Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Strange behaviour within WINuae  (Read 1446 times)

Description:

Strange behaviour within WINuae
« on: April 20, 2003, 12:49:17 PM »
I upgraded from my cloanto amiga forever 4 to the latest WINuae (Actually, I have upgraded a few times) but since I have been trying recent WINuae versions, I have a problem with mouse input.

If I click or use the menu, or tool manager Dock, then the mouse works, and double clicks ok.

However, icons on workbench are not double clickable. Clicking twice on disk or other icons merely lights up the icon. To open such icons I have to use the workbench menu option 'open' and its driving me nuts. :)

If anyone has seen this, or knows why, I'd like to fixd it. Either that or my emulator will gather more dust!

Thanks

Offline Hooligan_DCS

• Show only replies by Hooligan_DCS
Re: Strange behaviour within WINuae
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2003, 12:57:00 PM »
I have used UAE a lot and have never experienced such behaviour. Does this happen with only one version, or in all starting from certain version?
I suggest you try installing older version known to work and see if its the mouse, or maybe even some installed tool causing it.

Offline Thomas

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2003, 01:52:53 PM »

After updating WinUAE you have to check all the options. Older config files usualy are not fully compatible with newer WinUAE versions. Especialy on the CPU page, check that "fastest possible but maintain chipset" is enabled. And set up some JIT cache.

Bye,
Thomas

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2003, 12:56:38 AM »
ok, thanks for the help. Looks like maintain compatability does the trick.

Thanks
AdmV