Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Linux & Amiga Forever: Amiga 4000 on the ASUS Eee PC 2G Surf  (Read 1310 times)

Description:

Offline Kuya MarcTopic starter

• Show only replies by Kuya Marc
    • http://google.com/+MarcosMiranda
Linux & Amiga Forever: Amiga 4000 on the ASUS Eee PC 2G Surf
« on: March 29, 2014, 12:59:47 PM »
Hello World!
[/B]
It's been a long time since I last posted into AMIGA.org forums, and now I'm back to working Amiga via emulation. This time, my special projects are focused onto getting a working Amiga via emulation without any dependency of Microsoft Windows.

Here's my official blog post, showing my success in transferring Workbench 3.X, from Amiga Forever 2012 CD .iso, to my ASUS Eee PC 2G Surf, operating Debian 8 Linux on the 2GB solid-state drive, using FS-UAE and FS-UAE-LAUNCHER.

My current/active Amiga projects are being conducted on my ailing Compaq Presario M2000 laptop (1.6GHz AMD Sempron, 1.5GB RAM, 80GB HDD) with Windows 7 Starter Edition. I am presently using Amiga Forever 2013 Plus Edition for working all systems. My ailing M2000 is about to die, it has trouble powering up and I'm no longer capable of repairing it.

Frequently, I do have correspondence with Mike Battilana of Cloanto, about my migration/porting work of Amiga Forever into Linux & Android.

Since I have old computers, and cannot afford to buy new ones, I am focused on doing Amiga systems on a _shoestring budget_. Now that I'm on the tail end of my Linux experiences (almost 17 years), I'm hoping I can continue my Amiga experiences long after my M2000.
ReLiving the AmigaOS Experience via Emulation in The Philippines since 2012!
Amiga Forever Plus Edition • AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition Update 1
I had an Amiga 500 from 1988-1990 and became an Amiga geek...
...but I can\'t remember how I did it.
No, I\'m not a gamer.
Originally from Seattle, Washington, USA

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
Re: Linux & Amiga Forever: Amiga 4000 on the ASUS Eee PC 2G Surf
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 01:29:28 PM »
Good luck with the Asus PC.
I have an Eee laptop and will follow anything you post closely as I'm not buying new hardware either.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 01:58:43 PM »
Hello Iggy, thanks for the message.

I read your signature, maybe you can help me port MorphOS to my defective 1.5GHz iBook G4. It's keyboard ribbon cable socket is broken, USB voltage is 4.5VDC, and CD/DVD drive is not operational. It still boots up with Mac OS Leopard.

I only wish I had a real Amiga computer...
No, I\'m not a gamer.

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 02:43:47 PM »
Quote from: Kuya Marc;761516
Hello Iggy, thanks for the message.

I read your signature, maybe you can help me port MorphOS to my defective 1.5GHz iBook G4. It's keyboard ribbon cable socket is broken, USB voltage is 4.5VDC, and CD/DVD drive is not operational. It still boots up with Mac OS Leopard.

I only wish I had a real Amiga computer...

I think I have a spare CD/DVD drive, getting a replacement keyboard is trickier.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 03:09:01 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;761518
I think I have a spare CD/DVD drive, getting a replacement keyboard is trickier.

In my case, my CD/DVD drive of my iBook G4 isn't working due to insufficient power. By accident, a few years ago, I forgot to switch my power supply from 12V to 5V to power USB hub. I've heard of way to boot the G4 via USB flash drive, but haven't yet tried it since I have to use a USB keyboard via a externally powered USB hub. It's a tricky situation, but it still functions with Mac OS X Leopard; external camera still functions, too. My iBook G4 is now prepped to take over when my Compaq Presario M2000 dies any day now.
No, I\'m not a gamer.