Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Amiga Hardware Arrived TODAY!!!  (Read 1039 times)

Description:

Offline amigadaveTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
New Amiga Hardware Arrived TODAY!!!
« on: May 30, 2007, 09:14:34 AM »
Hey everyone,

My Titanium PowerBook died (again, but this time I think maybe for good, as it was smoking when my wife unplugged it and I can't get it to boot up), so I purchased a new MacBook, black w/ 2.??gHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 2GB RAM.  I also purchased Parallels Desktop for Mac to load other OS's, such as Windows XP, Windows 98SE, or Linux that can run at the same time as MacOSX.

This will allow me to run any OS I could want on this mighty laptop.  Including my favorite OS, AmigaOS3.9 via WinUAE/Amiga Forever Premium Edition.

It is also getting a GPS receiver and software to act as my navigator on long trips across the USA to destinations unknown.

I really love the looks and feel of this MacBook, even better than my Titanium PowerBook, which was a nice computer for a long time.

With the built-in iSight camera, my ugly mug may be showing up on some screens of relatives and friends with Skype.

Before I go, I must tell you all the great news!  I have resigned from what I thought was my "Dream Job" that I had worked so hard for so long to attain.  "Director of Building & Safety, Chief Building Official for the City of Big Bear Lake, my home town where I had grown up and always wanted to return.

Well, I had a huge difference of opinion with the City Manager and decided that I could not work under the circumstances presented to me. So I resigned and last Friday was my official last day of employment as the Director of the Bldg & Safety Department.  

You ask why I said this is great news???  Well, about 3 weeks ago, after I had given my letter of resignation, I suggested to the Director of Finance, who is also in charge of the IT department (one person who keeps the network and email working), I suggested that I would work from home via a virtual network connection, working on the City's computer system for permit tracking, business licenses and expand the use of the program into the Planning Dept.  I under bid the existing consultants and was offered the contract last week.  I have signed it and will drop it off tomorrow.

I am giving you all this long and boring history because I owe my new found good luck to have this contract all to the Amiga computer, where I learned everything I know about using computers, and led to this opportunity.  I have only completed two junior college classes on computers and they were taken over 16 years ago.  I have no other formal college training on computers, and yet, because of my experience which started on my Amiga 1000 in 1987, I am now an independent computer consultant/programmer, who is able to work from home, make my own hours and schedule and just turn in a bill at the end of each month.

LIFE IS GOOD!  Amiga is great!  :-D
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline uncharted

• Show only replies by uncharted
Re: New Amiga Hardware Arrived TODAY!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 09:29:40 AM »
Congrats.