Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Installing 3.2 on UAE problem with Locale3.2.adf file  (Read 1954 times)

Description:

Offline bradhansen1Topic starter

• Show only replies by bradhansen1
Installing 3.2 on UAE problem with Locale3.2.adf file
« on: June 17, 2021, 11:55:30 PM »
Hello All, received my copy of AmigaOS 3.2 and transferred ADF files to a thumb dive and
using them to install AmigaOS 3.2 on UAE. Updating over an A1200 3.1.4 installation,
Installer works find until it get to asking for the "Amiga Locale" file. The installer can't
recognize the Locale3.2.adf file.  the Locale file ADF given with the standard install adf"s
isn't recognized and the one included with all the other countries, Locale-EN is also not recognized.
Had a similar issue when installing to a real issue but it got resolved.  But this won't be.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Brad Hansen

Offline bubbob42

Re: Installing 3.2 on UAE problem with Locale3.2.adf file
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 06:41:04 PM »
Did you boot from Install3.2 disk/adf? If not, please try and repeat the installation.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 06:49:55 PM »
Hi, and thanks for the advice. But when thinking back about the issue when it occurred on my
real Amiga, I realized it was the same issue on both Real and UAE installs. On my real Amiga the
problem occurred when I tried to upgrade over an existing install. In that case a 3.1 installation.
on the UAE it was over a 3.1.4 installation but the same issue. I solved the issue on my real Amiga
but installing on a newly Formatted drive. So I will not try that on the UAE.
Brad Hansen

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 07:31:31 PM »
Okay, So here is how I resolved the issue.  I was running my Amiga Systems with my DH0: drive as "System"
Reformatted and named the drive "Workbench" and everything went off without a hitch.
Brad Hansen

Offline trekiej

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 06:23:33 AM »
I had a problem with Locale too. I did use the label System as a drive name.
I reformatted the drive and installed EN only as locale and it worked.

This is done on Winuae 4.4.0 64 bit exe. I think this version as problems.
Amiga 2000 Forever :)
Welcome to the Planar System.

Offline TribbleSmasher

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2021, 10:50:35 AM »
This doesn't sound right if the installer really requires a specific naming scheme for your partitions, usually its 'guessbootdevice' should find the system partition without hickups.
Okay, So here is how I resolved the issue.  I was running my Amiga Systems with my DH0: drive as "System"
Reformatted and named the drive "Workbench" and everything went off without a hitch.
Brad Hansen

Offline AndyFC

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2021, 09:12:16 AM »
I've installed 3.2 with the English(British) locale on my real A1200 (upgrade applied to ClassicWB, using PFS) and in WinUAE (brand new HDF file with FFS) and not had a problem. My DH0: is called 'System' on both.
A1200 in DIY Tower. 3.2 ROMs (softkicking 3.2.2), OS 3.2.2 with ClassicWB, CF card, CD RW and IDE to SD adapter running off the internal IDE port (using the A4000 4-port IDE adapter from Amigakit), Pistorm 32 lite with Pi4/2GB/Emu68 or Blizzard 1230-IV, with 32MB 60ns RAM and 50MHz 68882 FPU. 3COM PCMCIA Network card running with Miami DX.
MorphOS on PowerMac G5 and ATI 9600 pro