Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I am making a movie. Looking for all video game experts.  (Read 4721 times)

Description:

Offline kd7ota

• Show only replies by kd7ota
    • http://www.qrz.com
Re: I am making a movie. Looking for all video game experts.
« Reply #29 from previous page: August 09, 2004, 08:32:29 PM »
Yea,

The call for selling millions of copies is kinda a bad call as long as the whole 'give your name' to give you credit at the end of the movie..... But to be honest, I think nobody sits down and reads the credits....

And for wasting all that money for founding something that will probably never be possible.....

But I could have sworn my teacher my freshmen year of highschool told me that some smart guy at Nasa was off by a number, and some launch made to mars, it missed it and nearly WASTED millions of dollars for no good reason... But I am not sure if it was announced  to the public, but pretty much it would be the same thing as of now.... Just off by ONE number, and there goes the entire project.... :lol:
-=-=-=-=-=-
Mine!  :-D

Offline minator

• Show only replies by minator
    • http://www.blachford.info
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2004, 09:33:29 PM »
But I could have sworn my teacher my freshmen year of highschool told me that some smart guy at Nasa was off by a number, and some launch made to mars, it missed it and nearly WASTED millions of dollars for no good reason... But I am not sure if it was announced to the public, but pretty much it would be the same thing as of now.... Just off by ONE number, and there goes the entire project....  

I didn't happen once, it's happened on several occasions!
metric-imperial conversions (or lack thereof) have caused a few failures.

A minus sign once took out a rocket!

...and it doesn't just happen to NASA:
http://www.around.com/ariane.html

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2004, 06:05:17 AM »
Woot!

Another DoomMaster Classic for the archives!?

LOL
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline Calen

• Show only replies by Calen
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2004, 01:27:56 PM »
Star Trek Voyager is actually THE BEST of all of the Star Trek Series. Most men do not like Voyager because the captain is a woman. But, Star Trek Voyager actually had the best special effects and the finest cast. Do not get me wrong I love all of the Star Trek Series, but Star Trek Voyager is the Best of the Best.

LOL!  your posts always crack me up. thats good btw  :lol:

/rant

There is a simple reason why the Special FX was better in Voyager than TNG, we are talking close to a 10 year gap here?  FX has moved on a great deal and some things where not possible back in TNG hay day.

And you are being a complete {bleep} to say that because the captain was female they didnt like Voyager, not everyone is that narrow minded Doomy. Everyone has there own opinion on what was was the better show and why, IMO to say one is better over there other simply because of special FX or a female captain is crazy in my book.

but Star Trek Voyager is the Best of the Best. The best Star Trek Captain is Katheryn Janeway who KICKED THE BORGS ARSE when nobody else could !!!!

Have you forgot Picard?   hehe ok select memory loss then.

My fav has to be TNG, not because of the Special FX which seemed cool at the time but for the characters. everyone of them rocked and the stories where fresh.

DS9: it sucked the big one until worf joined then things got interesting, it seemed to be going nowhere until later seasons, then it got interesting and i liked it.
I don't get the Borg stuff though, its like they never existed in that world, yeah right!

Voyager: i probably watched every episode and i liked Janeway as captain, she done a good job. The show seemed to loose it self in a few seasons but overall pretty good.
I put it 2nd, just above DS9.

My all time fav though was B5. Fantastic crew, fantastic FX,  and storylines that put other ScI-Fi shows to shame. (just my opinion though) It just about had everything except a budget to keep going. shame!
It will return in some form soon though :-)

On a slightly different note, IIRC and please correct me if i'm wrong but in the last maybe 2 seasons of Voyager, around the time the special FX was raised a few bars in the show was because some of the B5 crew signed up in that department.

/rant

Offline B00tDisk

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by B00tDisk
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2004, 02:11:54 PM »
Look, the original Star Trek was the best, and any of you considering "working" with Doomy on his "project" should have your heads examined.  Sadly, the thread wherein our resident f------ lunatic stomps around posting "LOLOERS PWN3D!!111oneone" and claiming he's going to destroy a.org with DDos attacks have been removed; if they weren't, I'd link to them or cut and paste them just to remind you all that our friendly Doomy here - while stupid and impotent - at least expressed a desire to wreck the 'site.

Doomy, y'know bud, somewhere a village is missing it's idiot.  Run home boy!  Run!
Back away from the EU-SSR!

