Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaKit.com Product News  (Read 7496 times)

Description:

Offline rockape

• Show only replies by rockape
    • http://lincsamiga.org.uk/
Re: AmigaKit.com Product News
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2016, 09:12:34 AM »
Hi Matthew,

I received my order yesterday and the first thing I did was plug in a "RYS MKII Amiga USB Adapter" into the Mouse Port of my A1200/JAWSMKII system with a modified Tank Mouse (Thanks James) it worked as advertised,.

Plug and Play :)

Regards, Michael

aka rockape
"A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to \'Their Country\' for an amount of \'up to and including their life\'.

Offline amigakitTopic starter

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 09:46:44 AM »
Glad it arrived safely and thanks for the order!
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline TuKo

• Show only replies by TuKo
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 08:12:48 AM »
Hi AmigaKit!

Any news on my A600 recapping service? You confirmed receipt of motherboard two months ago and didn't replied to my support ticket three weeks ago asking for an ETA.

Thanks in advance

Offline Cosmos

• Show only replies by Cosmos
    • http://leblogdecosmos.blogspot.com
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 08:45:20 AM »
Quote from: TuKo;810301
Hi AmigaKit!

Any news on my A600 recapping service? You confirmed receipt of motherboard two months ago and didn't replied to my support ticket three weeks ago asking for an ETA.

Thanks in advance

You should have asked me, I recap & returns the same day I got the card...

Nobody is faster than me !!

:)

Offline TuKo

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 09:01:47 AM »
Quote from: Cosmos;810303
You should have asked me, I recap & returns the same day I got the card...

Nobody is faster than me !!

:)

I'll for sure. I'm learning :-)

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 07:47:27 PM »
@AmigaKit

Are you still interested in selling me a 2.5" IDE two way hard drive cable? I asked you a question on 5th June and sent a sales enquiry message and no response! I was even going to get a 4-player parallel adaptor too :-(

Here's the sales enquiry:

"Thanks. Thinking about it 1.5cm clearance between the motherboard and the hard drive doesn't seem quite enough so I guess that part of the cable should be at least 2.5 cm (1inch) and the distance between the Hard drive and the Atapi Zip drive 44pin connector should be 26cm so a cable of total length 28.5 cm would be fine!"
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 08:38:06 PM »
Hi

I checked for your email but could not find it.  Did you email to noreply email address by any chance ?

Please send me Pmail.  Thanks.

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2016, 09:07:20 PM »
@AmigaKit

Sent a PM almost a week ago and still you don't reply?!

Offline TuKo

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2016, 01:16:58 PM »
Same for me. No answer since last PM.

I'm wondering if my A600 motherboard is lost.

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2016, 01:48:30 PM »
@TuKo

As I mentioned to you on pmail, our technician was away on holiday and he is catching up since returning.  Please use our ticket system to communicate with him, as I dont really want this thread to be further taken off topic.  Thanks.

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2016, 11:45:27 PM »
Just to clarify AmigaKit did reply via PM on here eventually so that is one way to contact them if your standard sales queries fall on deaf ears. Their service is really good though and no complaints normally.

Offline Niding

• Show only replies by Niding
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2016, 03:55:21 AM »
Quote from: BozzerBigD;810640
Just to clarify AmigaKit did reply via PM on here eventually so that is one way to contact them if your standard sales queries fall on deaf ears. Their service is really good though and no complaints normally.

:-)

Aye. I just ordered a bunch of items from Amigakit, and recived them very quickly.

Offline Shamron

• Show only replies by Shamron
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2016, 11:02:19 AM »
I both wrote and tried calling several Amiga companies a few years back, when i found out there all of a sudden was PPC Amigas (Sam's) which was beyond my wildest imagination... And i wanted a FastATA 4000MKIVCF. So i tried calling AMigaKIT and Elbox. (I didn't send a mail or try to make contact through mail, FaceBook, website or similar, more clever places... I was so amazed that i suddenly could get a NEW, FAST Amiga so i lost my brains. Anyways, it wasn't anything important. :-)

I didn't get through to any of them... BUT...(!)

