Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Installing on PowerMac 3,1 (400/AGP) hangs  (Read 3580 times)

Description:

Offline LoadWBTopic starter

• Show only replies by LoadWB
Installing on PowerMac 3,1 (400/AGP) hangs
« on: June 18, 2015, 03:44:06 AM »
I'm trying to load MorphOS 3.8 on a 400MHz AGP (ATI) PowerMac 3,1.  It gets a couple hundred files into the copy and hangs.

It has 512MB RAM and I've replaced the hard drive as the original was loud and dying.  I had this problem back with MorphOS 3.2 and just gave up for the time being (especially since the 3,1 wasn't fully supported.)

I suspect this hard drive is going bad, as well, even though it passes all tests.  Although, I suppose the problem could be (or could also be) the DVD drive.

Has anyone else come across this problem, and if so what was your resolution?  FWIW, I was able to do a full Windows XP installation on this drive, which is why I started leaning more toward the DVD drive being an issue.  I don't want to give up on this as I think it would make a nice MorphOS machine for someone.

Offline Yasu

• Show only replies by Yasu
Re: Installing on PowerMac 3,1 (400/AGP) hangs
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 09:48:53 AM »
You could try installing from a USB stick. There is an official guide at morphos.de.

I had the same problem once or twice on several machines, but it worked out by trying again, after a reboot.