Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: RPGS  (Read 1241 times)

Description:

Offline EdponTopic starter

• Show only replies by Edpon
RPGS
« on: April 18, 2005, 07:36:18 AM »
Hi All,
  What's your favorite RPG on the Amiga and why? Mine were Deathbringer, Might and Magic, and Advanced Dungeons and Dragons. All had good ( At the time ) graphics and game play. Some of the puzzles were pretty challenging as well. One last thought . . What is the largest RPG and most Graphically RPG ever made ( To include recently ) for any Amiga system? Thanks.

Ed
 :-D
Amiga 500
AmigaOne 500
CommodoreUSA Amiga Mini i3

Offline Damion

Re: RPGS
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 08:47:26 AM »
I thought the Bard's Tale series absolutely OWNED. A few decent puzzles, "intense" dungeon action, killer spells and mage classes...particularly in the third episode, where a special class of mage is needed to "teleport" the party beyond the first main level. Unfortunately, the C64   versions were much better overall (especially the music, and small details), which is pretty sad considering the tech difference. Bard's Tale(s) for the amiga felt "rushed" and incomplete in comparison, whereas it could have been a golden masterpiece in the history of RPGs...but then again, maybe the 8 bit machine just lent a certain "essence" that no other computer could capture...I really dunno.

I had a bunch of fun playing the AD&D games as well, for some reason Champions and Pools really stand out in my memory.

cheers

:pint:  

Offline Harlbro

• Show only replies by Harlbro
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 11:53:57 AM »
Nice topic there. For RPGs I spent most time playing the Eye of the Beholder series, Realms of Arkania Blade of Destiny and the lowly Moria. Both EOBs were great, I loved them. Arkania was lesser known and incredibly hard to find in Australia at the time (early-mid 1994ish about when Commodore Aust went bust) but a lot of fun. Of course Moria is shareware and will addict you like no other. I still enjoy loading up all three on a rainy day, or even sunny for that matter (we don't get many rainy days here)  :roll:

Offline Red_Melons

• Show only replies by Red_Melons
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 12:22:52 PM »
What's your favorite RPG on the Amiga and why?

It's got to be the RPG-7

It is a proven, cheap killer of technology

Offline Managarm

• Show only replies by Managarm
    • http://www.freewebs.com/robinslair
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 01:22:37 PM »
The Eye Of The Beholder games were great although I think Knightmare was the best game of that type on the Amiga. (With captive by the same guy a close second.)

Another one I still play today is Curse Of The Azure Bonds. The graphics and sound were a bit suspect but it was huge and the storyline was actually quite involving.

Offline countzero

• Show only replies by countzero
    • http://blog.coze.org
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 03:23:20 PM »
there was a game called "fate gates of dawn" quite a long time ago. it was a classic dungeon master style crpg (done by reLine ), with slightly better graphics than ssi titles, but with a much better role playing emphasis. it had quite big world (for the amiga) and non-linear scenario (something like morrowind) which was quite new for its time. You can still find some fan sites of it on the net if you google.
I believe in mt. Fuji

Offline tekmage

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 04:46:14 PM »
Howdy,

I'd say Black Crypt was far and away the hardest and coolest RPG for the Amiga ever.  Much like Dungen Master only better gfx and harder game play.  It's interesting that Ravesoft (http://www.ravensoft.com/frameset.html) is still very much alive and kicking!  

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 05:25:00 PM »
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Bane of the Cosmic Forge, yet?

:-(
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline realstar

• Show only replies by realstar
    • http://members.shaw.ca/realstar
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 02:10:44 AM »
Here is a list of some of my favourite
Amiga RPG games:

1. Black Crypt (perfect balance of gameplay+gfx)
2. Ishar 1, 2 & 3 (awesome triology of rpgs)
3. Might & Magic III (great exploration)
4. Ambermoon (got too difficult though)
5. Legends (great console style action/rpg)
6. Dungeon Master (the original)

Offline ottomobiehl

• Show only replies by ottomobiehl
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2005, 02:53:33 AM »
For me it was the following.

1. The Bards Tale Series
2. Eye of the Beholder Series
3. AD&D Gold Box Games (Azure Bond, Krynn, etc)
4. The Infocom games though I doubt they were true role playing in the sense that you mean.  Still loved 'em. ;-)

Offline bubba

• Show only replies by bubba
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2005, 06:39:28 PM »
I loved the simplicity of "The Immortal" by EA.  Not much replay value, but good for a weekend of fun.  

Offline AmigaMance

• Show only replies by AmigaMance
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2005, 07:29:55 PM »
Ishar 3 for its fantastic graphics, black crypt for its atmoshere, M&M 3 and ADOM because imho it's the most complete RPG available for the Amiga and we must consider ourselves lucky that someone ported it.
A1200 PPC user.