Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GlQuakeWOS & BlitzQuake_wos  (Read 1581 times)

Description:

Offline x56h34Topic starter

• Show only replies by x56h34
GlQuakeWOS & BlitzQuake_wos
« on: November 19, 2003, 04:03:59 PM »
I've only managed to get GLQuakeWOS 1.09 beta 10 working, however
BlitzQuake_wos simply won't budge. Does anyone have any tips on
getting it to work? WarpUP/3D settings?

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
Re: GlQuakeWOS & BlitzQuake_wos
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 04:06:51 PM »
i use blitzquake ,and its far superiour than glquake..

anyway it works ONLY on Voodoo Cards , bvision and cybervision etc wont work with it..

cheers
Whats up with all the hate!

Offline Ryu

• Show only replies by Ryu
    • http://www.intuitionbase.com
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2003, 04:14:09 PM »
such a pity blitzquake wont work on B/Cvisions :-( it totally rocks compaired with GLQuakeWOS.
Yours
Darren aka Ryu
-----------------------------
www.IntuitionBase.com
My Amiga 1200 webserver

Offline x56h34Topic starter

• Show only replies by x56h34
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2003, 04:58:15 PM »
I have a Voodoo 3 3000 PCI card, but Wos crashes every time I try to run BlitzQuake_wos. I also increase stack before I run it to 800000.

Lempkee, is there anything that I'm missing?

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2003, 03:37:18 AM »
Does BlitzQuake die on CVision/BVision because people try to use features beyond the Permedia2's feature set?

Things to note (I have learned far more about the P2 than I ever wanted to ;-) ):

The Permedia2 does not do chromatic blending. Hence all quake2 style coloured lighting (achieved by multiplictavely blending an RGB texture map in a second pass)  will not work.

The Permedia2 does not do MIP mapping. Therefore any minification filtering using MIP maps will not work.

If the engine has been written in an 'assumes the following features' kind of way, rather than properly querying capabilities problems may arise.
int p; // A

Offline AmigaMance

• Show only replies by AmigaMance
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 11:09:32 AM »
 I have a BVision and it crash here too, when i double-click the game's icon. It produce a PPC exception window to be precise. Well, i tried to run it under MorphOS and it runs without problems!
 So, what could be the cause of this problem? Why it runs under MorphOS but not under AOS 3.x, while it's a Warp executable? And it's not the only case. Iirc, cyberlemings and another program which i can't remember behaves exactly the same.
A1200 PPC user.

Offline nasty

• Show only replies by nasty
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 11:21:48 AM »
whenever I try to run quakewos (free version on the 2nd nightlong CD and using clickbooms Quakewos) the game loads for about 2 secs and then quits and gives me this error "I_Error: Bad Surface Extents disconnecting from server......."

Also whenever I try to run the heretic2demo I get this error message "Bad Blocklights Size"

I've also tryed both GlQuakeWOS & BlitzQuake_wos and they dont do anything, but i can run the quake 68k version

Specs:
A1200PT, mediator c/w voodoo 3 2000, sb128, 60G HDD,OS3.9,LITEON CDR, nec 4x4 changer,External Scan Doubler,Cocolino adapter,PS2 keyboard adaptor.

Morphos 2.6, mini mac g4 @ 1.25ghz.

Offline nasty

• Show only replies by nasty
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 03:49:35 PM »
Does anyone know what these errors mean

1)"I_Error: Bad Surface Extents disconnecting from server......."

2)"Bad Blocklights Size"
Specs:
A1200PT, mediator c/w voodoo 3 2000, sb128, 60G HDD,OS3.9,LITEON CDR, nec 4x4 changer,External Scan Doubler,Cocolino adapter,PS2 keyboard adaptor.

Morphos 2.6, mini mac g4 @ 1.25ghz.

Offline Robert17

• Show only replies by Robert17
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 05:33:41 PM »
GLQuakeWOS runs with all the smootness of an arthritic ball and socket joint on my 604 233mhz with CVisionPPC...

/plea
SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE A BETTER GLQUAKE FOR NON VOODOO USERS!
/plea mode off

I'm sure the Permedia 2 can do much better that 17fps in 640x480 :p
Member of the Lincs Amiga Group, UK :-)

Offline AmigaMance

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 11:57:03 AM »
I have a BVision and it crash here too, when i double-click the game's icon. It produce a PPC exception window to be precise. Well, i tried to run it under MorphOS and it runs without problems!
So, what could be the cause of this problem? Why it runs under MorphOS but not under AOS 3.x, while it's a Warp executable?

It seems that nobody knows the cause. I call it a mystery then! :-)
A1200 PPC user.

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 01:04:35 PM »

Robert17 wrote:
GLQuakeWOS runs with all the smootness of an arthritic ball and socket joint on my 604 233mhz with CVisionPPC...

/plea
SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE A BETTER GLQUAKE FOR NON VOODOO USERS!
/plea mode off

I'm sure the Permedia 2 can do much better that 17fps in 640x480 :p

Try dropping your workbench screensize to 640x480 *before* starting the game. This will free up valuable VRAM for textures. Remember, the Permedia2 has only 8MB of VRAM for everything - framebuffers, Z buffer and textures.

int p; // A

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 01:13:42 PM »
@AmigaMance
So, what could be the cause of this problem? Why it runs under MorphOS but not under AOS 3.x, while it's a Warp executable? And it's not the only case. Iirc, cyberlemings and another program which i can't remember behaves exactly the same.

MorphOS has highly advanced WarpOS and Warp3D wrapper libraries that in fact are more compatible and less buggy than the originals. That's probably why these apps/games work under MorphOS.

Another option is that the programs fail to obtain some resource or library under your AOS 3.x setup, and instead of cleaning up nicely they just crash. In this case you could try SnoopDOS to see if something obvious is failing before the crash.

Offline Framiga

• Show only replies by Framiga
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 01:25:56 PM »
sorry for the OT (maybe someone else interested)

I have the W3D out of the Classic package, installed on MOS-PuP. (CVPPC here).

Now, if i want to see ALL the W3D stuff (FreespaceDemo w3d demos etc) i MUST run SnoopDOS before!!!! otherwise most of the times(99%), all w3d apps doesn't starts :-/

The only thing i guess, is that SnoopDos slows down the W3D loading . . . any idea why?

Thanks in advance

Offline AmigaMance

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 03:15:55 PM »
MorphOS has highly advanced WarpOS and Warp3D wrapper libraries that in fact are more compatible and less buggy than the originals. That's probably why these apps/games work under MorphOS.

I don't know what a wrapper library is, but my WarpOS and Warp3D libraries that i have installed on the MorphOS partition were copied for my AOS one. So, they are identical. And so are the WarpOS/3D settings

Another option is that the programs fail to obtain some resource or library under your AOS 3.x setup, and instead of cleaning up nicely they just crash. In this case you could try SnoopDOS to see if something obvious is failing before the crash.

SnoopDos doesn't show that there is something missing.
A1200 PPC user.

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006, 05:27:52 PM »
@AmigaMance
I don't know what a wrapper library is, but my WarpOS and Warp3D libraries that i have installed on the MorphOS partition were copied for my AOS one. So, they are identical. And so are the WarpOS/3D settings

Unless if you copied the 68k files to SYS:MorphOS/Libs/, MorphOS uses its' own wrapper libraries found there, rather than the 68k ones. Libraries in SYS:MorphOS/Libs have precedence over SYS:Libs ones. MorphOS WOS/W3D wrapper libraries ignore WOS/W3D settings (env variables) as they're irrelevant for MorphOS.

If you indeed did really replace the MOS libs then I can't possibly explain it.