That is ok!

Whenever i picture any Amiga company, making or selling hardware or software, like Elbox and AmigaKIT (but not necessarily Elbox or AmigaKIT!), I "see" a small, one-room shop, on the not so beneficial outskirts of town, with no parking and no room to hang a proper and visible sign. The door is locked and on it hangs a sign "Back in 10 minutes, at the dentist".

The ONE employee, is not there at the moment. The one employee who manages purchases from developers and manufacturers, posting nice pictures and info about the items on the webpage he manages, checks incoming orders, pick the items, packs them, then locks the door again and hang another sign at the door "Back in 20 minutes, at the post office".

When he comes back, he eats a dry muffin and drinks some warm coke while he tries to answer as many mail and forum posts as possible before the clock is half past elleven and he misses the last bus home, so he sleeps on a madrass in the one-room shop.

(/self-preserving-worstpossiblescenario-over)

I am not one who will be upset if i don't get immediate answer from someone who produces or distributes anything Amiga. I consider myself (and us) very, very lucky. Not only to be able to still get both software and hardware for my old Amigas, but to after 30 years, get a 2GHz Amiga with R9 270X graphics, SSD, etc...

I've bought stuff from both AmigaKIT and Elbox and i'm very satisfied with them both.

If i want a computer where i DON'T have to get 4rd/5th mousebutton to work as forward/back in Odyssey myself, and i DEMAND to be answered on the spot when i call support, i'll go back to my pc. :-P

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2016, 10:58:03 PM »
Sorry to have to make this public but I'm struggling to get a quote back for a custom IDE cable with the following specs:

I actually need a 44pin male  (motherboard connector) to 44pin male IDE 2.5" Hard Drive connector to a  40 pin 3.5" male connector for a Zip Drive.     Is this possible? The  spacings seems to be 2cm between the    motherboard  and the 2.5" HD  connector and then 25cm from the 2.5"    44-pin HD  connector to the 3.5"  40-pin Zip drive connector. All the    connectors  seem to be on the same side of the cable. I've got a power    adapter for  the Zip Drive  already sorted.

I've left numerous PMs and I know it's been Summer but still it's been a long time for them to answer!

Offline Acill

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2016, 01:52:26 AM »
AmigaKit is there an issue with online ordering? I have had to send a status request twice now for two separate orders to get them to ship. Now order  41076 is still showing pending since last month.
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics

Offline agami

• Show only replies by agami
    • Twitter
« Reply #29 from previous page: September 03, 2016, 01:58:51 AM »
Quote from: BozzerBigD;813418
Sorry to have to make this public but I'm struggling to get a quote back for a custom IDE cable with the following specs:

I actually need a 44pin male  (motherboard connector) to 44pin male IDE 2.5" Hard Drive connector to a  40 pin 3.5" male connector for a Zip Drive.     Is this possible? The  spacings seems to be 2cm between the    motherboard  and the 2.5" HD  connector and then 25cm from the 2.5"    44-pin HD  connector to the 3.5"  40-pin Zip drive connector. All the    connectors  seem to be on the same side of the cable. I've got a power    adapter for  the Zip Drive  already sorted.

I've left numerous PMs and I know it's been Summer but still it's been a long time for them to answer!

I'm fairly certain all those need to be female.
---------------AGA Collection---------------
1) Amiga A4000 040 40MHz, Mediator PCI, Voodoo 3 3000, Creative PCI128, Fast Ethernet, Indivision AGA Mk2 CR, DVD/CD-RW, OS 3.9 BB2
2) Amiga A1200 040 25MHz, Indivision AGA Mk2 CR, IDEfix, PCMCIA WiFi, slim slot load DVD/CD-RW, OS 3.9 BB2
3) Amiga CD32 + SX1, OS 3.1