Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: flight sims fans, give your opinion !  (Read 3116 times)

Description:

Offline FuZion

• Show only replies by FuZion
    • http://www.deceptiveaudio.co.uk
Re: flight sims fans, give your opinion !
« Reply #29 from previous page: August 01, 2003, 08:37:46 PM »
I'd have to say I have 3 faves (In alphabetical order):

- Birds of Prey, offers plenty of aircraft, places to fly & is stunning on an 060 with it's light shading (I hadn't seen this before on an Amiga), day time, night time, balls for undercarridge ;-) Never liked the cockpit view, too much dashboard & not enough sky view & shame it didn't have a shadow for the aircraft.

- F/A-18 Interceptor, literally THE pick up & play flight sim, fast smooth, simple, addictive. I only wish Jet Fighter 2 (The almost follow up) had been converted to the Amiga. Never done the Sub mission but still loved it. Even flying up to the "roof" :-D

- TFX, gorgeous looking with it's colours, shades, vapour trails & flying up into & down out of the clouds feels strangley satisfying. Quite smooth on a low-mid GFX quality setting with my 060 & plays just how I like my sims. Love it using a mouse & the free look camera in the cockpit... Is ANYONE out there able to create a WHD installer for this, stablising it a touch & maybe smoothing out the frame rate as it was kinda not quite finished & probably contains a messy routine? But who am I to know?) I know there's some clever bods out there. I found a so called update for this but it wasn't any safer to use than the CUAmiga release.

To me at least, these 3 actually play quite similar, they all have that kinda pick up & play feel, even BOP in a fashion.

I miss fun sims...

Offline Nick

• Show only replies by Nick
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2003, 04:08:20 PM »
I wish there were enough people to get together to create a bloody good flight sim. I`d like to fly the planes I want. The Vulcan, YF-23, B-29, Lancaster, B-1b, B-2, A-10, B-52, Raytheon Starship 1, Beaufighter, Dornier 335....the list goes on. I want! :cry: All of these would be possible in the Microsoft sim (probably). :-(

Stupid reality!

Offline lionstormTopic starter

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2003, 08:06:34 AM »
Well I have to admit the best for me was strike commander 'cause it had everything : fun, storyboard, nice graphic for the time. But it is on a PC. Like F16, F18 and Falcon. Did not like so much birds of prey and co cuase they dont run fast.
What I wanted to know is an easy and maybe basic flight "sim" that anybody could play (without borned with a joystick in hand) with several players eventually cpu vs cpu (i have 2 A1200).
Lio

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2003, 08:23:07 AM »
flight sims....yummy,..

Tornado AGA  , Gunship2000 cd32 and coala!! ..
yes i know 2 of em are chopper games but i love em... and still its flight sims :)

btw to the guy who mentioned skychase... www.whdload.de  has it supported, works on my a1200bppc :) , so dig out yer orginal and start playing it....nice game indeed...

also f/18 interceptor was one damn good game..

for pc... well seriously it does have some neat sims, srike commander, apache , fighterduel pro (also on amiga) ....

flight simulator 2 on amiga is cool even...old but cool....jetstrike is still the best flight game ever though (amiga) ....by rasputin....on ecs,aga and cd32 machines (3 diff versions)
Whats up with all the hate!

Offline Elwood

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2003, 08:31:40 AM »
flew under the Golden Gate Bridge was one of those "I'm really glad I bought an Amiga" moments

So true ...
Philippe "Elwood" Ferrucci
AmigaOS 4.x betatester
Amiga Translator Organisation
My Homepage......

Offline Nick

• Show only replies by Nick
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2003, 07:23:40 PM »
The VERY first flight sim I ever played was Gunship on the C64. I loved that game. I had forgotton all about that. DOn`t asks me how, was it is on the top of my pile of Amiga games, in the corner of the room :-) I have played Gunship2000 in the past. I was a bit disspointed. Quite unrealistic in many ways. I do own Coala though. Even though when I install it I always put it under the Flight sim heading, I wouldn`t say it is a true sim. An arcade flight sim maybe.

I don`t know why I didn`t think of any of the helicopter flight sims. I don`t know why people treat helicopters as something which doesn`t come under the heading "aircraft" :-) Plane, helicopters....both capable of flight :-) So in theory they both would be flown in flight sims. :-D

@Lempkee

Hehe Jetstrike isn`t a sim. Very good, but not a sim. (though you didn`t say it was..I know :-)).