Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amigamaniac  (Read 29013 times)

Description:

Offline Bamiga2002

• Show only replies by Bamiga2002
    • http://rutinskiband.net
Re: Amigamaniac
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2012, 09:18:36 PM »
Quote from: GeneralLee;717491
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

nacad@amigamaniac.com

This gets better and better..

On Amigamaniac's contact-page it reads:

"Sorry everyone, I've had to delete yet another webmail account as some lovely person has been inserting my e-mail address as the return path for mass spamming :-S I'll set up another e-mail address and post it here once I've completed all the back orders. *If you are still waiting for your order, I will e-mail you shortly, after which you will have my new e-mail address ;-)"
CD32
A500

Offline Lurch

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Lurch
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2012, 07:30:05 AM »
I think leaving the guy alone and let him get on with it. There's no scam going on here, he's had some problems and he's doing the best he can to set things straight.

It would be a shame to loose Nathan from the community, the prices and hardware top notch.
-=[LurcH]=-
A500 Plus Black 030@40MHz 128MB | A1200T 060@80MHz 320MB | Pegasos II G4@1GHz 1GB  | Amiga Future Sub

Offline midway

• Show only replies by midway
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2012, 05:51:22 AM »
Yes I did. I think you have up to 45 days. I understand that health is a precious good and the lack of it can screw things up really fast. Doing a business today stands and falls with communication, which is a little more fastpaced these days due to internet.

Hope Nathan will get better, good luck to everyone!

Offline alc

• Show only replies by alc
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2013, 10:15:21 PM »
Has anyone got a working email address? I honestly don't mind the wait that much but I'd at least like to know that he's alive and still aware I'm waiting. I'm as patient as they come but it's been nearly a year now.

Offline nishtek

• Show only replies by nishtek
    • http://www.nishtek.com
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2013, 11:19:34 PM »
He may as well be dead...  how much longer do i have to wait for those RGB adapters?  its been at least 7 months now???
And it has been paid in full - Nathan if you can't deliver in that time frame then refund my and other people's money!
----
Nishtek.com

Offline terminator4

• Show only replies by terminator4
    • http://none
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2013, 02:44:32 PM »
@alc

same here.  now there's no contact, no updates on status of my order and this really bites.  spend over $100 ...  where is my stuff now?  approaching 1 year.  if he cannot fulfill orders in timely fashion he should refund people's money or provide updates???  sell what you have in stock ready to ship don't pre-order from people.

Offline tasmanian guy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by tasmanian guy
    • http://www.amigaformat.com
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2013, 05:43:31 AM »
Nathan Cadwallen <nacad@amigamaniac.com> has disappeared.

I've waited almost 2 years for a working RGB adapter and a whole heap of other stuff, over $60 worth now.

I really want my money back....any ideas on how to get it back now!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 05:56:28 AM by tasmanian guy »
Amiga 1200 1U Rack project

Offline djos

• Show only replies by djos
    • http://users.adam.com.au/djorlc/
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2013, 05:51:41 AM »
Quote from: tasmanian guy;725637
Nathan Cadwallen <nacad@amigamaniac.com> has disappeared.

I've waited almost 2 years for a working RGB adapter and a whole heap of other stuff, over $100 worth now.

I really want my money back....any ideas on how to get it back now!

Bank Reversal - put in a claim that goods not received (assuming you paid with a CC via PayPal you'll get your money back).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Amiga 1200 w/ ACA1220 16Mhz 128MB w/ RTC, 4GB CF-HDD, Roland MT-32 MIDI Synthesiser
Amiga 500 w/ KS2.05, 1Mb Chip-Ram, CF-IDE w/4MB Fast-Ram, FDD Boot Selector, HxC RevC Floppy emulator
Commodore 64 w/ 1541 Ultimate-II inc Tape Adapter, JiffyDOS, 1541 Disk Drive, 1531 Datasette, Flyer Net Modem

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2013, 06:18:18 AM »
Wow what a shame... His products were good. I got one of his rgb to svideo adapaters is anyone would like to buy one and have it shipped the next day, let me know... I got it when I still had classic amigas, tried it but didn't use it past that... 50$ by paypal shipped anywhere in the continental us, and I promise you I will ship it the next day after you pay and give you usps tracking info...

I don't have a classic amiga anymore but I was holding on to it just in case. Does not look like I will go back to classics, so if someone wants it, like I said can ship it for you the day after paypal payment is received. PM me for paypal info...

Steven

Offline Lurch

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2013, 10:48:27 PM »
Hope he is okay, he was having health issues. Had many a good conversation with him via email.

:-(
-=[LurcH]=-
A500 Plus Black 030@40MHz 128MB | A1200T 060@80MHz 320MB | Pegasos II G4@1GHz 1GB  | Amiga Future Sub

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2013, 12:29:57 AM »
Hmmm this thread is starting to worry me. Nathan was cool and very responsive when i did business with him about 3 years ago. He even had a bunch of new projects in the works. There must be something really wrong. :( Is there anyone nearby that could find out if he is ok?
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline midway

• Show only replies by midway
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2013, 04:51:04 AM »
Its unfortunate for the amiga community.

I dont know why but so far I never was able to get anything reasonable from that region of the world. nathan, and another guy from australia trying to sell a cpu board

First taking weeks to reply to a pm, then coming up with a lame excuse being away( although he logged in the forum daily) and then saying the deal has to be done within 24 hours...should have just realised then to give the boot to that chap)

Sorry needed to vent and that has nothing to do with nathan.

Hope nathan gets his act together.

Best we leave him alone for some time.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 04:57:11 AM by midway »

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2013, 05:59:41 AM »
Several people have asked about the rgb to svideo adapter from him I have that I'm willing to sell. Someone even requested pics, which I sent... First pm who says they want it and will send paypal gets it. Will ship the next day.
This was tested when it arrived, worked great but never really used....

Otherwise, I'll just hold on to it for if/when I get a a classic amiga again...

Offline Lurch

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2013, 08:36:39 AM »
Nathan is a straight up person who is just a one man band who was over whelmed by the number of orders.

However his current behavior is not normal, and he was unwell for sometime I just hope that nothing serious has happened to him.
-=[LurcH]=-

Offline Xanxi

• Show only replies by Xanxi
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2013, 08:51:39 AM »
Don't we have a phone number to call him?
Now that international land line calls are almost free for everyone, it would be better than just worrying on the forum.
10 Classic Amiga Computers so far: I have too many computers!!

Offline GeneralLee

• Show only replies by GeneralLee
« Reply #44 from previous page: March 05, 2013, 04:51:29 PM »
Calling him is proabably an good idea... As I haven't got any email from him with his new address I totaly consider him an liar and a theif. DO NOT BUY anything from him ..