library is replaced by the ppc or powerpc.library which are both resident. I can't think of something else.
A1200 PPC user.

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2006, 07:58:27 PM »
@AmigaMance

Indeed I forgot about that Permedia2 thing. So it can only be WOS.

About the WarpOS: Well, when i fist installed MorphOS i noticed that there wasn't a warp.library in the archive and so, i copied the warp.library for the AOS in the sys:morphos/libs/ directory. Now, when your said that a MOS version of the library exist, i decided to delete the warp.library to see what will happen. Check this out! WarpOS programs continue to run without problems! How is this possible? Perhaps the warp.library is replaced by the ppc or powerpc.library which are both resident. I can't think of something else.

warp.library is not used at all by the MorphOS powerpc.library wrapper. And indeed, it's resident (that is it's built into MOS).

So in the end this means that something in the original WOS is nuking for you. I am not that surprised, really.

Offline AmigaMance

• Show only replies by AmigaMance
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2006, 08:05:33 PM »
Mystery solved :-)
A1200 PPC user.

Offline Robert17

• Show only replies by Robert17
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2006, 06:13:02 PM »
"Try dropping your workbench screensize to 640x480 *before* starting the game"

Sorry to ressurect this oldish thread, tried this today in GLQuakeWOS and there was no difference in game speed compared to when my desktop was 1024x768x15.

Robert
Member of the Lincs Amiga Group, UK :-)