Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Introducing MultiViewer & MultiViewerNG  (Read 3968 times)

Description:

Offline amigakitTopic starter

Introducing MultiViewer & MultiViewerNG
« on: June 03, 2015, 12:08:24 PM »
Introducing MultiViewer & MultiViewerNG
The ultimate Classic & Next-Generation AmigaOS file viewer
Cardiff 3rd June 2015

A-EON Technology Ltd is pleased announce the imminent release of  MultiViewer and MultiViewerNG, its advanced file viewer utility for Classic and Next-Generation AmigaOS systems.

As part of our ongoing commitment to developing quality software content for Classic and Next-Generation AmigaOS systems we contracted freelance AmigaOS developer Andy Broad and set him the challenge of creating the ultimate AmigaOS file viewer utility. We gave him outline specifications and the freedom to build the programme from the ground-up. Our only stipulation were that the software must integrate with our other A-EON Technology applications such as Personal Paint & ImageFX and to make sure that, wherever possible, the Classic version had most  of the features of Next-Generation version.

We are please to report that Andy has exceeded all of our expectations and the result is MultiViewer  a flexible application for viewing any type of file supported by the datatypes system. Two versions are being released: MultiViewer for the Classic AmigaOS and MultiViewerNG for the latest AmigaOS 4.1 systems.

Both of these programs provide the AmigaOS with many additional features, such as a tool bar, image scaling, slideshow mode together with file and image editing hotlinks to programs such as NotePad ,Personal Paint, etc. Both versions of MultiViewer may be run from the Workbench or from the shell. The programs behaviour is controlled by a range of options which may be defined as Tooltypes or command line switches. Default settings are loaded from the tooltypes in the main programs icon. A powerful ARexx interface and Scripting menu provides even more options. The default settings can be modified by the tooltypes in the projects icon or the switches and options provided on the command line. Additional tooltypes allow the defining of external editors and scripts which may be executed from a custom script menu. Once MultiViewer is running, additional features may be controlled via the tool bar, menu and keyboard shortcuts and multiple files. Full Ringhio support is also included and the NG version also includes multiple Tabs and the ability to view AMIStore screenshots.

We asked Andy to comment on his six months MultiViewer development effort. "It's been an interesting challenge exploring both the potential and limitations of the datatypes system in order to bring the original concept of MultiView up to date in MultiViewer. An additional challenge was exploiting the significant advances in the AmigaOS 4 Reaction GUI system whilst providing as much functionality in the relatively limited 3.X version as possible."

MultiViewer and MultiViewerNG will be available shortly from AMIStore & Amistore.net

MultiViewer to the future

http://www.a-eon.com

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 02:29:02 PM by amigakit »
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
Re: Introducing MultiViewer & MultiViewerNG
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 12:39:38 PM »
What are differences to Multiview?
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 12:44:04 PM »
Read the press release :)

Some of the differences are:

Toolbar, Slideshow, Arexx Scripts Menu, Search, Search Back/Forward, Crop Images, Compositing support, File Lister, Tabs, Magnify, Rotate image, Watch Drawer, Save as png, ilbm, jpeg etc

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 07:56:32 PM »
GREAT NEWS!!! finally we are getting some much needed software & updates that we can use with all the new hardware

looking forward to updating my classic and NG miggies this weekend
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 07:59:26 PM »
Quote from: klx300r;790531
looking forward to updating my classic and NG miggies this weekend

I don't think it's released yet.  Otherwise I'd be doing it right now.  :lol:
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline amoskodare

• Show only replies by amoskodare
    • http://m4rko.com/amiga
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 10:16:41 PM »

:drink:
C128 + Action Replay, A500+ (KS1.3/KS2.0), A1200, A1200/040, Amiga Forever 2008+09+2016, Amiga Future subscriber, Nokia N900 (Maemo 5), 5 x86/x64 boxes
AmigaOS 4.1 FEu1 on Sam440ep-flex/800MHz/1GB RAM/Radeon 9250 :afro:
AOS4.1 FE Update 1 for Classic (on WinUAE PPC)
m4rko.com/AMIGA

