Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: D Paint V on Amiga Forever 2006 (WinUAE)  (Read 1202 times)

Description:

guest3217

D Paint V on Amiga Forever 2006 (WinUAE)
« on: September 08, 2006, 03:10:18 AM »
As I regretably killed my A3000 last year, I have switched to Amiga Forever 2006 to try to remedy my need, my Amiga Fix... :-o
Has any one successfully started D Paint V at a higher resolution (WinUAE 1024x768 32 bit for instance) without crashing the system into Guru Meditations?
Could you share the emuation set-up parameters with me? :rtfm:

To this day, I still haven't found a reasonable substitute for the Animation/brush Anims aspects of D PaintIV/V...on the PC... I would appreciate even the lamest of suggestions!!! Really!!!

Offline Thomas

Re: D Paint V on Amiga Forever 2006 (WinUAE)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 08:12:12 AM »
Has any one successfully started D Paint V at a higher resolution (WinUAE 1024x768 32 bit for instance) without crashing the system into Guru Meditations?

DPaint only works on native screen modes (PAL, NTSC) it cannot be used on graphics cards (uaegfx).

Have a look at PersonalPaint. It's similar to DPaint and works well on RTG screen modes. Should already be installed on AmigaForever. If not, it's free on Aminet.

To this day, I still haven't found a reasonable substitute for the Animation/brush Anims aspects of D PaintIV/V...on the PC... I would appreciate even the lamest of suggestions!!! Really!!!

PPaint can load/save/edit DPaint anims and GIF anims.

Bye,
Thomas

Offline CLS2086

• Show only replies by CLS2086
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 08:42:28 AM »
Hi,
that's true. DPaint was not really built to support RTG.
Whatever I can use it a bit on my GREX+Voodoo3 in 8 bits mode but it hangs often for any reason... It works well with AGA and ECS.
Which release of Dpaint V do you use ? 5.0 ? 5.1 ? 5.2 ?
Keep the Faith !
VG 5000/A1000/500/500+/600/2000/CDTV/1200PPC-GREX/1200PPC -ATEO-BV/4060D/CD32/Aone/Peg 1/Peg2 G4/ various funny machines too  :-) http://www.mo5.com/collection/index.php?pseudo=CLS2086
I also repair drives of our old beloved Amiga

guest3217

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 06:44:47 AM »
Mortadelo and co.
Thanks for the information and suggestions. I tried starting in an AA-ham (interlaced) 1280X400 mode and it seems to be working... though it would be nice to have some more varieties....anyhow, the version I bought is DPaint V (5.0)  I didn't know it had been upgraded. I'll try to find a patch if there is one...
PPaint - I have only messed around with a few times....and though my first impression of it wasn't very good, it seems I've read a bunch of great reviews on the Amiga.org site... and that leads me to think that perhaps I should check it out again.  Maybe this time I'll look for the manual first!!  :rtfm:
Those animation creation sessions are summoning me back...
 :idea:  :idea:

Ciao