Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Only 3 more days  (Read 9710 times)

Description:

Offline digitexTopic starter

• Show only replies by digitex
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 01:41:41 AM by SysAdmin »

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
Re: Only 3 more days
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 02:25:20 PM »
Quote from: digitex;666942
video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFvtsIASCug&feature=player_embedded

teaser:
http://www.************.net/CUSA_OS_Teaser.aspx

details:
http://www.************.net/CUSA_OS_Vision.aspx

date/time:
11.11.11 @ 11:11:11 GMT

CUSA. I can take them or leave them, mostly I like how they irritate certain people in the OS4 community. But wow, for somebody to feel so threatened by CUSA that they put the domain into the site censor list is really pathetic. Seriously, this is one of the saddest things I've ever seen on any site, ever.

Offline Controlly Delman

• Show only replies by Controlly Delman
    • http://sinclair-uk.weebly.com
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 02:27:12 PM »
No need to wait, get SinclairOS Pink Eye NOW.

SinclairUK

Offline spihunter

• Show only replies by spihunter
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 02:33:41 PM »

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 03:07:32 PM »

« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 04:05:57 PM by persia »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline ferrellsl

• DavidseltyAJ
    • Show only replies by ferrellsl
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 03:36:51 PM »
Just what the world needs, one more Linux distro........

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 03:43:11 PM »
I have little interest in linux, but I do concur with whoever it was that said the filter is ridiculous.

Virged on amusing when it was 1st bought to our attention, but now it seems somewhat petty.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 04:38:01 PM »
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 04:48:23 PM »
The site censor needs to go.

I'm the first one to bash C-USA, but man - that censor garbage is really, REALLY unprofessional.  I assure you I can control myself and refrain from posting about "yet another skinned Linux distro", hehe.  It's all been said before, good luck, Boys.

If their spam is not welcome here, delete it - but the Big Brother aspect is not cute or remotely funny.

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 06:26:26 PM »
I'm running Linux MintPPC on a PowerBook, I'm pretty sure that's as much "Commodore" as this is...
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline spihunter

• Show only replies by spihunter
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 06:28:26 PM »

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 07:40:14 PM »
There, now my main-menu icon is a checkmark! It's official!
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 08:08:44 PM »
Are Tedd's galleons still illegal?

-edit-
Guess not, huzzah!

Seriously though, something much more interesting being released on 11/11/11: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjqsYzBrP-M
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 08:11:17 PM by odin »

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 08:33:32 PM »
I can't believe I am going to write a postive commodore USA post but I am... You see, I have tinkered with linux since commodore amiga died...Off and on for years. Linux replaced amiga for me for that being different thing being a commodore amiga user used to be. Linux is just beautiful, its different, its totally customizable, its open. Its FREEDOM.

On commodore OS...
Yeah its funny to laugh but realize this :

1) Any linux distro is worlds ahead of ANY ng amiga OS, so its not hard to stomp the competition.

2) Runs on any hardware, unlike morph and amigaos4 if anyone wants to try it they can if ************ lets them, but I think it will be reserved for people who buy their computers. (and rightly so, creating even a respin takes alot of development time and energy, which costs money)

3) Real browsing. No Really, any every day computer you use needs this and every amigaOS currently is lacking in many areas for this. Linux has firefox, chromium and many more ready to go.

4) Compiz - Its just nice, say what you want but it beats screen dragging.
And once you start working in 3d you will never want to stay in flatland. Its literally a whole new dimension for the way you want to work.

I use a 12 sided cube myself. I have a browser on one side of my cube, facebook open on one,gimp always open in one side, my email program in another, word processing in one, a system management screen in one with monitors, 3 game screens, blender in one, audio editing in another,
and finally, a screen left for anything else I may load.

All those programs are instanly accessable and ready to work at all times....Multitasked beautifully.

5) Customization - You can make your computer look and work anyway you like. AmigaOS, MorphOS and AROS have less options for sure.

6) Variety of applications...and games -  Linux can run linux,apple, ,older mac,windows, DOS, amiga, c64, atari st,and many many more applications and games. Linux opens your computing world to being able to run virtually any computer program ever written (with the right emulation/tweaks and so on) No amiga os past or present allows you to run so many applications or games, period. Linux can run virtually any computer program ever written. No really, amiga OS can't do that.

7) Virtualbox - Run windows 95,98,2000,xp,vista or 7 in a window. No amiga OS can do this. Linux can. Virtualbox also allows beos/haiku and many others to run in a window.

8) Easy to remaster/redistribute... Linux is easier to remaster, make a custom spin or redistribution than any amiga os past or present.

9) Your desktop mobile... Linux is easier to install to usb flash drives so you can take your whole computer with you everywhere you go, and you can load that on just about ANY host computer you will find with a usb port. No really, again amiga os past or present can't do this.

10) Ubuntu repositories... Ubuntu repositories are massive. They have precompiled and ready to install virtually ANY linux program ever written. These apps all ready to go. In their repos you will find programs to do ANYTHING you will ever need a computer to do. Fast, free, point and click installs of any program you need to do ANYTHING.

I am SURE there are more reasons why commodore USA is right on this move even if amigans won't admit it, but these are the first I thought of.

Say what you want, but the form, functionality, look and feel of what they can possibly deliver smokes any amiga os or varient so far.

It has great potential. Where they take that great potential is what will really decide where they go. Please take a moment to realize the potential before you instantly dismiss this idea.

Talk trash if you want, but watch and see what develops first.

Steven

Offline Delta

• Show only replies by Delta
    • http://www.atelierdujeu.com
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 08:38:44 PM »
I agree with all the above about Linux and CUSA sell anything they want but I still think they should use another brand name.  Using the C= Amiga names is not appropriate for those products as they have nothing to do with it.
-=Delta