Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More Help On ADF files and ADFBlitzer.lha !!!!  (Read 1132 times)

Description:

Offline X-SAS-HighlanderTopic starter

• Show only replies by X-SAS-Highlander
More Help On ADF files and ADFBlitzer.lha !!!!
« on: June 20, 2003, 06:11:45 PM »
Hey all. Im making great progress with my amiga but am now stuck trying to extract ADFBlitzer.lha which i downloaded from the amiga classic web site. I can extract lha files without a problem but the ADFBlitzer.lha filename is displayed as ADFBli~1.lha and i dont have a ~ on my amiga !!  I think its something to do with saving the file on a MS_DOS formatted disk so that i could transfer it from my PC onto my amiga via cross dos. I want adf blitzer as Dave the amiga central administrator says that in can convert adf files back onto amiga files that i can then run on the amiga without the need for an emulator. this sounds cool and it would be great to be able to download software of the web on my PC and then to use it on my amiga A1200. Again all help is appreciated and maybe someday i can give a little back into the community to ensure that the Amiga lives FOREVER :-)

Offline alx

Re: More Help On ADF files and ADFBlitzer.lha !!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2003, 06:31:20 PM »
Are you sure that you don't have a tilde?  On my A1200, it's a dark grey button on the top-left, just under escape (not where you'd expect!)

If all else fails, just open the drawer where it is and right click and select Window -> Show -> All files.  Then double-click on the icon, and there will be a box with the name already in - just add "lha x" etc.  Or just rename the file :-)

Offline Ni72ous

• Show only replies by Ni72ous
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2003, 06:37:30 PM »
I can extract lha files without a problem but the ADFBlitzer.lha filename is displayed as ADFBli~1.lha and i dont have a ~ on my amiga !!

Just rename it to the original name "ADFBlitzer.lha" it should extract then.
Ni72ous

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2003, 06:55:48 PM »
Damn i didnt see the tilda over there. :-) Tryed both methods and i just get a message saying that no files were extracted.Operation successfull. !! . Hugh sigh.  Whats up with that ?

Offline alx

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2003, 07:08:00 PM »
I've had that before - IIRC it might be a corrupt archive and you could try redownloading and copying across on another disk.  I personally use ADF2Disk - a tiny little command that transfers them to real disks.

Offline Ni72ous

• Show only replies by Ni72ous
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2003, 07:10:05 PM »
Try using unlha or magellan explorer on the pc to extract it, if that dont work then it would seem the archive is corrupt.
Ni72ous

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2003, 07:16:00 PM »
Doh the file was still zipped. I extracted the file onto an amiga MS_Dos formmatted floppy using winzip on my pc and then extracted the files and ran the program ion my amiga with lha no problem :-) Im getting there slowly.

Offline Jose

• Show only replies by Jose
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2003, 08:22:41 PM »
Try this:
Press first alt then J without dropping alt. Then drop the keys and press space.
\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"