Offline apsturk

• Show only replies by apsturk
    • http://amigaonthelake.com
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 01:45:30 AM »
Thanks again to A-Eon for the commitment they continue to make to the Amiga platform
AmigaOnTheLake.com
AmigaOne X1000 | OS4.1FE | Radeon R9 280X | 480Gb SSD | 4Gb | 27 ViewSonic VP2770|
Amiga 500 | CPU 68010| Megachip 2 meg | Kickstart 3.1 | GVP 500HD+8 ROM 4.15 8 meg fast ram | ECS Indevision | SCSI2SD 4gig | BetterWB 4.0 | CD - Zip drives and Plipbox.
Amiga 1200 | Indivision 1200 AGA MK2cr | CF 4gig | ACA 1233 55.55mhz | OS3.9 | FastATA 1200 MK-V | Rapid Road
2 MorphOS Paid for copies. Running on Mac Mini 1.5Ghz

Offline slayer

• Show only replies by slayer
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 08:45:31 AM »
Excellent!

Popped in to buy but not available yet, will check over the next few days...

Good work to all!
~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in \'Lord of the Rings\'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x

Offline AmiDude

• Show only replies by AmiDude
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 09:07:16 AM »
Quote from: amigakit;790520
Read the press release :)

Some of the differences are:

Toolbar, Slideshow, Arexx Scripts Menu, Search, Search Back/Forward, Crop Images, Compositing support, File Lister, Tabs, Magnify, Rotate image, Watch Drawer, Save as png, ilbm, jpeg etc

That sounds nice, but all these features can also be accomplished with existing (classic) software from the 90's... Why should i buy this?

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 12:01:07 PM »
Quote from: AmiDude;790569
That sounds nice, but all these features can also be accomplished with existing (classic) software from the 90's... Why should i buy this?

Well thats your choice. I for one would rather have one program that does everything, than having to get 10 programs to do the same thing.
This is what the problem is with the amiga today, you end up with lots of programs just to do one thing.
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 03:14:27 PM »
@AmiDude

it's a fair question. i guess it depends on people's work patterns. for me, i'm constantly reviewing multiple text files and/or graphics files in a given directory. being able to use one tool for this would really help me. as it is multiview is used on my machine a ton everyday, so, again, for me this tool is most welcome.

hopefully there are others that feel similarly. :)

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline Gulliver

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 03:54:28 PM »
So it is basically an image viewer/slideshow app + multiview?
So what is new?

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 05:26:36 PM »
And the negativity begins, LOL.

Release it.  I'll buy it.  Can't speak for anyone else, haha.  :lol:
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2015, 05:51:30 PM »
This first release of MultiViewer is a very solid foundation which can be built upon going forward and integrates with some of A-EON's other applications.

The hardest part is done after months of development from the ground up by Andy: MultiViewer is created and will continue to be actively developed.  How many other applications exist in the Amiga world today that are still being maintained?

A-EON announced last year that software development would be the emphasis and these foundations are important to creating more progressive modern software for our Amigas.

Offline AmiDude

• Show only replies by AmiDude
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2015, 06:03:14 PM »
Quote from: F0LLETT;790576
Well thats your choice. I for one would rather have one program that does everything, than having to get 10 programs to do the same thing.
This is what the problem is with the amiga today, you end up with lots of programs just to do one thing.

I have two programs that can do the same thing: DirectoryOpus & Diskmaster.
I've configured it so that if i double click on any file (text, pictures, librarys e.o.),
I can see picture, text or info from versions of librarys and other programs. Heck,
i can even see the contents of lha, lzx, adf and dms archive files by double clicking
on the archive file.
So no need for another expensive "new" multiple viewer.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 06:06:42 PM by AmiDude »