Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Games that were never finished and/or released on the Amiga  (Read 3534 times)

Description:

Offline smace

• Show only replies by smace
    • http://soundcloud.com/smace
Re: Games that were never finished and/or released on the Amiga
« Reply #29 from previous page: April 19, 2004, 04:07:49 PM »

manicx wrote:
Another title that was never released was Player Manager 2. Although a title with the same name was released by Anco several years later, the thought of a Dino Dini's PM2 was on the way. According to what we've see for DD PM2, this was going to be one of the greatest Amiga game of all time with unique AI...

Yeah, and Anco even released a "PM2 Extras - The Chase for Glory".. I browsed thru one Amiga Magazine here, and in the ad (for PM2 extras) it says "Got time on your hands?" and you see George Graham infront of a computer, seemingly playing PM2 :)

Also, HMV provides an "Amiga Top 10" list, and just for the sake of nostalgia I'll refer it:

1. SWOS Euro 96, Warner
2. Worms, Ocean
3. Premer Manager 3 Deluxe, Gremlin
4. Tracksuit Manager 2, Alternative
5. SWOS 95/96, Warner
6. Super Skidmarks, Guildhall
7. Ultimate Soccer Manager, Sierra
8. Football Glory, Hit Squad
9. Player Manager 2, Virgin
10. Sensible Golf, Virgin

The mag's from August 1996, and the front page says "TRIUMPH! You can save Amiga! Tell VIScorp what you want... Freepost letter enclosed" :-o

Cheers!

Offline Revolution

• Show only replies by Revolution
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2004, 03:54:22 AM »
I recall that Team17 were working on some kind of kinda top-view game, something to do with Knights in medieval times - Knights and Merchants?. It looked very nice but I never saw it. There were many games with beautiful graphics and screenshots but I never saw them surface, ever.
Might that game have been Tiny Troops?

I remember a whole lot of games which never saw the light of day... most of them have been mentioned (Cyber War, Megarace, and so on). I'll add a few:

- Speris Legacy 2
- Flight of the Amazon Queen (not sure, was this ever released as a full game? I have the demo which lets you meet some of the designers of the game)
- Pussies Galore (Team17 platformer, I saw some screenshots in CD32 Gamer but nothing else ever seen of it)

I'm sure there's lots more....

Offline darksun9210

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2004, 09:38:19 AM »
Flight of the amazon queen... i have the full game on my machine... somewhere... damn these multi gigabyte drives!

i remember seening the screen shots of megarace and drooling slightly. then the bloke who ran the college computer dept. got a copy and installed it on one of the PC's there. my god it was pants. it was just streaming video for the track and a little car sprite that moved left and right... no realtime stuff like wipeout, or hell, lotus2!

then the computer guy got fired for copying games on college premises. tsk tsk tsk...

A500 Vampire2/minimegachip/lazarus/indyECS
A600 Vampire2/604n/subway/IndyECS
A1200 PiStorm32+Pi4/subway/IndyAGA
A3k C=040/CV64-3D/Xsurf100+RRoadUSB/Zoram256/acard scsi-ide-CF/IndyECS,
A4k CSMk3-060/CV64-3D/Xsurf100+RRoadUSB/Bigram256/IndyAGA, mediator+pci cards
CD32 TF360/IndyAGA
Plus an SGI O2 & consoles.

Offline StevenJGoreTopic starter

• Show only replies by StevenJGore
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2004, 10:11:38 AM »
it was just streaming video for the track and a little car sprite that moved left and right... no realtime stuff

Yeah, I seem to remember that there were quite a few titles like that due for release on the CD32... Megarace, Lawn Mower Man, Lost Eden, and Cyberwar were all low-resolution streaming video games. I think that if any of these titles had been finished and released, then the general opinion of reviews would have been "nice graphics, shame about the gameplay".

Offline darksun9210

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2004, 12:57:17 PM »
To be honest, i would have still bought Lost Eden. just for something to go "wow" at after i lent my microcosm disc to a "friend" and it came back with a diry great scratch on it :pissed:

and a pre-rendered game isn't so bad as an adventure game like monkey island etc. etc.

but i was sore at mega race. i love racing games and it made me sick that they could even think to release something like that.

what ever happened to inferno? ok so prerendered cut scenes but i think there was an element of being able to "go do something else" other than play the same piece of video as a mission.

what gets me is, what has happened to the source code for these games? i think magic carpet was pretty near final release, but the basic CD32 isn't gutsy enuff to run it. i'd love to see a miggy "release" of the dusted of source, like that flight sim that CUamiga released from oceans vaults. so what if it needs an 030/040 with 16Mb fast ram. how many users machines don't more than exceed those specs anyway?

once again pie in the sky stuff. i'm going out for a smoke to get my feet back on the ground... but i can dream.... :-D

A500 Vampire2/minimegachip/lazarus/indyECS
A600 Vampire2/604n/subway/IndyECS
A3k C=040/CV64-3D/Xsurf100+RRoadUSB/Zoram256/acard scsi-ide-CF/IndyECS,
A4k CSMk3-060/CV64-3D/Xsurf100+RRoadUSB/Bigram256/IndyAGA, mediator+pci cards
CD32 TF360/IndyAGA
Plus an SGI O2 & consoles.

Offline SKAN

• Show only replies by SKAN
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2004, 03:12:54 PM »
I recall that Team17 were working on some kind of kinda top-view game, something to do with Knights in medieval times - Knights and Merchants?. It looked very nice but I never saw it. There were many games with beautiful graphics and screenshots but I never saw them surface, ever.

I think it had to be named "King of the thieves" by Tadic/Holmes/Brimble  :)
[...emulation is for sissies...]

Offline MAD

• Show only replies by MAD
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2004, 04:38:07 PM »
Hoya!

Would have been probably a number one...

As for SuperCars 3, I persist!
If my memory does not play tricks on me, I think I heard about it in a computer mag...
Reckon I will ask Google... ;-)

As for Gianna Sisters, the game WAS released but after many years. In the mean time, pirates provided...

Be funky

M A D
:afro: AMIGA :afro:
- The Computer With A Soul-

Offline Genocist

• Show only replies by Genocist
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2004, 02:26:44 PM »
Team 17's top down game was Witchwood wasn't it. A zelda clone with great gfx.

G

Offline ACEFNQ

• Show only replies by ACEFNQ
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2004, 03:19:02 PM »
BattleCraft
This game would have helped keep Amiga in the picture at the time but came to a screaming halt when most of the hard work had been done.  Whether Bizzard stopped the author I don't know but they should have supported him and maybe they would have another market, albeit small.  I still have the demo and map builder on my 1200 and fire it up now and then to think what might have been.

ACE