Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Suggestion: Ban-rationale thread  (Read 7809 times)

Description:

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
Re: Suggestion: Ban-rationale thread
« Reply #59 from previous page: August 31, 2011, 04:43:36 AM »
Just remember, its not a party until the sausage comes out.

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2011, 05:00:55 AM »
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;657110
Just remember, its not a party until the sausage comes out.

Zat mean vegetarians, vegans or vegetables or whatever they call themselves can't have parties... :confused:

Offline Franko

« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2011, 05:04:46 AM »
@ Argo

Amiga.org via gator745.hostgator.com to me
show details 05:02 (2 minutes ago)
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear Franko,

You have received a new private message at Amiga.org from Argo, entitled "You have received an infraction at Amiga.org".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://www.amiga.org/forums/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
Dear Franko,

You have received an infraction at Amiga.org.

Reason: Signature Rule Violation
-------
You want a notice, well here it is.
You have questioned the moderation policy, moderation of your posts, your bans, attacked a moderator, questioned the TOS and posting guidelines. I'm not sure why you can't understand the simple rules and keep questioning or ridiculing them. Most are pretty standard or have been born out of past issues.
For your multiple violations and repeated violations, I am banning you for a week.

Argo
argo@twcny.rr.com

What on earth is this about

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2011, 05:13:22 AM »
Questioning moderation again. I even gave you the option to contact me via email. Just as you could have PMed me as I have not banned you yet.
I just don't understand what it is about the rules you can not comprehend.
Must be English is not your native tongue. Hmm, likely be Scottish....
As I've told you multiple times when I've had to deal with you for violations. Contact the mods or admin directly. Not make a big issue of it with vast public postings.

Offline Argo

« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2011, 05:15:05 AM »
Read the ToS and posting guidelines. Multiple or on going violations will get you banned.
See my sig below.

Offline Franko

« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2011, 05:20:35 AM »
In case your wondering why I didn't respond to you via PM that is because the last time I ever tried to ask you something via PM you responded with the reply...

TTFN

So it's obvious there is no point in trying to reason with someone like yourself and if speaking the truth and asking genuine and reasonable questions about the pathetic bias of certain moderators here including yourself then I shall do it publicly instead of getting such nonsensical answers from you like the one quoted in this post you sent me recently and as for your reason given in your current banning email well that's just complete BS and you know it.

Strange how you don't ban anyone else in this thread who questions things and there was no attack on a moderator again more blatant lies and utter BS you are using an excuse here to ban me.

You have shown yourself up as being totally unfit to be a moderator here and if you had any decency you would step down immediately.

Offline Franko

« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2011, 05:21:58 AM »
Quote from: Argo;657113
Questioning moderation again. I even gave you the option to contact me via email. Just as you could have PMed me as I have not banned you yet.
I just don't understand what it is about the rules you can not comprehend.
Must be English is not your native tongue. Hmm, likely be Scottish....
As I've told you multiple times when I've had to deal with you for violations. Contact the mods or admin directly. Not make a big issue of it with vast public postings.

As I said the last time I PM'd you about something all I got was the reply

TTFN

So why on earth would I bother to PM you ever again.

Offline Argo

« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2011, 05:25:44 AM »
Quote from: Franko;657115
In case your wondering why I didn't respond to you via PM that is because the last time I ever tried to ask you something via PM you responded with the reply...

TTFN

So it's obvious there is no point in trying to reason with someone like yourself and if speaking the truth and asking genuine and reasonable questions about the pathetic bias of certain moderators here including yourself then I shall do it publicly instead of getting such nonsensical answers from you like the one quoted in this post you sent me recently and as for your reason given in your current banning email well that's just complete BS and you know it.

That is the second time you have brought that up and again you omit the text of the two previous PM in that conversation I made to you. Just as now you were doing the same thing. Questioning the rule and ridiculing them. You just don't seem to understand that you can ignore them and act with impunity. This is why Magnetic goes after you. Also, it is the reason I think you play into this tactics.

Strange how you don't ban anyone else in this thread who questions things and there was no attack on a moderator again more blatant lies and utter BS you are using an excuse here to ban me.

You have shown yourself up as being totally unfit to be a moderator here and if you had any decency you would step down immediately.

I'll be spending my remaining time here wisely for the benefit of the site.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 05:47:24 AM by Argo »

Offline commodorejohnTopic starter

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2011, 06:02:55 AM »
*shakes head*
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2011, 06:23:04 AM »
If I wanted to watch little girls slap fight each other, there's a school a few blocks over.  I've never seen a bigger bunch of e-peen wrangling people than this place with the "me boss you not" BS.

More pissant, pedantic behavior from everyone.  Don't get me started on Franko.  He's an issue, but he can be dealt with.  With all due respect Argo, should have had mods take the high road and sh!tcan this thread before it gets 4 pages long, no?  

No - leave it to fester all day, then people in chime in in "boss" mode to get your points across.  There's like ZERO common sense here, staff AND user wise.  Just a bunch of 40 somethings that seem to be compensating for being picked on as children.

Can't people just be normal?

I apologize for adding gas to the fire, but Jesus people - use your heads.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 06:35:56 AM by Duce »

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2011, 07:10:24 AM »
So, as I was saying, a thankless task...

Quote from: smerf
Just because Magnetic cannot keep from blasting Franko at every opportunity, doesn't mean that you should ban Franko, all Franko was doing is what Franko does best, defend himself, if you can't understand that, then you shouldn't be officiating this argument, Magnetic is the one that always starts the BS on Franko, when all Franko is doing is having fun on the site. He is bothering no one, except for Kesa (who we all bother), now I am not one of Franko's friends and I am always busting him, but me and him take it in stride, we get in no real arguments, but when I and Magnetic get into it, then you are in for a war, and to tell you the truth Magnetic is about as smart as a pissant walking up a tree. If you look at it, all the times Franko was banned is when he gets in a tassle with pis Magnetic, and he usually doesn't even say anything to him until Magnetic has opened his keyboard one to many times.

I find Franko's ban very unfair, and I am not even one of his friends. I just like reading his posts, he has a very petite way about him.

Let's be completely realistic here. You've tried to goad me countless times and if I reacted to you in the same way Franko reacts to magnetic, I'd fully expect to be moderated by the admin. However, I simply choose to ignore it as that's the adult thing to do. That and the fact that I actually don't believe for a second there's any genuine malice in it and quite like watching you figure out how far you can try to goad a moderator... ;)

However, your post above seems to imply this was an entirely one sided incident. It wasn't. Both Franko and Magnetic were warned, first in public, then by infraction and PM not to continue their bickering. When they didn't, they were both banned for the same length of time.

Quote from: Duce;657122

More pissant, pedantic behavior from everyone.  Don't get me started on Franko.  He's an issue, but he can be dealt with.  With all due respect Argo, should have had mods take the high road and sh!tcan this thread before it gets 4 pages long, no?  

Don't assume moderators are surgically wired into the site all day long with absolutely nothing better to do than clean up after people who seemingly do have nothing better to do than make a mess. We do have things such as jobs, families and beds.

It's 7am here and I've just woken up to this same four pages of drivel and other than comment to Argo, I quite agree regarding the action to be taken about the thread.

Thread closed.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 07:54:43 AM by Karlos »
int p; // A