Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A4000 toaster rip off?  (Read 2416 times)

Description:

Re: A4000 toaster rip off?
« Reply #14 from previous page: November 12, 2002, 07:48:18 AM »
Tigger I agree entirely... if you do a point to point comparison the old Toaster 2000/4000 jus dont compare... although there is still a widely installed userbase of people useing them including A/V labs in schools ....PBS's everywhere...etc etc...
I often thought if the A1 had some sort of way of useing the classic toaster it might sell in a small quantity to those people if it was priced cheap.

they dont compare even remotly to the modern toaster 2... lets just compare a few points.

Aura2.5  .v. Toaster Paint

LightwaveExpress .v. Lightwave 4.0? (last version that shipped with the toaster for amiga?)

Aura2.5 has features Toaster Paint cant even dream of... stroke recording.. export motion paths to lightwave for use in animation.. unlimited layers and the ability to key layers for 2D animation... photoshop filter support... (apply photoshop filters to video)...its got very nice rotoscoping and video paint .....supports all wacom tablets... comes with a waveform... color correction..

Lightwave Express.... where do we begin to explain why this is better then 4.0?... I wont even go into that... I'd have a list 80 pages long...

I know you think the 'classic' toaster is the best Shawn but it just isnt... it's a D1/D2 AB roll editor...and 4 input switcher...the flyer gives it very basic non-linear capabilities... but it just dosent compare to modern video editing hardware... I to have both (had a toaster 4000)  and it isnt even something you can really argue....

Next big leap newtek is going to have to face is moving to HDTV real-time/non-linear/uncompressed.

Offline Tigger

• Show only replies by Tigger
Re: A4000 toaster rip off?
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2002, 06:32:26 AM »

mips_proc wrote:
Next big leap newtek is going to have to face is moving to HDTV real-time/non-linear/uncompressed.

Actually the toaster software was controlling the Intergraph HDTV editor 3 years ago at NAB.   That was the first look we had at the editor we now call TEd (or Toaster Edit).   Actually all of the toaster magic is in software and its really resolution independent, so I would guess we will at least see hints of a HDTV card (or adapter) at NAB next year.   Right now Aura, Lightwave, etc all work in HDTV, only need the bandwidth etc to get HDTV going in the rest of the system.   You made a comment awhile ago about Illusion, its a sweet program, Jeff Whites plugin for it is well worth getting since you already have Aura.
     -Tig

Well you know I am scottish, so I like sheep alot.
     -Fleecy Moss, Gateway 2000 show