Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BOH ADVANCE released  (Read 5290 times)

Description:

Offline WeiXing3D

• Show only replies by WeiXing3D
Re: BOH ADVANCE released
« Reply #14 from previous page: March 17, 2018, 05:30:36 AM »
Quote from: saimo;837397
That's the install script. What I'm referring to is the AmigaOS Installer tool (search in C:, SYS:System, SYS:Utilities, SYS:Tools).

Sorry to be a pest. I found the Install tool in C: but what it's the argument to use in the execute command line. Install.........?

In my case I extracted the game to RAM: where I have the "BOH" drawer. RAM: BOH/Install-AmigaOS   in my case.
Amiga 1200 fully loaded by Aclii.
AmigaONE X5000 with OS4.1 FE
FPGA Arcade board in miniITX case with AmigaOS3.9 and WB 3.1.
MorphOS 3.9 in Mac Mini G4 1.5GHz, PowerBook & Power Mac G5
Acer Aspire One with AROS Icaros Desktop 2.1.1 &
MiST FPGA Minimig Amiga AGA Workbench 3.9 PFS3 configuration.

Offline saimoTopic starter

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2018, 01:08:49 PM »
Quote from: WeiXing3D;837439
Sorry to be a pest. I found the Install tool in C: but what it's the argument to use in the execute command line. Install.........?
Install is a legacy command that makes floppies bootable. The file to search for is Installer.
You don't need to call it manually: as long as it's in your commands path, it will be called by the system automatically (as it's the default tool in the BOH install script icon).
The problem is that your Installer tool probably can't handle the script, so you need to replace it with a previous version (version 53.9 7.10.2016 works fine).

In my case I extracted the game to RAM: where I have the "BOH" drawer. RAM: BOH/Install-AmigaOS   in my case.
RAM: is a perfect place to start the installation from.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 10:20:44 PM by saimo »
RETREAM - retro dreams for Amiga, Commodore 64 and PC

Offline dandelion

• Show only replies by dandelion
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2018, 09:51:49 PM »
Looks phenomenal. Wish there was a MorphOS version so could join the fun. Thanks for the great work for the platform though.
MorphOS on MacMini
RISC OS on RPi
Dreaming of owning another classic.

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2018, 10:23:15 PM »
Quote from: dandelion;837470
Looks phenomenal.

Thank you!

Wish there was a MorphOS version so could join the fun. Thanks for the great work for the platform though.

Well, the purchase gives access to the versions for all the supported systems (besides AmigaOS and AROS, also Linux, MacOS, and Windows), so it's likely that you can play the game (which is exactly the same on all platforms). If you feel like, try the demo and see for yourself ;)

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
Re: BOH ADVANCE Physical Copy and BOH Deluxe Box
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2018, 03:59:22 PM »
@saimo

i forgot to ask: will the BOH advance update be released to amistore customers?

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Re: BOH ADVANCE Physical Copy and BOH Deluxe Box
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2018, 04:10:25 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;837718
@saimo

i forgot to ask: will the BOH advance update be released to amistore customers?

-- eliyahu

I have provided A-EON with the updated package (before making the release announcement), but I don't know when it will be actually made available to the AmiStore customers. From what you say, it sounds like it hasn't happened yet :/

Offline nicholas

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2018, 11:52:31 PM »
Quote from: saimo;837378
No, sorry: classic Amigas can't handle it.
Also (answering questions asked elsewhere, to offer a more complete picture):
 * a demake would be a different (and lesser game), and I don't want that;
 * I'm not interested in making a demake.
Anyway, the game already runs on 5 differents systems (3 of which are mainstream), so chances are that most of the people interested in the game have a machine that allows to enjoy it ;)

It wouldn't run on UAE?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2018, 07:34:24 AM »
Quote from: nicholas;837752
It wouldn't run on UAE?
I guess it would, but I haven't tried it. Just try the demo: if it works, the game works, too.

BOH Deluxe
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2018, 05:21:10 PM »
Here's an open update about the status of the BOH Deluxe project.

The previous announcement revealed that work was being done on the physical edition of BOH ADVANCE and on a very special deluxe box that included both BOH ADVANCE and the original BOH.
The prototypes looked cool and the quotes obtained from vendors allowed to produce batches of 50 deluxe boxes at just 5.318 euros per box. That made it look possible to offer the customer a fully professional product at a very convenient price. Unfortunately, once the (crazily high Italian) shipping fees, packing materials, VAT, itch.io fee, PayPal/stripe fee, and taxes were factored in, the end user prices sky-rocketed inacceptably: about 32 euros for Italy, 38 euros for Europe, 33 for Africa, Americas, Asia, and 40 for Oceania - and that was without any profit!
Therefore, the project was cancelled.

A lot of work wasted. The bitterness was strong. To alleviate it, an idea came: producing a few special copies just for personal enjoyment and for friends.
After much research, 10 BOH ADVANCE copies were produced using alternative techniques like digital printing for the inlay/booklet, thermal printing for the CD serigraph, and mastering for the CD content. The result was literally excellent. To make the item extra cool, a double-disc transparent case was chosen so that also the original BOH could be included in the case (see picture here and the higher-resolution pictures in the Facebook BOH album).

Holding such a product in the hands suggests three things:
 * a few technical improvements;
 * it is very possible to produce a top quality product at a reasonable price even in very small batches;
 * the lovers of the game should really be given a chance to get hold of a beautiful BOH ADVANCE copy.

Consequently, alternatives to reopen the BOH Deluxe project are being considered. It might happen, it might not. If you're interested, please give your feedback here or by email (boh@retream.com): it will be much appreciated and, more importantly, could help the project succeed!

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
Re: BOH Deluxe
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2018, 11:00:55 PM »
@saimo

i'm still interested -- even if the price was over 30 EUR. ;)

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Re: BOH Deluxe
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2018, 08:57:59 AM »
@eliyahu

Quote from: eliyahu;838625
i'm still interested -- even if the price was over 30 EUR. ;)

Thanks for letting me know! Hopefully, the final price will be much less than that. I'll keep you posted.

@all

somebody by email offered to pre-pay, so let me clarify that I'm not asking for money in advance.