Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FA: Amiga 3000T/040 Motherboard  (Read 2094 times)

Description:

Offline madgrizzleTopic starter

• Show only replies by madgrizzle
FA: Amiga 3000T/040 Motherboard
« on: March 01, 2018, 04:00:08 AM »
I have an Amiga 3000T motherboard with 3640 v3.1 040 available for auction.  I also have the carcass of a case (more on that later).

I have packaged the 3000T motherboard and 3640 to send to Acill in the next day or two to bring back to life.  When I received the 3000T, I turned it on and got a few flashing color screens and then the power supply turned off.  I was able to get the power supply turned on a few times briefly, but now its toast.  I ordered an ATX adapter, but it hasn't arrived and Acill has one.  I had started gutting the PSU to install an ATX supply so it's beyond restoration.  I'll include the adapter with the deal whenever it shows up.

The 3000T motherboard had the battery removed and there does not appear to be any damage from it, but the motherboard did have some corrosion.  I've cleaned it with lemon juice and IPA and it looks nice (though I might have missed a few little areas, my eyes aren't what they used to be).  Except for the RTC (U190) I did not remove the ICs to reseat them because I was afraid I would screw it up.  After breaking a pin on my 3000D amber, I'm not pulling anymore PLCC chips and this motherboard is too rare to screw up.  I replaced a few jumpers that were stuck on the motherboard and came apart as I removed them.  I think all the new ones are blue.

The motherboard came with the 3640 so it's naturally missing the 030 processor, FPU and U103 (I assume that's why U103 is missing).  Since it came with the 3640, it has a DMAC-04 and 07 Buster.  It also has 16 MB of static ZIP RAM.  I can't say for sure which ROMs are in it (not labeled) but the DVD ROM had an Amiga OS3.9 DVD still in it so I suspect it must be 3.1.  I believe it has 1 MB of chip RAM.

At this time, I am putting the motherboard up for auction.  I do not see any rules on this website, so I guess I'm free to do my own.  Please PM me your offer.  I could throw this up on eBay or elsewhere and maybe command more money, but it's not what I'm doing... yet.  I'd like this to go to someone whose been wanting a 3000T and preferably someone who's been helpful in the amiga community.  It was a good deal when I got it and since I somehow managed to fix my 3000D, I repurposed a graphics card and Ethernet card from the 3000T and I'm very happy.  

If for some reason you don't want the motherboard shipped to Acill to work on, let me know in your PM.  If you want to wait to hear what Acill says, let me know that as well.  I'm not committing to making a deal right away nor am I committing to waiting.  I also not committing to taking the highest bid and I'm certainly not committed to taking the lowest bid... or even making a deal.  I know what I need out of it and if someone wants to make a deal before Acill looks at it, I'll take that into consideration.   To be clear, I've never seen it work, but *I* managed to restore a 3000D motherboard in much worse condition than this.

Acill said he'd ship it to the new owner, so I don't mind waiting until he receives it (and shows you he has it) before payment.  Most everyone knows Acill.. not many people know me. I took 25 years off from Amiga, so I get it.  I also want to keep from shipping it overseas, but its not out of the realm of possibility.  This all may come across the wrong way to some, but this is the deal I'm offering.

Pictures can be found here:

Before cleaning:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nyvDOC78PeDPcmC83

After cleaning:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZtGtXbVzmwv2Vbp12

As for the carcass of a case.  Shipping it is around $50 to $60 in the U.S.  I've started working on building a vacuum former and was building a 3D model of the front panel in order to reproduce one.  I now see it's really going to take me sometime to accomplish it, so completing that project will be a challenge.  A front panel popped up on eBay in the middle of the night a few days ago and it was snagged before I awoke.  Bummed me out and took the wind out of my sails.  If you want the carcass, PM me.  It's not going to do me any good.  At a minimum, the back panel appears to unscrew from the rest so it might be repurposed.. and the switch/lock has rails to fit into a standard 5.25-inch drive bay.  So I don't think its out of the realm of possibility to incorporate this into a new case.

Photos of carcass:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/cnbDZGmwOJ9EBChB2
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 03:02:09 PM by madgrizzle »
Only Amiga *woo-woo* Makes It Possible
Only Amiga   ... Makes.. It .. Happen!
Amiga 2000, 2MB Chip RAM, OS3.9, GVP Combo 030/22 13 MB, Supra 4MB
Amiga 3000, 16 MB RAM, OS3.9, A3640 v3.2 with 060 Processor, Picasso II, A2065, PCD-50B
Dead VA2000/CX :(

Offline Acill

Re: FA: Amiga 3000T/040 Motherboard
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 04:56:39 AM »
I wont know if I can revive it before I see it! Also, I thought I had my 3000T adapter but cant seem to find it, so I will need to make or have you sent it as well when it comes. I can do a lot without it though still.
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 01:06:12 PM »
Acill, I'll ship the motherboard to you when the ATX adapter comes in.  I hope my post didn't come across suggesting that, unequivocally, you will be able to fix the motherboard.  I tried to be accurate in describing it's condition and what I'm doing with it, so I apologize if it came out wrong.
Amiga 3000, 16 MB RAM, OS3.9, A3640 v3.2 with 060 Processor, Picasso II, A2065, PCD-50B

Offline Acill

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 03:04:56 PM »
It will be well looked at. The adapters for the 3000T are a bit complex is all. Its an ATX style plug but not the same pin layout. i have a 3000D one still and thats not compatible so I hope you didn't get that one thinking it was the same??
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics

Offline dannyp1

• Show only replies by dannyp1
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 04:43:04 PM »
I will be anxious to see if the CPO has any luck with this project. I never have with my A3000T's.

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 05:32:19 PM »
I have the right adapter on the way. The first one I got didn't turn the PSU on (I think something was wrong with the PIC) and he is sending me another one.  Just has to come from overseas.  Should be here any day.

Offline nolunchman

• Show only replies by nolunchman
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 12:50:29 AM »
is the carcass still available...help me bring my 3000T to life!  :)