Offline B00tDisk

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by B00tDisk
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2004, 02:14:56 PM »

Calen wrote:
My all time fav though was B5. Fantastic crew, fantastic FX,  and storylines that put other ScI-Fi shows to shame. (just my opinion though) It just about had everything except a budget to keep going. shame!
It will return in some form soon though :-)

Dude...Babylon 5 ended because...the story is over!  You know - station blow up go boom?  There's nothing left to tell.  It didn't have anything to do with budget.  The five year story arc ended with the episode "Sleeping in Light", exactly the way JMS wanted it to.  His tepid attempts to "bring it back", with Crusade and Legend of the Rangers fell flat because people knew the damn story was over already.
Back away from the EU-SSR!

Offline Calen

• Show only replies by Calen
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2004, 02:37:45 PM »
The last season may never had happened only because they just secured getting the budget. The had decided to rap it up i guess as they knew that it would be the final season they could do, running out of story maybe.
What im saying is, they almost never even got that done.

The fall of the B5 station isnt directly linked with these spin of shows. Crusade did feature B5 in 1 episode but it had no need whatsoever to do that. They had there own mission to do. B5 is just a station, they still have the whole universe to work with

Both where good shows and Crusade got axed before it had even aired. LOTR was more a one of, it was on the cards to do more if it was popular. sadly that never happened.

The next show will probably be another spin of in the B5 world but JMS isnt saying much about it from what i last read.

Offline DanDude

• Show only replies by DanDude
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2004, 03:36:04 PM »
If I would be making a movie it would be the History of Amiga, and I would have the funds donated to the Classic Amiga Preservation Society Museum.

Frankly, G4-TechTV already covered the history with in-depth material of home and arcade games including video interviews of their authors. GSN (Game Show Network) recently aired their version of the history of the video games of all time.

Why would you want to send the money to NASA?  Isn't the federal government already funding all their missions and other projects and office space?  Aren't they getting money from tours and gifts/merchandise?
#AmIRC
mesra.dal.net or hotspeed.dal.net
irc2.beyondirc.net

Offline FastRobPlus

• Show only replies by FastRobPlus
    • http://bye
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2004, 03:52:37 PM »
All this NASA talk is making me hungry for Space Food Sticks...

Offline MAD

• Show only replies by MAD
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2004, 11:56:58 AM »
Hoya!

The more I learn about DM, the more I think he should be a peecee freak, NOT an Amigan!

Be funky

M A D
:afro: AMIGA :afro:
- The Computer With A Soul-

Offline LP

• Show only replies by LP
    • http://bailout.dk
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2004, 02:16:19 PM »
 :lol:

Offline anakirob

• Show only replies by anakirob
    • http://www.systemofsound.org/
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2004, 06:24:18 AM »
I could video both GODS & SIDEWINDER (I even have the original disks!-) for you. But tell me...
What country am I sending the VHS/DVD to?
USA (your postal service sucks so bad)?
Can't I just MPEG/DivX a scene and ftp it to you (VHS is so low quality that compressed files are not so bad @ all?
Cheers.

Offline that_punk_guy

• Show only replies by that_punk_guy
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2004, 06:42:35 AM »
I can't believe you guys still lap this crap up. :-?

Offline BoingBossTopic starter

• Show only replies by BoingBoss
    • http://home.comcast.net/~doom2fan/
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2004, 08:35:09 AM »
Hi anakirob,

I do also accept TRUE AVI format.  DivX sucks and I like to create my own master video mpgs from an original capture.  It turns out better this way.  You could always burn the AVI to a CD-R or a DVD-R and mail it to me.  If you do a good "kick-ass" job, I will include some of your video and audio footage in the movie.    :-D
My favorite TV shows:  Star Trek Voyager, Forever Knight, Stargate SG1, Married with Children, As Time Goes By, Mr. Bean, Smallville, The Six Million Dollar Man, and Xena

Offline GadgetMaster

• Show only replies by GadgetMaster
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2004, 09:28:29 AM »
Don't worry it's just DM replying to one of his many accounts again.

Offline Linchpin

• Show only replies by Linchpin
    • http://www.systemmedic.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2004, 11:39:00 AM »
Omg... this gets better and better!

Doomy - i have some footage of the game Bedroom Olympics, any chance of getting it on the film?

Cheers

Kev
WinUAE Only... OS3.9 with 512mb ZIII ram ;)