Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I'm happy - but need advice on something...  (Read 2393 times)

Description:

I'm happy - but need advice on something...
« on: October 28, 2002, 11:20:08 PM »
 :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D

Hurrah!  I've got the DV-in enabled on my Panasonic DV camera!  The bloody thing came (as do most DV-camcorders in the UK - even the EU) with it's DV-in feature disabled.  Something to do with the fact that import duty on camcorders with DV-in is much higher, as they are classed as recorders, not just camcorders.  But hey, what's this?  Change a few bytes of flash eeprom via a serial link to my peecee, and hey presto - have a camcorder with DV-in!  Hurrah!  

However - I'd like to have a go at vid editing using the amiga/amiga emulators - just for a laff.  Does anyone know of any good editing proggies, and also if you will ever be able to link up a firewire camera to a miggy? (emulated or not).  You may be able to at the moment - I just dont know.....)

I'd like to have a go at it for curiosity's sake.

Cheers!

Offline Oli_hd

• Show only replies by Oli_hd
Re: I'm happy - but need advice on something...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2002, 11:52:34 PM »
Hi,

Does anyone know of any good editing proggies

Well ImageFX can do some quite cool special effects, You have to convert the file into mpeg first though (Do some camcorders record in Mpeg? I think they do)
I know software came with the Vlab Motion, I doubt that would work but you never know...

and also if you will ever be able to link up a firewire camera to a miggy?

Well most probably it would be easyer to get a USB one..
Otherwise a PCI card may be easy to do, If you can write drivers...
There are Firewire chips for the 68K range though so a Zorro card could be done.

I'd like to have a go at it for curiosity's sake.

Have a look on Texas Industrys web site, They have Firewire chips..

Re: I'm happy - but need advice on something...
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2002, 01:20:55 AM »
bit involved for the sake of curiosity, but interesting none the less.  Ah well... better stick to Adobe Premiere I s'pose then :-)