Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Return to Castle Wolfenstein MorphOS Port Released  (Read 7929 times)

Description:

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
Re: Return to Castle Wolfenstein MorphOS Port Released
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 01:10:53 AM »
Crumb

do you really think i'd make a statement like that without it being factual? I have a Radeon 9000 PRO II  much more advanced than regular 9000. I had an 8500 in there I took out and put this in.. this card is hard to come by. I had a kick ass 8500 with a zalman heatsink (passive) i sold it to kiero or someone a while back.

Xdelsion

Its weird that version i had back then the intro played fine and so did the installer.. maybe its your machine? What ram do you have?
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2011, 02:12:46 AM »
PC2700. Can't tell you the brand right off hand though. Either way, this eMac is going out the door soon.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Crumb

• Show only replies by Crumb
    • http://cuaz.sourceforge.net
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 07:31:38 AM »
Quote from: magnetic;648624

do you really think i'd make a statement like that without it being factual? I have a Radeon 9000 PRO II  much more advanced than regular 9000. I had an 8500 in there I took out and put this in.. this card is hard to come by. I had a kick ass 8500 with a zalman heatsink (passive) i sold it to kiero or someone a while back.

I have to inform you that if the application uses multitexture a full R8500 should always be faster than any 9000 because the latter only has one texture unit. So I'll wait for a factual test with RTCW for example and not your old memories.
The only spanish amiga news web page/club: Club de Usuarios de Amiga de Zaragoza (CUAZ)

Offline _ThEcRoW

• Show only replies by _ThEcRoW
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2011, 01:44:32 PM »
So the inner circle has played enough that they let the game go to the mortal's realm?.
Too late for me, at least i haven't the same interest as i previously had in it.
Amiga 1200 desktop. Apollo 030/50 Mhz 8mb ram + ClassicWB + Wb 3.1
Amiga 500 + ACA500Plus + 16gb CF | ECS Power!!!
C64 DTV + Keyboard mod. Waiting for a 1541 disk ve...
Mac Mini G4 1.42Ghz 1gb OSX(tiger)/Morphos 3.7 Registered
C64mini + usb drive with loads of games...

Offline PiruTopic starter

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2011, 01:55:57 PM »
Quote from: _ThEcRoW;648651
So the inner circle has played enough that they let the game go to the mortal's realm?

I played the game for the first time two days ago.

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2011, 05:44:58 PM »
Quote from: _ThEcRoW;648651
So the inner circle has played enough that they let the game go to the mortal's realm?.
Too late for me, at least i haven't the same interest as i previously had in it.

I'm far from inner circle, I think I just bugged Big Foot too much, that's the only reason I got this a year early. I offered to post it on the web for him, but he asked me not to as he wanted to finish up the docs and what not...

...if that is what you are referring to. :)

Anyhow, it is a WONDERFUL game, you should play it through!!!
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2011, 08:35:50 PM »
Quote from: Piru;648453
Return to Castle Wolfenstein, a first person shooter has been released for MorphOS. To complete the installation, you must have an original release of Return to Castle Wolfenstein. The original Return to Castle Wolfenstein release, as well as the Special Edition and Platinum Edition releases of Return to Castle Wolfenstein are supported by the installer.

readme: morphosrtcw.readme
download: morphosrtcw.lha

Source code is available as well.
readme: morphosrtcw-src.readme
download: morphosrtcw-src.tar.bz2

Oh joy, we have a 23 year old game to play on a system that is probably as ancient as the game. When you can play Far Cry on it give me a buzz, then you would only be about eleven years behind times.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline smerf

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2011, 08:39:29 PM »
Quote from: JJ;648454
Sweet been wating for this for awhile.  Lets see how my mac mini likes it

@JJ

Wow welcome to the modern gaming world.

Oh I forgot, for MAC users this would be exciting, a game that they can play on the MAC, so what if it is 20+++ years old, it is a game you can play on the MAC.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

Offline mongo

• Show only replies by mongo
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2011, 09:17:05 PM »
Quote from: smerf;648688
Oh joy, we have a 23 year old game to play on a system that is probably as ancient as the game. When you can play Far Cry on it give me a buzz, then you would only be about eleven years behind times.

smerf

It's 2024 already?! Crap! How long was I asleep for?

Offline nicholas

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2011, 09:59:16 PM »
Quote from: smerf;648688

smerf

I can play Farcry on my three year old Macbook Pro and it doesn't even begin to stress it.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2011, 10:15:43 PM »
Speaking of Crytek engine games, the "Ultra" 1.9 patch for Crysis 2 along with the HD texture update (I don't have a DX11 card, so the DX11 patch is presently not an option) certainly improves it's appearance a tad and no noticeable hit in framerate on my rig too.

Unfortunately, that still leaves it wanting an actual game to go with the engine ;)
int p; // A

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 11:10:41 PM »
Smerf, there are a couple Industrial Giants that are on top of the gaming game. If you want titles as they release for your computer, I'd suggest you buy a Windows Machine or a Mac as opposed to sticking with an old out dated computer that is not supported by Industrial Giants who can afford to throw their weight around.

Amiga on the other hand being supported only by a small community of dedicated users who refuse to let the dream die. In other words, it's underground, not commercially viable.

Thankx again Big Foot for all the great work! It's nice to have an alternative to playing this on Windows regardless of how dated it may be, because after all...

...it's a classic I keep finding my self coming back to, like the Amiga itself. ;)

Speaking of Far Cry, was the sources to that released or something? That game is just awesome! One of the most challenging games I've played in a VERY long time!

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 11:15:29 PM »
Quote from: Piru;648653
I played the game for the first time two days ago.

So, have fun? I remember playing it to bits when it was first released :)

IIRC, you were more of a Half-life 2 fan? You should check out steam at the moment, Valve are doing a crazy deal on pretty much every title in their catalogue.
int p; // A

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2011, 12:23:06 AM »
Imagine if we had Half-Life...

DROOOOLLLLLLLL!!!!

Can't wait for part 3!

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2011, 01:56:59 AM »
Crumb

If you chose to actually read my post instead of trying to post bully me you would see i dont have a standard radeon 9k.  When I get back to LA in a month i'll try to post some numbers to prove you wrong.. Naturally i may be wrong as well but at least I admit that possiblity.

Piru

Stop playing damn games and get morphos 2.8 out the door! :P

@ Smerf

Hmm.. trolling as usual eh? Whats funny is 68k os 3.x fanboys like you get excited to PLAY QUAKE 1 never mind anything near modern..
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline smerf

« Reply #29 from previous page: July 09, 2011, 03:17:31 AM »
Quote from: magnetic;648624
Crumb

Xdelsion

Its weird that version i had back then the intro played fine and so did the installer.. maybe its your machine? What ram do you have?

ATI's RADEON 9000 suffers from a case of horrible timing. On the same day that ATI announced the revolutionary, cutting edge, drool-inducing Radeon 9700, they also told the world about the Radeon 9000, a retooled version of their Radeon 8500 chip aimed at mainstream desktops. Here you had the Radeon 9000's slightly revised current-generation GPU competing for attention with the Radeon 9700's brand-new, next-generation, DirectX 9-compliant architecture. It wasn't even fair.

HUH!!!   What you say

smerf