Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Imagine v5 & MorphOS  (Read 5476 times)

Description:

Offline jaesonkTopic starter

• Show only replies by jaesonk
Imagine v5 & MorphOS
« on: March 14, 2021, 08:32:16 PM »
Anyone have Imagine running with MorphOS? 

I own versions 2 through 5.x and still have all my disks.  I can transfer disk contents from CD backups, but is there any way to read Amiga disks directly on my PowerBook G4 with a USB drive?

On my first tries with Imagine5, it just doesn't launch.  No messages or anything.  I may be missing something on the install or need to adjust config settings.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Jaeson

Offline TribbleSmasher

Re: Imagine v5 & MorphOS
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 08:43:34 PM »
USB-drive and Amigafloppies is a no.
Otherwise your problem is emulation related. I don't heard of any MorphOS version of Imagine.

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 02:39:12 AM »
Some progress with ImagineV5 and MOS.

After reviewing the release notes for all V5.x ACUP releases, I discovered that V5.14 and newer requires a PPC (CyberStormPPC or BlizzardPPC) & latest version of WarpUP software.  I've been trying to get V5.17 going on my MOS and if there's no support for PPC & WarpUP emulation then that's why it wasn't working for me.

I installed V5.13 and Imagine opens up.  It still complains because I need to remove other V5.17 bits, but it opens and I could go between various editors.  I need to set up a clean install of V5.13 and go from there.

Jaeson

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 03:23:39 AM »
MorphOS can run WarpOS software, so if v5.17 isn't working it's probably not due to a fundamental incompatibility, just a bug.

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 04:10:59 AM »
Is WarpUP built into MOS or does it need to be installed?  If it needs to be installed, I haven't done that, and that could be why my v5.17 won't work.

Jaeson

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 04:39:51 PM »
It's built in.