Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Which of these enemies were not in AB3D I?  (Read 777 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
Which of these enemies were not in AB3D I?
« on: June 21, 2012, 06:54:49 PM »
Can you guys tell me which of these enemies show up in Alien Breed 3D part I and which ones do not?

I need to know this for my project, and I'm afraid I've not fully completed AB3D yet and I don't want to watch the entire Run Through video on Youtube as it would spoil all the great surprises!

Thankx!

Sorry about the image quality, I tried to reduce the file size here at the library, and MS Paint stripped the image of half it's colors.

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?kxkz9ngb3gefjw9
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
Re: Which of these enemies were not in AB3D I?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 07:09:19 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;697390
Can you guys tell me which of these enemies show up in Alien Breed 3D part I and which ones do not?

I need to know this for my project, and I'm afraid I've not fully completed AB3D yet and I don't want to watch the entire Run Through video on Youtube as it would spoil all the great surprises!

Thankx!

Sorry about the image quality, I tried to reduce the file size here at the library, and MS Paint stripped the image of half it's colors.

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?kxkz9ngb3gefjw9

From left to right:

The first creature appears (grey thing, one eye, two tentacles).

number 3 (big robot thing) I believe. There's a big robot thing you fight, but Im usually running away too fast to get a good glimpse :)

Number 4 (little red critters) obviously

Number 6 and 7 (the alien trooper types)

The green'ish ant-looking creature in the middle (2 antennae on its head, to the left of a flying creature)

The beholder looking creature two spots to the right

The final battle is against 2 huge red creatures but I don't remember which ones they are.

Hope that helps.

edit: the green critter number 2 from the far right, looks like the aliens from the non 3D alien breed games, appears in the demo of alien breed 3D, but never in the final game for some reason.

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 07:23:40 PM »
Thankx, that helps!

As for the little "Green Critter" he's going to be making a come back as per request on Aros-exec.org. ;)
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 07:27:55 PM »
excellent! :) I always thought it was weird they did not have more links to the 2D games.

Offline Lord Aga

• Show only replies by Lord Aga
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 07:30:38 PM »
All righty, let's take a shot :)
From left, to right:
Turd NO, shark NO, robot NO, red howler YES, big red monster NO, alien trooper YES, alien trooper YES, red guy NO, green guy NO, green gut with flash NO, green guy with human arms NO, skinny green guy NO, purple guy NO, worm monster YES, head with hands NO (it's from AB3DII TKG), head with eyes YES, eyebal for a head guy NO, red wingy alien (final boss) YES, alien trooper YES, gigeresque alien NO, alien trooper YES.

But... you have four alien troopers. As I recall there were only three of them. Pulse rifle trooper, shotgun trooper and plasma gun trooper.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong somewhere. Let us help our friend :)
Glory to the loud-mouthed Scotsman !

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 07:34:07 PM »
yeah, I dont know if there were actually 4 alien troopers in the game either. An unused sprite somewhere?

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 08:08:38 PM »
Good good!!! This is great news! I'm glad to hear that more of these sprites were not present in the game than I had once thought. That leaves more room for the colors in the palette, as well as room to spare for those extra enemies I wish to include for the later levels, or to include in higher difficulty settings. :)