Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: X-surf question  (Read 940 times)

Description:

X-surf question
« on: November 16, 2002, 06:31:17 PM »
Hello all,

I have an A4000 running OS3.9. The machine has an X-surf ethernet card installed. Now I want to connect it to my Router (a Draytek Vigor 2200E).

When I start Genesis I get the following error: iface_init:can't open device DEVS:Networks/x-surf.device unit 0.

This may be a software/configuration issue, but I'm clueless. Any help is appreciated.

Offline Warrent

• Show only replies by Warrent
Re: X-surf question
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2002, 08:27:24 PM »
"I have an A4000 running OS3.9. The machine has an X-surf ethernet card installed. Now I want to connect it to my Router (a Draytek Vigor 2200E)."

I am no expert on this stuff.  I just installed a X-surf card in my desktop 4000 and with a lot of help I got it hooked up to a cable company :-)  Just a note; it is nice to have boardband :-)

My point in this.  At my first tried of installing the X-sruf card, I got error saying the card was not found :(  I emailed Jens Schonfedl, he said:

"Most errors of this kind are caused by a dirty Zorro slot or zorro connector of he X-Surf itself. Clean both sides with pure alcohol and try again, it has helped a lot of other customers with the same problem.  Never use contact sprays! Only pure alcohol helps, and an old toothbrush for the slot will also do a good job."

I am not sure if this would apply to you, but .  .  .

They other thing that was weird for me was which slot it was happy in?  Again, it may have been a cleaner slot?  Once I cleaned my slots and move the card to a different one, it was happy.

Just to note; I am using MiamiDX, so none of this may apply.  Here is hoping that you get it resloved.