Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Do you own a CD32 system?  (Read 2723 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
Re: Do you own a CD32 system?
« Reply #29 from previous page: July 17, 2011, 02:27:36 PM »
I seem to recall there being plenty of stock, but Commodore wasnt allowed to sell them for one reason or another. Possibly theyd already gone into liquidation, I really cant recall, but the ability to produce sufficient stock wasnt what stopped cd32's success.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline Tension

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2011, 02:32:06 PM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;649997
I seem to recall there being plenty of stock, but Commodore wasnt allowed to sell them for one reason or another. Possibly theyd already gone into liquidation, I really cant recall, but the ability to produce sufficient stock wasnt what stopped cd32's success.

Yes, they weren't allowed to sell them in the USA until the patent issue was resolved.

As I said, what a bloody shame :(

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2011, 07:12:41 PM »
In the deathbed vigil, Haynie mentions the actual number of CD32 sold (which was basically all that were made over the 93 christmas season) and the number he estimated would have kept commodore afloat. Its pretty close.