Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga 1200T issues with OS 3.5 and heat problems  (Read 549 times)

Description:

Offline OmniTopic starter

Amiga 1200T issues with OS 3.5 and heat problems
« on: January 09, 2004, 11:36:13 PM »
Hi,

I decided to revamp an A1200T I  had.
It wasn't in use.
I had some parts available so I decided to tied them first:
Specs:
A1200T,
ROM 3.1
Micronik Z2 busboard
Apollo Turbo Mk3 030 40 882 40 w/32 Mb
HD floppy 1.76 Mb
1 1.275 HD
1 40 Gb HD
CD ROM 44x
CD RW 48x 16x 48x MSI
buddha Z2 Flash controller (soft broken)
OS 3.5 CD
broken Amiga OS 3.1 floppies (nightmare!)

So i start by adding the components, first i just add the small hardrive with the buddha z2, and start to install OS 3.1 froim the disks, that was a nightmare because due to the time most of them had sectors broken, so it took a long time but i manage to install OS 3.1, then the problem was to add the CD ROM so I used and old copy of IDEFIX 97.
The problems start immediately due to overheat the Turbo Mk3 started to overheating so I decided to add some dissipating paste over the 030, i didn't hv a heat sink nor a fan to add it there, it still heated up so I decided to use an old 12vdc BIG Power supply fan from a broken  pc PS i had, still experiencing some problems so I need some suggestions or advise on your part. After the CD fs and CD ROM drive were recognized I started to install OS 3.5 but there i remembered the setpatch issue, so I did a search and put the setPatch QUIET SKIPROMUPDATES  "scsi.device" , I am not sure if that is correct in my case or i should use "2nd.scsi.device" because the buddha is on one of the Z2 slots.
Ok still having issues because systems fails to boot many times, even if I use workbench3.1 floppy to boot and gives some System errors, I think the problem might be with the overheat but maybe someone can suggest something else. I'm trying to fix this asap. So any help is appreciated

Thank you,